The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Wesley James on Erdnase Soon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
No problem Grant!

I saw your video (a while back) and the preview of the new one, and it looks good!

I am not an expert. I haven't studied it as much as others (though I study it every day... which tells you what kind of social life I have!)

What I can tell you is that everyone I have spoken too seemed to bring up points the others had missed. In fact, I had two experts tell me what the most important thing in Erdnase is- and both opinions varied (and NEITHER was Uniformity of Action as so many people say).

So do I think EVERYONE can still learn and grow from reading Erdnase? Yes. Some people will just get more out of these newer projects then others...

Ben "Doesn't-know-half-as-much-as-he-makes-it-sound-like-he-does" Train
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
zachdotcom
View Profile
New user
Orlando, FL
58 Posts

Profile of zachdotcom
Half of me wants to keep studying just the book, just so I can say that I did. It would feel like more of an accomplishment. The other half wants all of the deep knowledge spoon fed to me. The same knowledge I might get studying it myself, without all the work of studying.

What's a young guy to do these days?
rawdawg
View Profile
Special user
Southern California
686 Posts

Profile of rawdawg
Keep studying while getting spoon fed.

I'd like to see what others have discovered whilst reading between the lines of The Expert.
One time, when I was young, I botched a sleight so bad, Vernon, Marlo & Miller rolled over in their graves. But I didn't see Elmsley, probably because he was behind the others.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
There is one thing that does puzzle me in the book and it is this:

“There are many other methods of doctoring cards to meet the requirements of particular games, and the skill, or rather want of it, of the operator. By roughening the faces of some of the cards they will hold together, and are more easily retained while shuffling.”

I have spoken to experts such as PC and so on about it, but I have not been given an answer that I was happy with.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Stepanov
View Profile
Regular user
Russia, St. Petersburg
184 Posts

Profile of Stepanov
Uff. Long time read this thread and untill last time think means my book, and I am that expert on Erdnase, which book will come on next half year. Smile))) But now looks like it was not about me. Smile

OK. Some of questions from NOT Expert on Erdnase:

What trick of Buatier DeKolta used on Erdnase?
How Erdnase call assistant of Alexander Hermann?

Please, do not try search answers on previous books. You can ask another experts which books still not published... I am not sure, but it CAN be on new books... But, it sure will be on my book. Smile
Stepanov Oleg Anatolievich
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Erdnase DVDs are now available!!!

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......=2&2
fogelka
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of fogelka
This will be good! It's shipping in a few days here.

Anybody know what the book will be like that comes with the DVDs? As I understand it, the book will basically serve as notes for the DVDs.

Thanks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Wesley James on Erdnase Soon (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL