The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Ed Alonzo Blooper (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicmarkdaniel
View Profile
Special user
Bolton, England UK
831 Posts

Profile of magicmarkdaniel
Don't know if you've clicked on Ed Alonzo's banner but this is pretty funny.

http://thelecturenetwork.com/blooper.html

I had a very similar thing happen to me in a showground performance. It didn't tip quickly as above, but very very slowly and the woman slid slowly down the baord until she ground to a halt sat on the floor. I thought at the time we covered it quite well as the audience seemed to think it was part of the show.

Do you have any similar experiences?

Mark
Mark Daniel
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
That was hilarious!
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I don't have the clip, but I remember one on America's Funniest Home Videos where the magician was sawing the lady in half and cut through the supports as well as the box!
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
I didn't think that was funny - I thought it was kinda scary, and amounted to exposure of sorts.
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
I guess that's why you remove the chair at the feet.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1868 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
I didn't find it funny either. This is a perfect example about the need to know your equipment and know it well. That woman could have been more seriously injured. Just a quick look (from somebody who works with this illusion alot) indicates that she is not a good candidate.

I think a blooper is a mistake that affects the magician only...not a spectator.
Coram Deo
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2742 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
She definately wasn't a good candidate. I didn't think it was really funny either. It was more shocking that he would let go when it was dipping that far.
Majestic12
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
643 Posts

Profile of Majestic12
Quote:
On 2007-04-14 11:30, rowdymagi5 wrote:
That was hilarious!

LOL I agree.... whooops!
Illusion77
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of Illusion77
Was that for real or did Alonzo stage that like that?

I can't imagine anyone putting a full sized adult on the $400 version of that illusion, with their neck at the chair, and expecting them to remain suspended...

Alonzo has been doing illusions for years - he must have known better.
magicmarkdaniel
View Profile
Special user
Bolton, England UK
831 Posts

Profile of magicmarkdaniel
Mine is not the MAK version that can hold the weight of a small rabbit. Mine was built by a builder in the UK. No, its certainly not funny when it happens to you. But on the one instance that it happened to me, in that split second when you see that the volunteer is ok, and the audience respond with the sort of reaction that says 'he meant to do that and it looked *** funny', you can either stand there and make a big deal of the fact that the whole illusion was ruined and you're now going to go and sulk, or turn it into a comedy moment. Obviously I went with the latter, but I've been EXTRA careful ever since! In every trade things go wrong - it happens, its how you cover it that makes the difference.

Mark
Mark Daniel
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
I think that was staged......surely Ed Alonzo knows better than to let that happen. Then again.
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Ed Alonzo Blooper (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL