The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » What changed, Doug Higley? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

CJRichard
View Profile
Special user
Massachusetts
542 Posts

Profile of CJRichard
Last night I was reading a December '03 interview with Doug Higley on the Sideshow World website. Here's a brief quote:

Q. Are you still creating gaffs?

A. Nope. I could of course, but now with no Circus Report to advertise them in, it wouldn't be the same. I can do stuff if somebody needs a piece or two. The good thing is I sold everything I ever made instantly. So there's nothing lying around except the Mermaid, which I just got back from the Museum when their tour ended.

Q. Do you ever plan on working in the sideshow industry again in the future?

A. Nope. Done that. But I could make some 'zibits and maybe re-write the book I did on "Flea-market Sideshows a How-To." The info is still solid and hard to come by. That might be fun.

Obviously, you decided it was worth the effort to resume or continue your work, update the book and keep having fun.

Why the change of heart? Market forces? A rebirth of this sort of "foolertainment"?

Or you just can't say no when somebody wants a zibit?
"You know some of you are laughin', but there's people here tryin' to learn. . ." -Pop Haydn

"I know of no other art that proclaims itself 'easy to do.'" -Master Payne

Ezekiel the Green
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1348 Posts

Profile of handa
*What changed, Doug Higley?
(Whoa, whoa!)

Worst Tom Jones song ever...

Chris

P.S.--This is for the two people on The Café who might get the joke. Everyone else, move along. There's nothing to see here...
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Yeah nothing to see here. We lost Circus Report but discovered the Magic Café and I found out that a lot of people wanted (needed) my stuff. The biz was always out there just never properly exploited. The Café has made ALL the difference.

Stopped working for lame companies and decided to stay at home and go for it.

Also the The Dark Museum idea helped a great deal.

As to working in the "industry", I take that to mean 'on the road' and the answer is still NO.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
I sleep better at night knowing that Higley is staying home in California, 2000 miles away from Iowa.
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » What changed, Doug Higley? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL