The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Would a topit work? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sak07
View Profile
New user
Stirling/Manchester UK
54 Posts

Profile of sak07
I have been thinking of trying to do an appearance and disappearance of a couple of small animals. Would a topit work, or would it hurt the animal I use? I am thinking of using a scorpion, tarantula and possibly butterflies which are very fragile animals. If a topit wouldn't work, can anyone suggest another method?

Any comments are more than welcome.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
A topit will work, but if they live, they'll crawl out.
Dennis Michael
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27104 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
sak

Both scorpions and tarantulas are fragile creatures that are not accustomed to being tossed around. Both are comfortable climbing up and into "things." Both are also pretty capable of clinging onto jackets.

HOWEVER, they will be provoked by sleight of hand. They will bite or sting when cornered. They are NOT domesticated animals.

Butterflies are also fragile, though can be controlled and handled when the temperature goes down. They will not survive much direct handling.

You might be safer swapping the live creatures with rubber replicas. This way you can do anything with the replicas and keep the live ones alive.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
highmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of highmagic
Tossing in a topit a breathing human being? Are you kidding??? What about trying to make them slide in your card to wallet???
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Would a topit work? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL