The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Stage hypnosis domain name (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

arkon476
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of arkon476
Just a heads up to anyone looking for a good website name.

There's one on ebay that's pretty pricy but seems perfect for a comedy hypnotist.

Link is here
kcalB
View Profile
Special user
Took me 16 years to make
999 Posts

Profile of kcalB
Understanding a bit about domain names and how they work, I can honestly say that this domain is worthless for ranking or driving traffic to your stage hypnosis site.

My psychic sense tells me that there won't be a single bidder.

Best,
Black
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Former Member of P.E.A.
Creator of The Clearly Q&A Board

Alumni
ECSSI
ECSSII
ECSSIII
ECSSIV
ECSSV
BizarreHauntingsI
arkon476
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of arkon476
Hah, I wouldn't be surprised as they're asking a fortune for it.

But, Black, you've got me curious. Isn't ranking and traffic dependent on search term keywords and the number of outside links pointing to a website?

Wouldn't you think if you got those just right, you could call your website just about anything that relates to your service?

Well, maybe not anything... I see lousyhypnotist.com is still up for grabs. Smile

aaron
kcalB
View Profile
Special user
Took me 16 years to make
999 Posts

Profile of kcalB
Aaron,
Good comments and what you say about content is absolutely 100 % true.

As for the domain name,..it helps ranking when the domain name describes exactly what the site is all about because search engine spiders understand a hyphenated name opposed to a run on name therefore this domain http://www.The-Comedy-Hypnotist.com is a better choice for search engine ranking than this domain http://www.TheComedyHypnotist.com,
which is more people friendly. So the solution is to register both, as the cost is negligible.

Best,
Black
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Former Member of P.E.A.

Alumni
ECSSI
ECSSII
ECSSIII
ECSSIV
ECSSV
BizarreHauntingsI
arkon476
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of arkon476
I see what you're saying and I also see you practice what you preach. Smile

I never knew that about the spiders but it makes sense.

But I wonder how important ranking really is. I would think you'd be better off simply sending qualified suspects to your website by way of your mailings out to possible clients.

Maybe that would be an interesting poll to take... see how much comes in by way of passive web searches vs. actively inviting prospects to the site.

Whoops! Better not say that too loud or this thread might get sent to the tricky business section! Smile

aaron
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Or register sebastions suggestion and sell it to the person who buys the original one..

;-)
arkon476
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of arkon476
Good one! LOL!

But, I think Sebastian has it right and there'll be no bids on it.

I imagine most hypnotists are single performers who aren't about to (or can't afford to) spend that much cash on a domain name that they'd probably use just to re-direct visitors to their own website.

Doing a search on domain name sales brings up some unbelievable prices! I wonder how often they sell in the real world.

I'll be watching this one to see how it plays out.

aaron
kcalB
View Profile
Special user
Took me 16 years to make
999 Posts

Profile of kcalB
Aaron, Last time I checked I own about 15 domain names.
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Former Member of P.E.A.

Alumni
ECSSI
ECSSII
ECSSIII
ECSSIV
ECSSV
BizarreHauntingsI
adramindmagic
View Profile
Regular user
East St. Louis
106 Posts

Profile of adramindmagic
Ah Mr. Black, ive heard the contrary, search engine don't discriminate and just see words as they come. I could be wrong though...

But who searches for the word hypno anyways?
I love magic!
arkon476
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of arkon476
Sebastian, while you have over 15 domain names, my psychic sense tells me you didn't pay $500 for any of them. LOL! Correct me if I'm wrong! Smile

As you say, it really isn't expensive anymore to have multiple domain names, especially for different aspects of your entertainment offerings... which is actually a very smart thing to do.
kcalB
View Profile
Special user
Took me 16 years to make
999 Posts

Profile of kcalB
Quote:
On 2007-04-11 21:37, adramindmagic wrote:
Ah Mr. Black, ive heard the contrary, search engine don't discriminate and just see words as they come. I could be wrong though...

But who searches for the word hypno anyways?

Your always telling me that I pop up all over the place ? so it must work.. eh

Quote:
On 2007-04-11 22:05, arkon476 wrote:
Sebastian, while you have over 15 domain names, my psychic sense tells me you didn't pay $500 for any of them. LOL! Correct me if I'm wrong! Smile

As you say, it really isn't expensive anymore to have multiple domain names, especially for different aspects of your entertainment offerings... which is actually a very smart thing to do.

Multiple personalities works also...just ask adramindmagic ....lol
Seriously though . I use different names to target different markets and once again it is very cheap.

While we are on the topic, I can't beleive how many people call themeselves professional world renouned entertainers and use a free website service with pop-up ads on it.

Right the only world that they are renouned in is the one between their ears.

Black
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Former Member of P.E.A.

Alumni
ECSSI
ECSSII
ECSSIII
ECSSIV
ECSSV
BizarreHauntingsI
arkon476
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of arkon476
Sebastian, it defies all common sense, doesn't it?

Quote:
While we are on the topic, I can't beleive how many people call themeselves professional world renouned entertainers and use a free website service with pop-up ads on it.

You would think that someone pursuing high-paying clients would understand that everything they present to the world has to reinforce the image of a successful person worth the fee they command. Not only do pop-ups destroy that image, so do poorly made websites.

But then, common sense really isn't very common anymore, is it?
kcalB
View Profile
Special user
Took me 16 years to make
999 Posts

Profile of kcalB
And then the client is suprised when the Hypnotist shows up and is wearing $19.99 patent leather shoes from Wall-Mart.
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Former Member of P.E.A.

Alumni
ECSSI
ECSSII
ECSSIII
ECSSIV
ECSSV
BizarreHauntingsI
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Stage hypnosis domain name (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL