The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Roadrunner Cull help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Ryan clark
View Profile
Loyal user
Spruce Grove ,AB
236 Posts

Profile of Ryan clark
No one has probably has ever heard of this, but what the heck. This is a move by Kostya Kimlat, You can let the spectators shuffle the cards themselves face up into face down themselves after they have made a selection and then cull all of the face up cards to the bottom in 10-15 seconds. I have his notes explaining the effect. If any has tried this can you please p.m and explain it a bit better for me? I really need to learn this. I guess I don't learn well without pictures.

Ryan
Any Effect Is Possible, methods are relativley easy to come by, but it is the effect that takes true courage to come up with

Sankey
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
There have been MANY threads, long threads on the Roadrunner cull.

Try searching some of the other threads on this because they include a lot of great handling tips that would improve it.

You can also pick up his DVD which demo's the cull in 4-5 effects, including 2 performances of Culligula.
Ryan clark
View Profile
Loyal user
Spruce Grove ,AB
236 Posts

Profile of Ryan clark
Culligula is great, but does he explain the cull rather than just demo it?
Any Effect Is Possible, methods are relativley easy to come by, but it is the effect that takes true courage to come up with

Sankey
Cody Fisher
View Profile
Special user
884 Posts

Profile of Cody Fisher
First of all, email him. He has taught the cull many, many times to many, many people. He can help you out. Secondly, find out if he plans to lecture near you since he teaches the cull there. Thirdly, I believe he is coming out with a DVD on the cull soon.

If you need any specific help on the cull, if you PM me I'd be happy to help since I do it often, or refer you to someone else on this forum who knows the cull.

Good luck.

Cody
Ryan clark
View Profile
Loyal user
Spruce Grove ,AB
236 Posts

Profile of Ryan clark
What is the difficulty of the cull on a scale of 1-10? and this doesn't mean getting it perectly in performance but actually just learning the technique?

Sankey
Cody Fisher
View Profile
Special user
884 Posts

Profile of Cody Fisher
Hmm...not quite sure exactly the number I'd give. The technique is not horribly difficult to get down if you are familiar with the classic Hofzinzer spread cull but it will take a while to get the correct rhythm. It takes even longer to get to the point to be able to do the triumph. It is also very useful though to just cull four or five cards.

Cody
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1484 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
It is like all the moves. When you have it down, it is second nature. Difficulty 1 on 10. The thing is: you need to put the time into it to get to this mastery. Like a good DL, a good pass... a good cull.
The written description in the notes are pretty clear, if I remember correctly. He also teach it in his International magic lecture DVD.
Stay on it and experiment.
Jonathan.
Dizzy
View Profile
Elite user
UK
437 Posts

Profile of Dizzy
http://www.internationalmagic.com

They sell the lecture dvd which Kostya did last year. In the dvd he gives an in-depth explaination of the 'Roadrunner cull',

Diane
Griff
View Profile
Loyal user
Florida
285 Posts

Profile of Griff
Hey guys, I do the Hofzinzer SC a lot for 1-5 cards or so. I am impressed with the RR Cull(from a demo). I don't have the need to cull more than about 5 cards, but am wondering if the RR would replace the Hofz. for my purposes. In other words, is it worth switching for so few cards? I know the RR is great for many cards, but how about just a few (compared to the Hofz.)?
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Griff, while this has not been made completely clear, the RR cull *IS* a Hofz spread cull, it is just Kostya's handling / fingering of it.

In other words if you are already doing a hofz. spread cull for 5 cards, then you can do the same for 26 cards, because the mechanics are the same, its just kostya has a different fingering / rhythm for it.

So you wouldnt be switching, but perhaps just refining the cull you are already doing.
Ryan clark
View Profile
Loyal user
Spruce Grove ,AB
236 Posts

Profile of Ryan clark
With the help of cody I completely understand the cull now, and hot *** is it a nice one. It will take some work though to be able to cull half the deck. But even for 4 cards or so it is perfect. I just need to get the rhythm down now, and I can imagine this is the only move I will be doing for a while now, since I get quite obsessive.

Thanks for everyones help.

Ryan

Sankey
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1438 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Quote:
On 2007-04-06 20:25, Dizzy wrote:

They sell the lecture dvd which Kostya did last year. In the dvd he gives an in-depth explaination of the 'Roadrunner cull',

Diane

strange, because I always read/hear that it is just a brief/very short description....as far as I know kostya didn't published a really in depth description (unfortunately) though it is his most request effect. I'd love to learn it as well. but I am not gonna pay big bucks for a brief description...if I am wrong, please let me know
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
I think for four cards I would look into Marlo's prayer cull... but that's just me.
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
Ryan clark
View Profile
Loyal user
Spruce Grove ,AB
236 Posts

Profile of Ryan clark
I have looked into the prayer cull, but this one seems more efficient if you ask me, but you're not so I'll shut my fat mouth.

Sankey
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
No need to "shut your mouth" brother.

If you don't mind me asking, why do you feel it is more efficient? I use the prayer cull for four cards, and the roadrunner for separating colors, or larger sets of cards (say a suit).

I'm curious why you feel the Roadrunner, for a small group of cards, is a better alternative?
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
Pavloter
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Pavloter
Quote:
On 2007-04-08 23:00, Memory-Jah wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-04-06 20:25, Dizzy wrote:

Diane

strange, because I always read/hear that it is just a brief/very short description....as far as I know kostya didn't published a really in depth description (unfortunately) though it is his most request effect. I'd love to learn it as well. but I am not gonna pay big bucks for a brief description...if I am wrong, please let me know
Well it is well described. It's video from his lecture at London, and he goes in details how to do it.
Pavlo
Jason Shapiro
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Jason Shapiro
Its going to take lots of practice. I saw it performed twice, once in Miami and once in Atlanta. Difficulty scale of 1-10, just begining....10. Today its a breeze. The only way it will work is if you get to that level wear you don't even have to really try," your hands move by themselves", as Kostya puts it. It is muscle memory. It is very satisfiying to do right under their noses. I now do this every time with no problems. I took me ,personaly, about four months of practice before it looked good for laymen( I really only had the notes to go back to). Worth every day. I hope most people give up on it. Right now I never have to hear .."I've seen that before." Only those precious words.." NO WAY!" Good Luck Ryan!
Ryan clark
View Profile
Loyal user
Spruce Grove ,AB
236 Posts

Profile of Ryan clark
Thanks jason, Its slowly coming along, nordatrax , I think it basically just feels more comfortable for me to cull cards casually with this method, as apposed to the prayer cull, I suppose its just as good but more of a comfortability thing.

Ryan

Sankey
Schmecal
View Profile
New user
Baltimore, MD
70 Posts

Profile of Schmecal
Keep practicing. This is one of those moves that if I could only use 4 moves for the rest of my life, this would be one of them (w/ a DL, pass, and second deal). The Triumph using this cull is unreal. Well worth the time and effort.
Ryan clark
View Profile
Loyal user
Spruce Grove ,AB
236 Posts

Profile of Ryan clark
Agreed

Sankey
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Roadrunner Cull help (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL