The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Knife thorwing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

johnny neutrino
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of johnny neutrino
Hey everyone,
My name is Johnny, I was just wondering if anyone here had any suggestions on what knives are good and inexpensive for someone to start out throwing with?

If anyone else can vouch for any other source material (books or dvds) that they know would be good that would also be greatly appreciated.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
ScottL
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of ScottL
You might also check out the American Knife Throwers Alliance;

http://www.akta-usa.com/

They've been around a looooong time.

Scott
johnny neutrino
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Hey thanks for the link, I've seen a lot of the Throwdini footage at sideshow world and they are awesome. I plan on ordering his dvd and treatise but the throwers seem like they are of exceptional quality I think I'd like to start with something a little cheaper and then work my way up.

Most of the throwing knives I've seen on ebay are " ninja " throwing knives and they just seem kind of lame.

On 2007-04-12 18:15, ScottL wrote:
Quote:
You might also check out the American Knife Throwers Alliance;

http://www.akta-usa.com/

They've been around a looooong time.

Scott

thanks
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Throwdini will be one of the teachers at Coney Island Sideshow, this weekend. It's an advanced skills training session, so if you're in the NY area, check it out.

The above-mentioned Todd, who happens to be Chairman of the Board, and (if I remember the title correctly) CEO of Coney Sideshow, will be doing terrible things to some of us, if we don't teach you well.

I've heard rumors.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
I think Todd's new title is Grand Water Buffalo of Coney Island (I've seen the hat)

And John, also check on dube.com under knives and then "throwing knives", their's about $25 a piece and it's up to you how many you order of course (the more you order, the less walking back and forth you would be doing). They also carry the Knife, Hawk and Axe Throwing with The Great Throwdini DVD and
KNIFE & TOMAHAWK THROWING
by Harry K. McEvoy
FacadeTheStiltBoy
View Profile
Elite user
Greensboro NC
474 Posts

Profile of FacadeTheStiltBoy
I'm not sure about the dube ones though.

If you are looking for non flashy and tough as nails ones, check out the knives from Cold Steel, I have had mine for years and definatly abused the heck out of them.

Also don't buy any throwers more or less under 10 inches in lenght, they are easier to control in flight as compared to the shorter ones.
johnny neutrino
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Hey guys, thanks for all the info.

I'd really like to get out to the coney island sideshow school at some point but I unfortunately don't think it's in my budget for the time being.

I've got to admit I've been lurking on this board for a while now but I was hesitant to sign up because I've had some unpleasant experiences on other message boards, but you guys have been a great help and I'm glad I did.
FacadeTheStiltBoy
View Profile
Elite user
Greensboro NC
474 Posts

Profile of FacadeTheStiltBoy
Don't worry.

Also, once you get knife throwing, and even if it doesn't work for you, try hatchets and axes, you might like those instead. (I throw full sized logging axes)

Or if the weather is bad enough, get yourself some of the thick styrofoam insulation board and start throwing nails, pencils, pens, screwdrivers and sissors. Kind of fun actually making use of those old worn out bic pens.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Knife thorwing (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL