The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Sound System Help Needed » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
I have posted this under FX but I believe more people browse this section.

Here is what I am looking for:

Small Sound System under 25 lbs.
I need an IPOD Hook-Up with its own Volume Control
Wireless Headset built in (Not A Lapel Mike)
Separate Volume Control for Headset
Price Range: Brand New Under $ 425.00 must be from a reputable dealer.

Must have decent sound quality and music quality
Must be able to used in very close proximity to the system itself within 2-feet of speaker with no feed back.

If you can help I greatly appreciate this and Thank You in advance. I need to buy this system if one does exist by the end of this week.

Please send or list any and all direct links with prices.

Thank You,

Rodney
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
Have you try the set from Flordia Magic? Smile
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1490 Posts

Profile of Marvello
You already posted this in the f/x forum.

Talk to Joe Lefler - he will let you know what will come closest to what you are looking for. His username here is jslefler.
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5701 Posts

Profile of Regan
Rodney,

I am not sure you can find a system exactly like you seek for that price range. The feedback issue is a tough one too. I don't know of any system that I could say with amount of certainty would not feedback at two feet. There are too many varibles involved. If you have the volume set high enough and are in the right position most any system will feedback at 2 feet. Having said that, there are ways to minimize feedback probablity. Speaker placement, frequency adjustments, etc.

The only good system I know of in the $400 price range that might come close to what you want is possibly the Carvin Stagemate. However, it does not have a built in wireless system. Personally, I would not have a built in wireless system, but that's just me. Being a musician, I am picky over sound and built in wireless mic systems that I know of are not as good enough in quality. Also, I prefer seperate componates because of repair issues if something goes wrong.

I am not sure about the weight of the Carvin system, but it is a single speaker mixer/combo package. (A second speaker is available as an option) It has a built in CD player I think (you better make sure....it's been a while since I checked these out).

Carvin sells direct and they are located in California, so getting something from them by the end of the week might be difficul too.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
Thank You Regan for yo reply. I will check into this system as well. What do you currently use in your shows?

Rodney
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5701 Posts

Profile of Regan
Rodney,

You are welcome. I currently use a Fender Passport PD-250. I like it, but it would not begin to stay within your guidelines. It weighs around 50 lbs. and the price is about double what you are hoping for.

It does not come with a built-in wireless mic but there is one available. I think it's called the Fender Executive Wireless System. It can be installed into the rear compartment of the mixer part of the Passport, I believe. As I said, I would never buy a built-in wireless mic system so I am glad Fender offers this as an option instead of making it standard equipment.

Mine has 6 channels, (4 XLR's or for mics) and (2 Stereo RCA or TRS Phone Plug). You can plug an Ipod into these with the proper cables/adapters.

Feedback has not been a problem for me, but it will feedback. I have never found a system yet that wouldn't under the right (or wrong) circumstances. At lower volumes feedback should not be a problem with any decent sound system. If you need higher volume levels then most likely you will be in a larger venue so you should be able to place your speakers in a way to eliminate feedback. Just don't walk directly in front of them and it should be fine.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3215 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
This topic already exists at Small Sound System.
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Sound System Help Needed » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL