The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » A liitle help with faulty remote (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rich B.
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
632 Posts

Profile of Rich B.
I purchased the remote controlled Indian Rope Trick. I reviewed this product in the tricks section. It was very loud and the rope could not be fully extended so I made some minor modifications to solve these 2 issues (non electronic). That is why I won't be sending it back to the seller. I'm trying to contact the manufacturer to tell him about the simple modifications to improve the product and solve the following issue.

The rope is controlled via a remote that is on a flute. The problem is the rope will rise on its own about a 1/2 inch at a time. So after about 10 minutes the rope is fully extended. This happened in 2 different locations...at home and in work. I removed the battery from the remote...I thought some of the signal was seaping from the remote. The rope still is rising own its own without power to the remote.

Does anyone have any ideas I could try to solve this problem? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Rich B.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I guess you could have some extraneous electronic signals from televisions, PCs, etc. that is causing this. Have you tried it in a location such as an auditorium or somewhere else that is failry "electronics-free"?
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Rich B.
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
632 Posts

Profile of Rich B.
That's what I was thinking. If I were to put it in the back yard isolated from everything...do you think there would be signals floating around there? I'll try it when I get home. Thanks,

Rich B.
Rich B.
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
632 Posts

Profile of Rich B.
I just got off the phone with the manufacturer of the Indian rope trick. Apparently, the rising of the rope without a command is an ongoing problem that has not been resolved. They are looking into changing motors. I just wish people would not put things out on the market without fully testing them. The problem is this thing has been out for at least 2 years that I know of...and its still not resolved?

His suggestion was to flip the switch to the "on" position just before the routine. The problem is you have to lift the table, which is hinged, to flip the switch...not practicle. I'm going to have to move the switch to under the table. Possibly another piece of magic that won't be used. I thought I learned this lesson once (more like 186 times) before.

Rich B.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » A liitle help with faulty remote (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL