The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Special Offer - Instant Author Kit (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
mk
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of mk
I'd like to share my No-Hassle Instant Author Kit with members of the Magic Café. This 32-page magic book is great for BOR sales, lead generation, school fundraisers, or as a gift to your clients. Until the end of April, the Magic Café special price is $87 (regularly $125). You receive the reprint rights, as well as the necessary files on a CD to customize the book with you name and biographical information...plus 2 bonuses! This offer is not valid for Illinois residents. I'd be happy to send you a pdf flier with all the details...just email me at Michaelkett@earthink.net.
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
Hey Mike,

What is the subject of the book and how do you use it to generate leads and business?

What sorts of real RESULTS have you gotten with you book.

Count me as interested in more information...
Deano in Reno
<><
Dean Hankey, *M.D. - The Dean of Success Solutions!
Serving & Supporting YOU and Your Success!
"Book More Shows... Make More Money... SERVE MORE PEOPLE! - Not Necessarily In That Order…"

(*Marketing Doctor) Smile
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1851 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
I believe that it is probably the same package offered by CJ Johnson, Eric Paul and others. The Lead Generation probably comes from the contact info you have inside, and from new Book owner's mom calling you up to inquire about birthday parties, etc. Smile

Chris
Julian Franklin
View Profile
Regular user
Houston, TX
139 Posts

Profile of Julian Franklin
I've use these kits all the time and have Michael's. It's really good, and yes, it is a "Learn Magic" sort of book for beginners. You can use them as alternative to goodie bags, BOR sales at various events, etc.

Dean, I've heard you have one of these also. Is that true? Is it still available? If so, where can I find out more about it? If it's available, I'll take one. I have CJs, Tim Sonefelt's, Mike Kett's, Greg McMahan's, and James Munton's.

Why so many? Because they raise my perception among my audience (I've written FIVE books, ya know!), they generate loyalty, they stimulate new business, and most importantly, they make me money.

--Julian Franklin
mk
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of mk
Actually, my Instant Author Kit is a combination of a number of the illustrated tricks from my 2 books, Applied Magic and Houdini in the Classroom. Applied Magic explains how to use magic as a therapeutic tool and Houdini in the Classroom shows teachers how to use magic as a teaching tool to improve writing skills, verbal communication, and motor skills, as well as a memory hook for key curriculum topics.I intentionally didn't include any card tricks in any of the books.
I also have CJ Johnson's book that I trade off using with my book primarily for lead generation and as a thank-you gift for clients.
TheDean
View Profile
Inner circle
Reno, Nevada
2164 Posts

Profile of TheDean
Thanks Mike!

I have BOTH Mike’s published books (Amazon, Real Bookstore Books) and I refer them to others all the time... good stuff!

Like Julian, I love to:
a) Have different solutions for different opportunities in my business.
b) I LOVE to know what is available in the market as well... just good business.
I also have CJ's, James', Timothy Hyde's, Jon Jenson's, Eddy Wade's stuff and a few other higs of my own, as well as many others as I know about out there...

YES Julian, I have a stunning "Instant Author, PROVEN Profit Making Success System" that has produced amazing results for tons of professionals world-wide... you are welcome to take a look-see for your self at: http://www.AbraKIDabraSuccess.com

Thanks for asking!

Let me know how I can be of value and assistance my friends!

I am at your service and In HIS Service,
Deano in Reno (Home of IBM 2007)
<><

Posted: Apr 8, 2007 10:29pm
PS
Julian's stuff is loaded with practical, actionable tips to make more money and make life better! Sign-up for his stuff... you have NOTHING to loose but more bookings and success!
Dean Hankey, *M.D. - The Dean of Success Solutions!
Serving & Supporting YOU and Your Success!
"Book More Shows... Make More Money... SERVE MORE PEOPLE! - Not Necessarily In That Order…"

(*Marketing Doctor) Smile
MichaelKent
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of MichaelKent
Michael,

I emailed you and have not heard back.

MK
ralphdean
View Profile
Veteran user
Northern Ca
302 Posts

Profile of ralphdean
Mike, your email is not going thru....
mk
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of mk
For some reason, the email link on my post is not working, so if you would like me to send you the information, copy my email address (michaelkett@earthlink.net)to your computer's email program or PM me with your email address and I'll send you the information. Thanks.
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1829 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
The link doesn't work because you have a period at the end. When typing out an email at the end of a sentence, throw grammar rules out the window and don't worry about ending your sentence with proper punctuation.

Correct email is:
Michaelkett@earthink.net

Hope that helps
Kevin
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
ralphdean
View Profile
Veteran user
Northern Ca
302 Posts

Profile of ralphdean
I got it, it is good, buy it.

Ok, I will do better, Here is what I posted in the review section...

I ordered Michael's kit and received it yesterday. I have three others so, why would I buy another? Lots of reasons but they all stem from marketing, and having something more or different than the next guy.

If you want an instant author kit, this is a good one for older kids. It fits well with the other kits I own because it is more sophisticated than the others I have. It fits well with the 10 and older crowd. I can easily see doing something out of the booklet, then point everyone who says "how did you do that" to the booklet.

The cover is in Word format, which makes it very easy to customize, and there is an extra that I did not care about when I read that Michael had added it. It is a party hints paper for the mom. I already have one, as many of you probably do, BUT, there are some things on this tip sheet that I had not seen before. I would have loved some of these ideas when I was a kid, and I still do now. I am glad you added the tips Michael, thanks for the great booklet.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3799 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I currently sell a "learn magic" dvd after my shows but would like to add a magic book as well. I'm not that familiar with instant-author kits so this question might be dumb...what exactly is an instant author kit?

eric
ralphdean
View Profile
Veteran user
Northern Ca
302 Posts

Profile of ralphdean
An Instant Author kit is a booklet, written by someone else, that you can put your name on. It can be given away instead of goodie bags, or sold. They usually have tricks, sometimes jokes and puzzles.

You buy the kit and you have the right to sell it to your clients. Usually you edit the cover with your name, phone number, and a bio, then print and staple it together.

There are a number available. Michael's is great for older kids.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3799 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Thanks Ralph.
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
I have often thought about getting one of these instant author kits.Has any one ever had a kid come up and say "hey I got this same book last week from Magic Bob he said he wrote it"!

Rich
James Munton
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, TX
1199 Posts

Profile of James Munton
Rich,

Despite these books being a guaranteed source of income and that they will pay for themselves after two or three shows, the amazing thing is that most magicians won't make the small upfront investment. So the chances are very high that you will be the only guy in your area selling them.

Secondly, many magicians buy these and then never get round to offering them to their customers! That's why my system comes with a phone script that makes these things sell themselves.

Thirdly, in the unlikely event your main competitor does offer a similar book to his/her clients, there are now several different books out there to choose from. Simply find out which system they have and then buy one of the others!

A while ago I was talking with Julian Franklin who now has my system. He has all the different instant books which allows him to offer a different book each time he goes back to the same cliient!

Like I said, the things pay for themselves so you really can't go wrong. I just don't understand why EVERYONE doesn't have them!

Best,
James

P.S. This is not a pitch for my system - ANY of the systems out there will create a very good stream of income for you. In some venues you can sell so many you will get more than your performance fee in sales! That's nice!
MrHyde
View Profile
Special user
810 Posts

Profile of MrHyde
Rich.. as James points out, talk to the people who work your market.

(As soon as you start seeing them as colleagues rather than opposition your whole mindset changes. "a rising tide lifts all ships".)

The only way you are going to lose money is if you buy one
and don't follow through and try it out.

I regret not selling "stuff" in many of the years I did family shows
before I finally created my own pitch books. Do it!

Timothy

p.s. if you do have merchandise of any sort, we have a FREE ebook available via the website below.. that explains different techniques to multiply your sales.
ralphdean
View Profile
Veteran user
Northern Ca
302 Posts

Profile of ralphdean
James Munton is being modest. His instant author kit is very good. It is one of the other kits I own and use.

Posted: Apr 20, 2007 5:11pm
I'm sorry James, I forgot to mention your "How to teach a magic class" dvd. I enjoyed it very much.
James Munton
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, TX
1199 Posts

Profile of James Munton
Ralph,

Thank you for the nice comments - really appreciate it.

Something I didn't put in my system, because I only recently started doing it, is that I originally offered the joke book at adult shows. Now, I offer both books at all my shows.

I've sold a ton of kids magic books at adult events - I pitch them as something to take home and give their kids. Similarly, I sell a large number of joke books at kids and family events.

I've seen my sales increase by about 60 percent. I'm kicking myself for not doing this earlier.

Best,
James
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
Actually, the email link is still wrong. It should be earthlink, not earthink! Oh, L!

Michaelkett@earthlink.net

There, that should do it!
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Special Offer - Instant Author Kit (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL