The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Houdini on BBC TV (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3404 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Hi all,

Just spotted this on local BBC TV here in the North West.

The story talks about one of his challenge escapes that went a little less than to plan during one of his shows in Blackburn, UK.

You can see the footage by going here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/newsid_......mp;mp=wm

To get it to work I had to click on "Launch in stand alone player", because it wouldn't play in the player that this link brings up.

Enjoy!

Ros
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4416 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Sounds a bit like another houdini storyu I heard but not with chains. Could they be the same story re-told? I recall him curring off a jacket wihte a pen knife at some time.

I guess it could have hapend twice? May be he just liked to have a 2 hour show where he sat and read the paper in his box whilst the audience waited for him?
Mick Hanzlik
View Profile
Special user
Mick Hanzlik
588 Posts

Profile of Mick Hanzlik
Dave...The cutting off the jacket was the Mirror Handcuff Challenge of 1904.
The Hodgson Challenge was definitely a different escape.

Ros...Thanks for sharing that piece with us. Brian Lead is very knowledgeable about Houdini's exploits in the North of England, and he quite rightly says the Hodgson Challenge was a bad one
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4416 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Thanks for clearing that up - that rings a bell - quite a large one!

Do you know if this happened at any other escape at all? Am I right in thinking that the crowd were quite pleased with the Mirror HC escape? I wonder why things were so different at the Hodgson one? Any input would be great.
Mick Hanzlik
View Profile
Special user
Mick Hanzlik
588 Posts

Profile of Mick Hanzlik
If you make it to Northampton for the UKEA meeting tomorrow, I'll tell you then! If not I'll tell you after the weekend.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Houdini on BBC TV (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL