The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Cell phone magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicman899
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of magicman899
Does anyone have any reviews on the cell phone magic listed at magicshop.co.uk ?/
D J Hawkins
View Profile
Veteran user
Reading, UK
326 Posts

Profile of D J Hawkins
The text trick is incredible and the best one - since it happens with a spectators phone. The other effects look OK but I think lose impact because the effect occurs on your phone. The items are also available from the original supplier on EBay.....I think they have a few other items not listed on the magicshop site.
David Hawkins

djhawkins2014@gmail.com
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1217 Posts

Profile of magicbern
I have purchased three of the cell phone tricks sold by magichsop and when they arrive, I'll give a review. I don't think impact is lost if you use your own mobile phone as not all phones you encounter with spectators have the functions required to make them work. It's similar to the argument whether card tricks using a borrowed deck are necessarily better than using your own deck (which is usally better in terms of condition etc). I think mobile phones are common enough not to raise suspicion.

The three effects I ordered are: George the Great; Print a Card and Pciture this. You can check out the descriptions on http://www.magicshop.co.uk. Click onto the mobile phone link on the right-hand side menu.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
I am not too keen an the videos ones. They are just that... videos. But the text one and the taking the picture one sound great.
Yours,

Ivan
magicman899
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of magicman899
Thanks for the responses.
BrainMagos
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of BrainMagos
Did you receive them yet magicbern? We would appreciate a review.

Thanks!

BM
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1961 Posts

Profile of David Numen
If anyone is interested in mentalism with a cell phone I have an ebook which has been very well-received - the link is in my signature.
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
True. Buy David's effect. I still have to perform it, but it's a clever use of an old principle. It's a carry on you effect if you carry a mobile phone. The phone needs to be one of the newest. Great effect.
Yours,

Ivan
D J Hawkins
View Profile
Veteran user
Reading, UK
326 Posts

Profile of D J Hawkins
Just to add - I think the strong points about the text trick are that, since you use the spectators phone, they know that the phone can't be gimmicked. But the really strong part is that the message they recieve stays on their phone so they can show friends, colleagues for days (maybe weeks or years) afterwards. The magic moment has been "frozen" for them and they can take it away with them. I was performing it at a wedding a few days ago and every time got stunned reactions. It really is one of the strongest things I do.
David Hawkins

djhawkins2014@gmail.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Cell phone magic (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL