The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I miss Al.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27148 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Okay, who here thinks it melted?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Notice Doug was gone when it disappeared - he stole it and traded it for carbon credits.
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
We should contact the NSA. I'm sure they archived the thread with links to our personal files.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Josh has a point the FBI is snooping into affairs that they shouldn't be. Do you think we have been infiltrated by Alkida (please excuse my Arabic).
Al Angello
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
I consider every person on the Magic Café a friend for we all share a common passion for the magical arts.
Any argument (the logical type) which include emotional driven mantra is senseless, having zero benefit in civil discussions.
In essence, using the classic argumentative tactic of attacking the weakest premise to stir controversy in an effort to focus attention away from the original topic to force a counterattack in the most vulnerable spot; has no place among friends. Especially those who take it personally, get emotional and counterattack.
"Halliburton" is not an argument, it is a coded wedge.
Our modern day politico's behave in ways I find despicable, for they are not masters in persuasion, but, factors for dissuasion and division.
POOF!
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Al, I know of several magicians who have bombed! Badaup-Bum!
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Kregg

It can be difficult as a foreigner to understand the emotional or political baggage that attaches to some things for Americans - and I'm sure the reverse is also true.

Sometimes we think we're sailing on smooth waters only to suddenly find ourselves in a whirlpool, apparently of our own creation.

Fortunately there is a lot of good will and good humor here and little undieing emnity. The common passion you mention probably helps there.

Destiny
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2007-03-30 09:35, plasticdestiny wrote:
I was reading Paynes last post and when I clicked on 'back' the thread had disappeared - so Payne had the last word - but I can assure you it was a very reasonable post and I assume the decision to delete was based on earlier posts.

Like Kregg I'm surprised we got as far as we did.

For those who are desperate to know the content of Paynes last post it follows verbatim

Quote:

Dear dear Carrie, I am sorry I've taken so long to reply to your very reasoned and articulate post but I was filing down my horns - and it is so hot down here today - well it is every day really.

I was going to post a rebuttal to your last post but then I was struck by a light and realised you were totally correct.

Oh Carrie - I have been so blind.

No time to lose I'm afraid. I'm off to buy some shares in Halliburton - on the way I'll be registering as a Republican and then after I'm off to bible study

Blessings

Brother Payne.

I'm glad you were able to save my last post. Unfortunately the light I saw was the one in my refrigerator and it went out when I closed the door.
To get the money to buy Haliburton Stock I'd have to sell of my shares in Costco and that ain't gonna happen. I went to register as a Republican but their office was vacant as they'd moved out of town years ago -- this is Seattle after all. And I really tried to study the Bible last night but everytime I pick the darn thing up it burns, it burns.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
At least we can enjoy roasting marshmallows together.
POOF!
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27148 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
My uncle Screwtape says that happens sometimes when you mistakenly attribute meaning to the paper itself. Remember, meaning comes from actions. Results are what counts.

I hope it's a nice hot summer.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Big Jeff
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
I wish I could delete the really al as easily as the tread.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2007-03-30 12:29, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
My uncle Screwtape says that happens sometimes when you mistakenly attribute meaning to the paper itself. Remember, meaning comes from actions. Results are what counts.

I hope it's a nice hot summer.

You have an Uncle Screwtape as well?

We must be related!
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
Quote:
On 2007-03-30 13:20, Big "dumb" Jeff wrote:
I wish I could delete the really al as easily as the tread.

Huh?
POOF!
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5022 Posts

Profile of landmark
"I wish I could delete the real Al as easily as the thread."

Didn't they already do that in Florida on the voting machines in 2000? Smile

Onward to 16 more pages! [yecch]

Jack Shalom
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
Electors, not voters choose the President.
POOF!
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5022 Posts

Profile of landmark
Not electors, not voters.

The perceived results of the voting machines elect the President.

That is, the perceived results of the voting machines that the Supreme Court says are allowed to be counted accurately.

Jack
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
With no psychic ability at all I can predict this will not go 16 pages.
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

What could go wrong?
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
"That is, the perceived results of the voting machines that the Supreme Court says are allowed to be counted accurately."

Milk spills get over it, or as they say "Moveon.org"
Move on, now that's irony.
POOF!
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
From ABC News: "As most Americans learned in school and re-learned during the 2000 election, Americans do not directly elect their presidents and vice presidents. They actually elect "electors," who make up the Electoral College and cast the critical electoral votes for the nation's top two jobs."

Once again Jack, read please read the Constitution and stop confusing the US method of selection with Russia's voting system.
If it were a popularity contest, or the one with the most money, Warren Buffet or Angelina Jolie (at 35) would be president.
POOF!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I miss Al.... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL