The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Ammar - Matchstick thru Matchstick (or Pen) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Indyfan
View Profile
Regular user
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
173 Posts

Profile of Indyfan
As was pointed out by a fellow 'canuck', Discovery is showing a bunch of magic shows each morning here in Canada. I finally got to see one, and they showed a younger Michael Ammar doing a matchstick thru matchstick (which later he does thru a pen, as well).

It looks an awful lot like Crazy Man's Handcuffs (the presenation, anyways), but he doesn't do, sorry, it doesn't LOOK like he's doing any sort of move.

Any pointers on where to find the workings of that? Thanks.
Amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
I'm going to assume that he held the matchsticks between his thumb and forefinger, one in each hand.
If that's the case, the penetrating match trick can be found in most beginners' magic books.
It's a very basic trick but proof once again that you don't need a trunkful of props if you know how to sell a routine!
Indyfan
View Profile
Regular user
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
173 Posts

Profile of Indyfan
I knew someone was going to say that!! Yes, that's how he did it, b/w the thumb & forefinger. I'll have to look into it then. Thanks, Peter.

BTW, I've found an existing thread on this, and found a source that I have that explains it. No need to post any further, unless you have some helpful tips. Thanks!
Amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Ammar - Matchstick thru Matchstick (or Pen) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL