The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Preparing for my first escape! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Aidan
View Profile
New user
Niceville, FL
27 Posts

Profile of Aidan
My lock arrived!!! A G/C #5 Master. The Cannon's do ship fast and I'm happy!!! It works fast and as long as I don't get nervous and "slip" I'll be fine!

Mind you now, I'm a rank amateur and I'm working on my first demo for a group of mostly friends at an outdoor gathering next month. No one to impress just provide a bit of entertainment for folks. I've piqued their curiosity a bit and everyone is anxious to know what this "old man" is up to. This is a simple, single handcuff and chain wrap with lock, escape. No Box! No Bag! No Water! I'm not a kid anymore and this IS my first!!! Cuffs and chain will be locked at my chest with my shoulders draped with a beach towel or whatever so all can see I'm not reaching in my pants or pulling anything from my ear!?! Will I do this again? WHO KNOWS! Needless to say I have a few questions for some of the pro's out there.

#1 I've asked if anyone could bring a pair of regulation cuffs for this demo but the best offered was a pair of "purple fuzzys". . . I'm considering the investment in a pair of Peerless 700's over the S&W 100's. If I never use them again, they at least can be used by local law enforcement. Any opinions or preferences? Tips? Or other suggestions.

#2 I have 2 options to introduce the lock & chain (1/4" shortlink)... leave it hanging by the "gate" and introduced as an "extra" (i.e.. "... and get that lock and chain over there too!"?
or... leave it all together to be looked over and inspected prior to the performance, introducing the lock and everything else as "in-the-box new"? Suggestions?

#3 I'm counting on this new lock ALOT! And I'm thinking that I might take advantage of an "assistant" to assure success rather than counting on "a bit of grease"? I do have someone available "in the crowd" if needed. The other idea is to use this lock to join two chains for adequate length, and include a regular second lock for the ends. Opinions? Experience? Tips? Don't forget, I'm new at this.

I've decided 1/4" chain will be adequate, the 5/8" is just downright HEAVY! But I am curious as to what you guys favor?

AND of course... Suspense!!! I have a couple ideas to build a bit of comical suspense, but before I present these. I'd like to inquire a bit of the presentation used by all you pros. On the open stage.... how would YOU build a bit of tension and suspense in the presentation of such a simple sort of escape. Remember... no tanks, no boxes, no bags, no horses, no bullets etc.

Now maybe I'm askin' a bit much for what may be only a one time thing here, but I'd like to contribute to the afternoon entertainment for folks and I can't sing! Who knows... next year maybe I'll add something more and change the routine a bit... or start hittin' the karaoke bars!!!

-Aidan-
Integrity is all that is truly yours, everything else, can be taken from you in an instant!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Preparing for my first escape! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL