The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Floating Table » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Well done, Thomas Clark!
I had a feeling this fellow was the real deal.

I will certainly shop his items and creations in the future. I'm very impressed with his wood work and his turn around on this issue is outstanding. I suspect great things will now flourish from his Magic workshop and we will be protecting Clark creations with this very same fervor!

Thomas, I tip my hat to you and I think you are a great and rare guy.
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
I get so sick of hearing magicians cry their eyes out about ripoffs and similar props or giving credit till the maker screams rape. Get over it. I don't see a ripoff here. Similarities, yes but not any different than a thin model sawing changed over to a clear thin model sawing by the pendragons. No different than a camaro looking similar like a firebird. Same products, same outcome, different workings. Maybe someone should call chevrolet and cry to them a bit.

I own a losander as well as a magicsax. Two completely different tables... looks, workings, and styles. Only similarity are both float. But come on, who many different levitations of floating girls are there. Oh, this is a table, and losander is the only one who can deal with tables (not to mention candlesticks, I personaly use bottle of beer, or does losander own the rights to that as well). don't think so. I use both regularly and switch them out depending on the audience. I use the magicsax when working in a open public, and the losander when at a formal occasion of sorts. Fact is, almost every product on the market has a similar competitive product. Ripoff no, similar yes. Now until one of you gets one of these in your hands, I suggest you do better research before dismantling a fellow magician for being successful in his creations.

We can go on and on in similar tricks.... clipboards, cards, sawings, levitations, appearances, disappearances, coins. Many types of the same routines out there... just stay away from the tables or candlesticks I guess!
The Shadow Knows
View Profile
New user
Parts Unknown
23 Posts

Profile of The Shadow Knows
Quote:
On 2007-07-27 21:20, videokideo wrote:
I get so sick of hearing magicians cry their eyes out about ripoffs and similar props or giving credit till the maker screams rape. Get over it. I don't see a ripoff here. No different than a camaro looking similar like a firebird. Same products, same outcome, different workings. Maybe someone should call chevrolet and cry to them a bit.

I don't think General Motors is upset that a Camaro is similar to a Firebird. They designed and marketed them both! BOTH are GM cars. Maybe next time you should do a bit more research before you make such comparisons.

The Shadow Knows
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
Having recently ordered a prop from Thomas Clark, I must say that he is one of the finest vendors I have ever dealt with regard to communication, quality and post sale support. I have been in magic for over 25 years and I can easily say Mr. Clark sets the standard others should aspire to. I have given business lectures on customer service around the country and feel confident that I can assert this with some professional and personal expetise.

Dan.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2007-07-28 07:22, Amazing Magic Co wrote:
Having recently ordered a prop from Thomas Clark, I must say that he is one of the finest vendors I have ever dealt with regard to communication, quality and post sale support. I have been in magic for over 25 years and I can easily say Mr. Clark sets the standard others should aspire to. I have given business lectures on customer service around the country and feel confident that I can assert this with some professional and personal expetise.

Dan.

I had a long discussion with Thomas after this thread had ran its course. He impressed me quite a bit as someone who has a long career ahead of him in the magic business.He seemed like a pretty good guy all the way around. What's past is past and the tables in question are in the past. Everyone had their say and things got wrapped up to a point where the tables are no longer being made.....so why discuss it any further? There seems to be no issue regards Thomas's character as everyone seems to agree he's a solid guy and a great craftsman. I don't see where any more discussion on the table topic does anyone any good. Thomas has moved on as we all should. Take a peek at his latest project. It looks like great workmanship and I am waiting to see what effect it has in store. http://www.magicsax.com/store/page10/page10.html

Best,

Tim
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
"I don't see where any more discussion on the table topic does anyone any good."

Great quote... but id be willing to bet that wouldnt be the case if the tables were still on his site. Its ok to bash Thomas for 3 pages and then expect it to be dropped when you get your way. Sorry, but two sides here. Had I seen this topic sooner, id jumped in sooner. WHAT I don't UNDERSTAND IS HOW ALL OF YOU, ESPECIALLY THE SHADOW, CAN SAY THIS IS A RIPOFF WHEN NONE OF YOU HAVE SEEN A TABLE IN PERSON, AND MOST HAVE NEVER SEEN A LOSANDER IN PERSON. HMMMMMMMM.... HOW COULD YOU POSSIBLY KNOW THIS WAS A COPY OR RIPOFF AS YOU CALL IT.

First of all, Thomas moved on because of the flood of tears coming his direction....not to mention the ignorance of arguing a prop you have never even seen in person. Not one of you professionals once laid eyes or hands on one of his tables. Therefore you couldn't posibly argue the fact that its a ripoff. You just base it off of the effect.

And most importantly.... the tables are still being sold like hotcakes. They were not taken off of the site due to the fits, but because of the number of orders coming in. All of the whining here about a certain table that is similar to losander did him some good an caused a huge number of magicians to check him out and order. When someone does a search for floating tables they can now read about a certain table that must be good cause everyone is crying about it. Karma is funny! If anybody should know this, its magicians. You don't like what you see, you make it disappear by not drawing attention to it.

I checked with my patent attorney and he has assured me that both table are different enough to hold their own in court. (Weight, design, gimmick all different). When I ordered my losander a year ago after ordering the magicsax, losander even admitted that the other tables were nothing like his own and you get what you pay for. that's all I needed to hear.

SHADOW...when you get the balls to post under your own name instead of making new one to hide behind for this thread, then you can be my PR rep.

My guess is that if one of you would fork over the cash and order a table to make a factual arguement, then youd find out youd rather keep and use the prop rather than dismantle the man who made it. The only person who should be crying is losander and he isn't, so time to move on.

In the end I respect everyone on here.. I respect all opinions, but will never turn my head from arguements used to hurt someone without merit or fact behind the argument.

Tim, glad you are back as I enjoy your posts... just have to disagree with you on this one.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Hello VideoKideo,

Yes we will have to agree to disagree on this topic. I will agree that if the tables were still on the site I would still be all over this thing as I suspect many others would.

Thomas really impressed me in a PM and in my reply I told him that I had too much respect for him to lie to him and I told him that I still thought the facts really do point towards the fact that the routine, look and effect are way to similar to Losanders table. Patent Shmatent... I don't think its ever been about the legal issue here but instead ethics...oh but wait... we've already discussed that.LOL In fact we've already discussed just about everything regards the tables. If Thomas is still making them then I am disappointed. ( not sure if that's what you implied or not )

I'm always up for a scrap when it comes to ethics but I'd like to move on from yanking on Thomas from both directions. If he chooses to jump in then I'm all for more discussion but maybe he's tired of others talking for/about him. If you really want to discuss ethics vs legal maybe we can start a new thread in another topic area.

Best,

Tim
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
Thanks Tim, agreed. I read all of your posts thoughout the forums as they always have credible statements worth reading. Not to mention educational.

My only disagreement here was I seem to be the only one who as actually used or seen a table, so only one who have the true facts straight concerning it. Otherwise, all other statements made are valid in my eyes.

I do have one question, there are a number of these tables on the market that do similar if not the same as losanders, and are sold by big names. So are they not ripoffs as well? Guess I never uderstood why all other tables didn't make the discussion. doesn't matter really, just interested but will move on.

Thanks for taking the high ground as usuall.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Hello VideoKideo,

Those big names are all selling Losanders tables. That is why they didn't get discussed here.

Just to clear things up. Thomas is keeping on the high road as well and is no longer building the tables. ( got a quick note from him ) I'm embarrassed I even questioned if he still was. He impresses me of a man of his word.

VideoKideo... you are a hot headed man of passion when it comes to magic and speaking your mind!!! That we have in common. LOL

Best,

Tim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Floating Table » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL