The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » The Handcuff Annual (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tod Todson
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1296 Posts

Profile of Tod Todson
What is this?

When is it coming out?

What will it cost?

Is there a link to it?
Mystifier, Youth Speaker
<BR><BR>
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2485 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Check it out....

http://www.handcuffs.org

near the bottom of the page, you will see the link to the forum. You will find what you want there.

Cliff
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Mick Hanzlik
View Profile
Special user
Mick Hanzlik
588 Posts

Profile of Mick Hanzlik
The Handcuff Annual will be out in the next week or so. If you haven't seen it before, you will love it! It is full of stories, articles and pictures taken from contributors from all over the world and edited by handcuff expert Joseph Lauher.

http://www.handcuffs.org will be giving details, and it can be pre-ordered by going to http://www.cannonsgreatescapes.com

mick
Tod Todson
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1296 Posts

Profile of Tod Todson
Thank you, all.

Also know now where EA's out.

-K
Mystifier, Youth Speaker
<BR><BR>
lauher
View Profile
New user
Long Island, New York
51 Posts

Profile of lauher
The Handcuff Annual 2007 is now available. The books arrived from the printer yesterday. Author copies were mailed out today. The Cannon's should have their copies for general distribution very soon.

There are all sorts of interesting articles for escape artists in this year's issue. Mick Hanzlik has some original research on the Mirror handcuffs for you Houdini buffs including some never before seen postcards from Houdini to Thomas Froggatt. Ian McColl continues the Houdini theme with a summary of cuffs used in various famous photos of Houdini. John Bushey has a nice article on pitch books from Houdini and his competitors. Bruce Thomson has a article on Earl Lockman, Mark Cannon an article on Harry Cook (America's first Escape Artist) and Chris Gower an article on Val Walker, "Wizard of the Navy."

The a more contemporary look there is a nice interview with Italian escape artist Andrew Basso and a report on Cindini.

The handcuff collectors will find features on Mattatuck handcuffs, Australian Saf Lok cuffs, McKensie mitts, cuffs from China, cuffs from the GDR and Guiteau handcuffs.

Plus a bunch of other neat stuff.

The table of contents can be seen at: http://www.handcuffs.org/images/tc2.pdf

I would really like to thank all the contributors. 18 different authors from around the world. The book is truly world wide effort. Thanks everyone.

Joe
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Oh Hell. I forgot all about giving you info from SA Joe. My Biggest appologies. I will get all the info I can for you for the next one, PLEASE just remind me.

Regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
cuffs
View Profile
New user
San Diego, Ca
94 Posts

Profile of cuffs
I received my book the other day and am very impressed with the knowledge and research each author put into print.
I recommend this book to anyone who has an interest in escapes or handcuffs.
Thanks again to all the contributors and especially to Joe for your time and dedication in providing such a unique journal.
Mark Lyons O--O

Collector of Handcuffs from around the World

Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.

Leslie Nielsen Lt. Frank Drebin, "Police Squad"
Ms. Morgan
View Profile
Veteran user
The Garden State
399 Posts

Profile of Ms. Morgan
Don't worry Wolflock, your in my bad company ....I had spoken to Joe about sending stuff and I just let it slip away as well. Air heads of the world unite!
....sorry, I stink..............and I feel like an idiot.

Ms.M
World Magic Award's "Escape Artist of the Year"
www.EscapeChick.com
www.illusionbiz.com
www.WackyDracky.com
lauher
View Profile
New user
Long Island, New York
51 Posts

Profile of lauher
The good news is that there is always a next year. Once the dust settles a bit from this year's book, I will be asking for proposals and contributions for next year.

Joe
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » The Handcuff Annual (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL