The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Collard DVD vs. Educating Archer DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jakeg
Does anyone know the difference between the Collard section of the 'Educating' DVD and the Collard DVD by itself. I'm going to order one or the other, and before I do I'd like to know which I'm better off with. I'm primarily interested in Collard, but there's a lot of other info on the other program.
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2215 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Don't have Collard but Educating Archer is loaded with workers including Collard and Komedy Killer my favorite
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
dave burgess
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of dave burgess
Collard does not come with a DVD. It comes with the necessary gimmicks and written instructions. You can see a partial video of the routine at online shops like Hocus Pocus but the Educating Archer video shows the complete routine and an explanation. The DVD is worth it even if you only perform Collard because the full routine has extra lines and bits of business that really make the routine. You will thoroughly enjoy the rest of the DVD, as well. I've performed Collard 5 times to great reactions. I say you need both.
Dave
Trekdad
View Profile
Elite user
Telford, PA
445 Posts

Profile of Trekdad
I performed Collard yesterday for family and friends, and it got just the best reactions. Based on this, and Dave's recommendations above, I'm off to look for a copy of Educating Archer on DVD.
Barnhardt: You have tested this theory?
Klaatu: I find it works well enough to get me from one planet to the next.
The Day the Earth Stood Still
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3378 Posts

Profile of takeachance
You wont be sorry, the DVD's has a couple of real gems on them
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1436 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
Can anyone tell me where I can get a moderately priced version of the wallet used for Comedy Killer? Archer mentions a Miller wallet, but I'm not sure which one and the ones I've priced are about double the cost of most wallets. I'm not a wallet expert (although I bought switchback wallet and Eclipse wallet before learning these would not work. Would a Himber wallet do? Help . . . Thanks.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2007-10-28 18:44, Mumblemore wrote:
Can anyone tell me where I can get a moderately priced version of the wallet used for Comedy Killer? Archer mentions a Miller wallet, but I'm not sure which one and the ones I've priced are about double the cost of most wallets. I'm not a wallet expert (although I bought switchback wallet and Eclipse wallet before learning these would not work. Would a Himber wallet do? Help . . . Thanks.

Check out Hank Lee's website -
http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/product.php?productid=2010
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
A Himber can work if you modify your presentation slightly. I have the Ace in one side and the three other cards in the other. I show the back of the Ace and that it's the only card in the wallet. After that, unlike KK, if they name the Ace, I'm totally clean. If they name one of the others, I open the other side (but don't show the inside) and retrieve the necessary card. It may not be quite as clean as a four way Miller wallet, but since I already had it...
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Magicjg
View Profile
Elite user
474 Posts

Profile of Magicjg
If you buy the DVD only, are you able to perform collard by making your own gimmick or do you have to buy the gimmick on it's own?
CinChiller
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
404 Posts

Profile of CinChiller
Quote:
On 2007-11-10 23:22, Magicjg wrote:
If you buy the DVD only, are you able to perform collard by making your own gimmick or do you have to buy the gimmick on it's own?

If you don´t own "room service" you should buy the gimmick or you have to make it by your own, what I wouldn´t recommend.
The Gaff Book Collection - the right tool for your booktest.
Music for mentalism and psychic entertainment.
Visit: http://stores.lulu.com/dankworth01
Magicjg
View Profile
Elite user
474 Posts

Profile of Magicjg
I recently posted on the Collard trick. I bought the educating archer dvd instead of the gimmick. I'm interested in making my own gimmick instead of buying. My reason? I want to modify it to my own performance. Those that know the gimmick anytype of paper that works better? Also, does the service for the tag matter? Please email me at Jasongreens82@hotmail.com if you can help me out. My PM doesn't work here. Thanks.
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1359 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
Just curious, as I am only vaguely familiar with the methodology behind this, but it seems like this routine would work just as well to simply use the original koran medallion method, so why bother spending extra money or go to extra effort? Is it just to make the tag look better to the 1 volunteer? To the rest of the audience, they wouldn't know the difference. Given that, the dvd would be the less expensive option to acquire the performance rights. If anyone could fill me in, this would help me in my purchasing decision. Thanks.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3587 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I made a really cool gimmick that creates a 3D impression that is covered by a piece of plastic. It looks like the name has been engraved. Love it! I'm glad I bought the Educating Archer DVD instead of the Collard Effect.
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1249 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Quote:
On 2012-12-09 18:06, karljohnson wrote:
I made a really cool gimmick that creates a 3D impression that is covered by a piece of plastic. It looks like the name has been engraved. Love it! I'm glad I bought the Educating Archer DVD instead of the Collard Effect.

care to elaborate slightly?

Also, the Collard release now comes with a DVD and the props
Jac -dutch-
View Profile
Regular user
The Netherlands,
171 Posts

Profile of Jac -dutch-
John archers education 2 is great. Education 1 was for me disapointing. Callard was for me the best tric showing bij education 1. I guess a good trick!
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1249 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Quote:
On 2012-12-19 18:33, Jac -dutch- wrote:
John archers education 2 is great. Education 1 was for me disapointing. Callard was for me the best tric showing bij education 1. I guess a good trick!

I thought I was the other way around!

there were one or two effects on 2 that were very painful, and some nice ones,

the first one had more useable material IMO, interesting...
Jac -dutch-
View Profile
Regular user
The Netherlands,
171 Posts

Profile of Jac -dutch-
Interesting indeed!!!

Can you tell me which two were painfully?
Personal I like blanknight, soundbox & de-ja-two.
I really like his humor.

Dvd 1: I felt sleepy and tricks (and performance) disappointing me. I have to say I 'm not interesting real mentalisme and I got dvd 2 first.
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1249 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Probably better for another thread -

One Lucky Number - pretty painful
Stick with it - did not enjoy watching it but the method could be ok, wont replace what I already do
I like Blank Night and De Ja Tu, comedy killer is great but the same essentially as educating archer - starstruck is good
Soundbox and streetwise are worthless really without the props
the two close up routines are good, worth making up

all John Archer DVDs are entirely worth the price and if I lost my collection I would buy them again (my test to see if I value something) I can recommend them all completely, there is something useable on them all
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
His Comedy Killer is AMAZING! BUT I would have to say that not many can replicate his performance of it and that is really why its so killer to me. Now I have wanted Collard for years but never bit on it. Heard there where issues with the gimmick. But now I am Hearing that Room Service is better? I want one for close up to stage size. Who is still using this and loving it. I have the DVDS and proof if anyone wants to help me understand the gimmick and whatever issues might be going on with it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Collard DVD vs. Educating Archer DVD (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL