The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Time Machine! (A Great Idea for a seemingly Impossible Illusion) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ibm_usa
View Profile
Special user
In Your Mind, Ky, USA
722 Posts

Profile of ibm_usa
I have always wanted to perform an illusion based on time travel! The Idea of routine goes as follows; The Magician walks on stage dressed in a lab coat and safety googles. He introduces the next illusion as a scientist would introduce a ground breaking discovery. The assistants carry a large machine up on stage, opens the door to reveal nothing. The Magician walks into the machine, doors close. A few minutes later the Magician runs out of the box carrying a infant tyrannosaur in his arms.

Ways to accomplish such and illusion

We all know time travel is impossible, but with the help of animatronics and a mirror box, it can be acted out through illusion. This IS ONLY and idea and unless the perform or inventor has money can this ever be accomplished.
The most expensive prop in this routine is infact the dinosaur, brought to life with the help of a very well recognized dinosaur, the infant tyrannosaur from Jurassic Park The Lost World.. According to the Making Of The Lost World, The infant tyrannosaur is one of the most advance animatronic animal ever to walk on the big screen.

If anyone has a more simple way of accomplishing this interesting idea, let me know.
Remember that this is only an idea but remains plausible.

Materials
Mirror Box
Infant Tyrannosaur (Or any realistic dinosaur)
"You may think that i only talk of things from the past, you know, history, well magic is history"

-Guy Jarrett

"Curiosity isn't a sin Harry, but it should be exorcised with great caution."

-Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire)
http://www.jordanallen-mentalist.webs.com/
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator

One of the Surnateum time machine.
The story is in Hauntiques.
I have used another time machine on stage for that kind of illusion, but Time Trap 's illusion is that time travel may change History.
If you're familiar with the Surnateum, you may also find the Time Trap story on the site.
John Bundy
View Profile
Regular user
USA
193 Posts

Profile of John Bundy
I have used a Time Machine format from time to time.
you can see a photo at: http://illusionbiz.com/john_bundy_and_morgan_009.htm
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
John, you look like a real snake oil salesman in the photo.

BTW, Still no sighiting of TB.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Ms. Morgan
View Profile
Veteran user
The Garden State
399 Posts

Profile of Ms. Morgan
"snake oil salesman".....LOL Smile
World Magic Award's "Escape Artist of the Year"
www.EscapeChick.com
www.illusionbiz.com
www.WackyDracky.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » Time Machine! (A Great Idea for a seemingly Impossible Illusion) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL