The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Jay Sankey's "Wrap It Up" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
http://www.mjmmagic.com has Jay's latest newest effect available for pre-order. Let me re-phrase that. It's actually a very old effect from a set of his lecture notes from the mid 1980's. The effect was called "Sugarless Gum" (those of you who have Jay's book "20 Years Of Magic" will know the effect). It's a very cool self-wrapping gum trick. One of those tricks that you read about and go, "Huh. I bet that would look really cool". But, of course, you never make it up and try it out.

Well, check out the demo. It looks awesome. After seeing the effect performed, I'm definitely going to be picking this up. It also looks like he has a lot of new handlings on the dvd as well. I think it said it would be available April 20th.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Very visual.
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4540 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
It is, I'm just wondering...can it be done with some normal gum. I don't really see that type of gum anywhere.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

I don't know but I would imagine so. It looks like regular bubble gum that you would find in most convenience stores.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4540 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I have always done the chewed gum turning into a full normal wrapped gum, I'm interested in the quick visual change Smile
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Ms. Halloween, check out the demo. It looks to me that there are some changes to the effect. In fact, a whole slew of different handlings are being offered on the dvd.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

True. But I'm always interested in the way creators explore their own effects. You never know when an alternative handling can inspire another alternative handling...
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Jim Pace released this effect some years ago calling it All Stuck Up. Sankey went nuts e-mailing magi all around the world that Jim stole it. I think Jim reminded him that Jim owned the rigths to it. Unfortuantely Jay didn't e-mail everyone back saying so. He just said he and Jim worked it out.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Castle2369
View Profile
Loyal user
Boston, MA
207 Posts

Profile of Castle2369
This looks absolutely fantastic, very visual.

-Erick Smile
Creator of the Gallerian Bend
Magicmike40
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Magicmike40
Can you hand the gum out after the effect? Smile
Magic Mike
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
Unless there's a difference from the one that he already has on the market (I guess this one just includes a DVD with new handlings), then yes, it can be handed out. The gum in the wrapper at the end ought to be completely normal.
big dan
View Profile
Regular user
UK/Canada/New Zealand
178 Posts

Profile of big dan
Yes it can be handed out! One of the variations has the gum re-wrapping itself in mid air and caught by the spectator!

I think it looks good! But then I don't know how practical it is! Nice idea though, good to get away from coins/cards and do something a little different and seemingly (to the audience) completely impormptu!

Gareth has just posted a review of this on the GMG Forums, check it out!

Click here

all the best
Some people work to ski....i ski to work!
Chris Oberle
View Profile
Elite user
California
444 Posts

Profile of Chris Oberle
Quote:
On 2007-04-14 23:49, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
Jim Pace released this effect some years ago calling it All Stuck Up. Sankey went nuts e-mailing magi all around the world that Jim stole it. I think Jim reminded him that Jim owned the rigths to it. Unfortuantely Jay didn't e-mail everyone back saying so. He just said he and Jim worked it out.

So Jay is the originator, but Jim is the copyright owner?
roham92
View Profile
Regular user
173 Posts

Profile of roham92
Quote:
On 2007-04-23 20:15, hiphopperco wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-04-14 23:49, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:

So Jay is the originator, but Jim is the copyright owner?

yep
roham92
View Profile
Regular user
173 Posts

Profile of roham92
Quote:
On 2007-04-20 12:58, Magicmike40 wrote:
Can you hand the gum out after the effect? Smile
Magic Mike

Yes you can hand the gum out after the effect. Its a completley normal and ungimmicked piece of gum. You or the audience can even eat it if you would like to.
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1473 Posts

Profile of jstone
Hey guys,

I noticed this thread about wrap it up, so I thought I'd let you know that I posted a review on another thread. It's a pretty detailed review and should answer pretty much any question you have. Here's the link:
Wrap it Up Review
rorythegreat
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of rorythegreat
Yes, thanks Jstone for the review. I went out and bought it today based on your review and I have to say I love the effect. Jay has some pretty clever ideas. Highly recommended!
garethwitty
View Profile
New user
Windsor, England
86 Posts

Profile of garethwitty
Also an id-depth review is here

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......1&15

Enjoy and I do have an audio review at

http://wwwgarethwittycouk.btpodshow.com/
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1473 Posts

Profile of jstone
Hey there wrappers.

I've been reading in quite a few places about Wrap it Up, and it seems that a common concern is that nobody knows where to find the gum. Well good news... I found a couple of websites where you can order the gum. Actually one of the websites was right on the comic strip inside the gum that comes with the Wrap it Up DVD. Anyway, here are the sites:

Original Bazooka
Dubble Bubble
Dubble Bubble Website
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
I prefer the original Bazooka.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Jay Sankey's "Wrap It Up" (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL