The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Book: Inside the Live Reptile Tent (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Don't know if 'Inside the Live Reptile Tent' is a good book or not, but I noticed that Hamilton Books has it on sale for $4.95, originally $29.95, in trade paperback. Written by B. Caron, photos by J. Brouws.

" Journey to the heart of American recreation, capturing the half-experienced, half-remembered landscape of the carnival midway. Fully illustrated, most in color. 143 pages. Size 9 x 10¼ inches. Published by Chronicle."

http://tinyurl.com/2cm5vc
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Sounds good to me!!! Thanks for the tip. Boy do I have a story to tell someday!
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
I have this book, and I love it. Great photos of beat-up, empty midway attractions in odd moments. The text is sublime. Just buy it!

Yours,

Paul
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Be careful though! On that site when you add to your shopping cart there are a slew of other books also added! You need to DELETE each one of them. I'll try and get it someplace else.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi Doug

I think you might have been clicking in the wrong places, I have ordered from there before (had to get the book forwarded, no international shipping.. grrr), and just tested the ordering process again with that book. It was all that was in my cart at the end. It looks good too, I might just order it.

Happy birthday by the way Smile

David
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
I ordered one used from amazon last night for $4.95.

There was still at least one more used one at that price.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Book: Inside the Live Reptile Tent (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL