We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Floating Table » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Stephen Williams
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of Stephen Williams
Well I have had this for a while so thought I should post a review about it. First off, I know it has been said before but if you are looking for a good quality table, GO WITH LOSANDERS! I had many questions about the table before I bought it and Losander was very helpful and answered all of them.

The table I bought was just his basic model with a box. I am hoping to exchange it for a different model in the near future. It took a bit of getting used to, because of how expensive and fragile it is. The table came with an explanation DVD which took you through how to assemble your table, attaching the cloth and how to 'float' the table step by step.

The box also came with it's own dvd. In my opinion this is the hardest thing to get used to as you have to 'let go' of the table, and for those of you who know how the box works you will understand why I was so nervous!

After watching the DVD's several times I had a go of the table. After a lot of practice it looked amazing and you sometimes believe yourself that is actually is floating! It was expensive but well worth it!

Conclusion
This table is a definite winner! It's got me to the third audition stage of 'Britain's Got Talent' (I had to do the same trick for my first & second audition). If you have been thinking on getting this, do! This always gets a great reaction.
Magically,
Ste
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Hi Sparks,

Kudos to you for going with the original Losander ( welcome to the club LOL ). Don't worry about being nervous about the box. I use it with the $2500 model ( by the way... I also worked my way up to that model ) which is MUCH heavier than the basic model and it works fine for me. I did have an accident once when I didn't use the box quite right but I doubt you'd ever have that issue with the basic model.

Good Luck and congrats on your win.

Best,

Tim
magicman899
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of magicman899
Question, Could this hold a person on top? Not during the actual levitation. but after or before.
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Probably not... they look heavy but are actually VERY lite... I got to float one.. n it was Heavy enough but really weighs hardly anything
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1177 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Quote:
On 2007-04-08 20:53, magicman899 wrote:
Question, Could this hold a person on top? Not during the actual levitation. but after or before.

NO! NEVER! NOT EVEN CLOSE!
But I do have some VERY lite prop on it before I float it. Makes it look like just another side table.
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Magicman 899, you must be joking....;o)

CC.
Alex Tan
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
289 Posts

Profile of Alex Tan
LOL!

Why would a person be on a table, especially one that looks like a side table in the first place?
Aymeric de Veyrac
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of Aymeric de Veyrac
I'd like to know how much precisely does the 1300, 1800 and 2500 Losander's models weighs ?
I hear that the 2500 model was really much heavier. Is there any difficulty to handle the wire (strength...). PM me if possible thanks !
Aymeric de Veyrac
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Nobody ?
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
Ricos..

I am lets say not a strong person... I Was able to float the 2500 model.. not 100% perfect because it was a bit heavy ... but if you practice it for like 10 min I'm sure you would be able to adapt.
Aymeric de Veyrac
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Thanks for the answer !
And do you have an idea of the weigh of this model, in comparaison of the others ?
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
The $2500 model is about twice as heavy as the $1300. It is no problem with a bit of practice. When I first performed it felt a bit heavy but now is a peice of cake.

Best,

Tim
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
I have the 1500 dollar model (deluxe) light colored table. Ive had many other tables from other manufacturers and there is no comparison. Losander is the way to go if you care about your show. I traded in another manufacturers table and got mine for 1000 with box instead of 1500. I don't think Ill ever upgrade as I'm happy with this one.

I about peed myself when I read about standing on the table.... not to make fun, but more of the image of someone trying it. Id pay for that ticket!

Anybody know what he does with the traded in tables from other manufacturers???
Allan Bright
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Allan Bright
I have the $1800 version and had the center piece done in bronze color and another one in gold color. Like this I can change the bit the look of the table.
Anyway, as said before, the Losander table are the best !
Thanks Losander.
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1877 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
I HIGHLY recommend the table on eBay or http://www.magicsax.com It is VERY nice, and the price is incredible. The magician/creator is a nice guy who will bend over backwards to make you happy.

IF you don't like it (doubtful), you can always trade it in for the $500 Losander Rebate and make $150 in the process. Mr. Clark has many different styles and varnishes. They all look nice. Losander's VERY top end look nicer, but $2200 compared to $350 .. . . . .

The gimmick is different than the "Tommy Wonder" gimmick, and has its strengths and weaknesses, but I am very happy and have a lot of extra cash to buy another Losander product should I choose. In worst case scenario, you will be up $150 and buy Losander's "Bubble Zombie AND table for the same price as just a Losander table - not a bad "worst case" scenario.

BTW, Before I get flamed, Losander products are nice, but he did not invent the floating table.
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4208 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Quote:
On 2007-07-04 10:19, CaptainKid wrote:
BTW, Before I get flamed, Losander products are nice, but he did not invent the floating table.

True, However I'm not at all certain these particular budget tables would exist had it not been for Losander's design and research. There is an air of knock-off here, just look at them.
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1877 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
I made my original post because I think the MagicSax.com table is not only an EXCELLENT table, but it is at an unbelievable price. I think many dismiss it because they are way under-priced for the quality. I have only done this with one other product, the http://magicbackdrops.com backdrops. Another fantastic product with a fantastic price. I think we get used to paying through the nose for high quality props, and when we see a prop that is priced reasonable, then we assume it is not high quality. Many times we are correct. On these two items, I can assure you the quality is excellent. Both are marketed by individual working magicians that have not built up a huge PR machine (yet), so you are not paying for a name.

Losander did make them popular, and they may not exist if Losander did not make his first. Then again, I can say the same about Losander's tables, since he did not originate the idea. We build on shoulder's of giants, and Losander is a giant. . . but knock off?? How can one rebut this comment:

"There is an air of knock-off here, just look at them."

Hmmm, I look, but I don't see it. They are all designed to look like tables. MagicSax has around seven different designs, all available with different finishes, cloths etc. The gimmick is totally different, and I think, superior, as a "workhorse prop". Losander's tables gimmick requires them to be VERY light, and the lighter the table, the more prone to break. The MagicSax table, while still very light, is heavier, thus stronger and less likely to break.

I do not know who came up with the idea to pack it in a case, was that Losander? That was a good idea, one, I am sure, that was born out of necessity.

It does not take a brain surgeon to figure out how to make a table, even if you have never seen one . . . Every table uses different gimmicks, and Losander has had his on the market for a long time, and from what I understand, he did not come up with the gimmick he uses (am I right?).

The MagicSax.com table IS NOT a budget table. Speaking to people who have both MagicSax & Losander tables(a very small sample),the http://MagicSax.com table is preferred. I do think there is an "air" about a comment calling other tables "budget" - perhaps a bit of looking down one's nose at those who prefer to spend their cash in other ways. A Losander table IS a statement (to other magicians) and if that is what one wants, then by all means, spend your money. Yes, there are various qualities, Losander's bottom end, while still expensive, looks MUCH, MUCH, MUCH more "budget"!
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1045 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
I have not once heard what Losander thinks about someone making similar tables. All I ever see is other people voicing their opinion about it. I'd like to know what he thinks about it. What if someone made one floating table like his and did not sell it?

Micheal Leath
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4208 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Quote:
On 2007-07-08 20:35, CaptainKid wrote:

It does not take a brain surgeon to figure out how to make a table, even if you have never seen one .

I do think there is an "air" about a comment calling other tables "budget" - perhaps a bit of looking down one's nose at those who prefer to spend their cash in other ways. A Losander table IS a statement (to other magicians) and if that is what one wants, then by all means, spend your money.

It does not take a brain surgeon, but it does require an artist to make a beautiful table of this nature.

Sorry if calling them budget tables unnerved you Smile But you yourself keep talking about their low price structure. So it goes.

If indeed a Losander table is a "statement" to other magicians then I suspect it is a statement of appreciation of a modern creative original artist and active performer.

These tables are sold with candle holders. A lit candle on the floating table is a Losander signature effect. He does not even sell it himself...He routinely performs it!

Knock offs?...How can I possibly be convinced otherwise? Smile Rewind the video!

But do enjoy the tables, I just personally would feel creepy, but that may just be me.
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1877 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
Eddie,

You seem to be in fight mode today. If you REALLY want to continue this discussion, then PM me, or heck, even call me. 800 870-9465. I don't think we need to weigh this thread down any more.

I did visit your websites (very nice). You did a GREAT job, I just find Dark Arts Media used a few things that are not original either. . . Not that I have a problem with it. I would certainly hire you to work on my web sites - if I could afford you.

"modern creative original artist" - I certainly would not disagree with you that Losander is an modern creative original artist - just not for the floating table. For that he is a modern creative artist - just not original. The floating table was around well before he got into it, as was the gimmick he uses. I have no idea if he was first with the candle or not, but I doubt he was the first. I do not know if he was the first to break one down to be carried in a case, if he did, then I would say that part was original. Since Lossander did not originate the effect, by your standards, Losander's tables are knock-offs! The fact is, Losander is standing on the shoulder's of giants. He borrowed other's ideas. That does not take away anything from him. For magic to progress, it is necessary that we don't re-invent the wheel every time. Others may well be standing on his shoulders. If not now, then in the future I hope things get better!

BTW, I drive a Ford, do you drive a knock-off?

On another note, nice Vent, where did you get him?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Floating Table » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL