The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Two as Three... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Elijahhenry
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Elijahhenry
Want to show two coins as three but don't want to use the Himber click pass. Any other suggestions?
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4853 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Yea you can do a trap pass count, a pop up count, or there are 1 or 2 other click pass counts!

Best David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
BenSchwartz
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
499 Posts

Profile of BenSchwartz
There is also a 2 for 3 count on the Troy Hooser book. I forget what it is called. Why not the himber clink pass?
"The experience of astonishment is the experience of a clear, primal state of mind that they associate with a child's state of mind." ---- Paul Harris
Tony
View Profile
Veteran user
Los Angeles
303 Posts

Profile of Tony
Ben,

Jay Sankey calls it the "Two-for-Three" count. I believe Troy also credits Jay for this move.

Smile
Leigh
View Profile
New user
Ex-Blighty, now Canada
78 Posts

Profile of Leigh
The Hooser count is called "Count-er Point" in his book "DesTROYers" and is easier to do that it reads in the book. I just wish it had been included in his DVD as I'd like to see it performed.
joef90
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of joef90
In Doug Brewer's unexpected visitor DVD you can see a great 2 for 3 count.I think he credits it to Sankey?
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27136 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
One of the FEW properly motivated uses of the retention pass.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
IanKendall
View Profile
Special user
Edinburgh
566 Posts

Profile of IanKendall
There is a handling for the Sankey click pass on Basic Coin Magic. If you follow the link below you can see it in the trailer. (I'm not supposed to post links here...)

Take care, Ian
Justin Hart
View Profile
Loyal user
Warsaw, VA
221 Posts

Profile of Justin Hart
It's not a click pass....it's called the Himber/Sankey Count. It's really a false count and not a pass at all.
IanKendall
View Profile
Special user
Edinburgh
566 Posts

Profile of IanKendall
I know, but the first part of the move is the Rosenthal/Himber click pass, so the name does fit (in a way...)

Take care, Ian

You might like to read this for a clarification of my point:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=111
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Before the use of the Himber click pass as a false count was all the rage, folks relied on the Han Ping Chien move (see, i.e. Paul Harris' "Freeflight") or variations on the Tenkai pennies move (See Roger Klause's "New Wave Coins Across") or Geoff Latta's "Ultimate HPC" (See "Coinmagic") or the Gallo Pitch (See Ammar's "Encore III")

A little later, Michael Ammar published a false count for 3 as 4, and much later, Richard Saunders released his "tap" display (I don't know the name of it, or if it really has a name. See "100% Sankey"?)

The Sankey/Saunders duo has also developed a variation on the Tenkai move called "The Pointing Transfer" that would also serve well here.

Of course, there's always the classic method, i.e. keep the coins mostly together and slightly in motion, and simply convince the audience that thee are three coins there through "the power of the gaze". Read: act and believe that there are three coins there, and don't make an issue out of something that isn't true.

Remember, the Force has power over weak minds...
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Mike Wild
View Profile
Inner circle
NY, PA, TX, MA, FL, NC
1290 Posts

Profile of Mike Wild
A lot of thought and effort here going into making a "move" out of something that, in most cases, is not supposed to draw a lot of attention. I'd consider how much focus this count is meant to have.

btw, what is wrong with Himber/Sankey count?

Good points Curtis.

best,

Mike
<><>< SunDragon Magic ><><>

"Question Reality... Create Illusion"
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27136 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Nothing 'wrong' per se. Some of us don't get fancy with our handling or even walk the coins in public. Hence the simplified count thing using a real placement, a retention pass, then a final real placement to get the job done.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Quote:
On 2004-07-14 09:25, joef90 wrote:
In Doug Brewer's unexpected visitor DVD you can see a great 2 for 3 count.I think he credits it to Sankey?

Yes indeed. Easier than the Himber-count too.
Brewers makes extensive use of both counts and that book is great.

Anyone seen the DVD yet?
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Quote:
On 2004-07-14 18:49, Frank Starsini wrote:
Anyone seen the DVD yet?

I wrote up a review of it, I will probably post it at coinvanish tomorrow.
Click to visit:
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4863 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
I agree with Jon about using the retention vanish as a false count and I use that often. However, in one of my routines where coins are tossed from one hand to the other, I use a count which I developed which I use as a 2 as 3 or 3 as 4 count. It involves a tossing motion from the right hand to the left and the audience can see and hear the correct number of coins landing in the left hand.
Justin Hart
View Profile
Loyal user
Warsaw, VA
221 Posts

Profile of Justin Hart
I believe the Michael Ammar false count that Curtis mentioned is also published in Richard's Collected Almanac for those of you that have it or need an excuse to get it. Smile
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1679 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Btw, what is wrong with Himber/Sankey count?

I believe it's Himber Vanish but the click pass part of it belongs to Harvey Rosenthal.

There are a few places this is credited in this way, but at the moment I could only find it in Kenner's "Out of Control" page 26.

And I THINK at one time in a Sankey book he also gave credit to H.R. for the click pass.

I'm sure there are others, but don't know right off hand.
Perhaps another Café memeber could chime in here?

Best
Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Ironically, the credit to H.R. might appear in "100% Sankey". Apparently, the move is at least some % someone else's.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
David Williamson also has it described in his book and names Sankey as "also" coming up with its use as a false count.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Two as Three... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.28 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL