The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Coming Very Soon! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1513 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Had a quick whizz through at lunchtime today
man, this is a good dvd!
I just got back from a gig tonight and have been using "x marks the spot"
wow, this is such a good twist on the original plot!
I like the orignal idea, but never really performed it for some reason, but this, with matthews patter/presentation is ideal
you can serously get a lot of laughs out of this one, laymen really buy the whole concept, and see the fun side too.......
will watch it again tomorrow in full
thanks matthew, you have shared some great effects here
I like the format too, with the moves section etc.....
its good so it doesn't get in the way of the explanations if you know them, but if you need some pointers, all the info is there to learn, a very nice touch
anyway, a top dvd mate! Smile
not your last I hope...........
mjdowden
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of mjdowden
Hi everyone. Just thought I would pop back to see what people had said. Thank you SO much for your positive reviews. It means the world to me that you like it. Thanks Matt for your kind words and I'm glad you are having fun with x marks the spot. Aaron, you flatter me with your prediction for the future, so thank you very much for that. You're right in that I am from Newcastle. I was born in the North East and now live here, but I went to school all over the place hence the weird accent! In fact, I have found that when talking over loud music I have even been told that I sound American, Irish or Australian. Not sure why! Don't think that was so apparent on the DVD but in some of the bars I have worked people always ask me where I'm from. Anyway, thanks again.
trickychris
View Profile
Loyal user
England
257 Posts

Profile of trickychris
This dvd is great fun - with strong visual stuff. love the anniversary waltz - looking forward to performing this straight away.

well done mjdowden.

one question - did you end up having a drink with those 2 girls!?...
mjdowden
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of mjdowden
I regret to say that after filming all day we were all beat and myself and the Alakazam "crew" had a quick bite to eat and went home...or in my case back to my hotel! They did give me their number though so maybe I'll give them a buzz next time I'm down! Smile Bet you liked michelle popping out of her top...people have been commenting on that! Smile
Anyway, thanks for your kind comments Trickychris, I really appreciate that. Glad you enjoyed it.
trickychris
View Profile
Loyal user
England
257 Posts

Profile of trickychris
Mj - who would you say your performance style takes after both on a magical and non magical front?
mjdowden
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of mjdowden
Hmmmm, well my heroes are David Williamson and Bill Malone, but I could never possibly compare myself to them performance wise as they are both geniuses. I have also been heavily influenced by Greg Wilson. Why do you ask?
trickychris
View Profile
Loyal user
England
257 Posts

Profile of trickychris
When watching your dvd I saw many performers style in you - eddie izzard (non magic), simon lovell and greg wilson to name a few.
mjdowden
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of mjdowden
That's soooo weird...I have had someone say Eddie Izzard before and yet to be honest I am not a fan and haven't seen ANY of his stuff!! I do think he is a great actor though from the little bits I have seen him in such as Ocean's 12! Regarding Simon Lovell that is EVEN WEIRDER as I have literally NEVER seen any of his stuff...perhaps I should! Not only that but someone has told me that he had a tape out ages ago called "THE Party Animal!" The Greg Wilson thing I have to admit I have been influenced by. I have spent a lot of time with Greg (he was the one that got me my gig at the magic castle) and it was watching "On The Spot" and "Card Stunts" that inspired me to keep the magic fun and flirty...although I have to say I am a very flirty guy anyway...and dare I say, fun too!! Smile Out of interest, if that was naming a few, who were the others? I am actually very interested to hear who it is! Buf if you say Julian Clary or Graham Norton I won't be too chuffed! Smile
mjdowden
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of mjdowden
Oh, and if you are struggling to think of more people then feel free to say Dean Martin or James Bond...just a few suggestions...you know...only if you're struggling!! Smile
trickychris
View Profile
Loyal user
England
257 Posts

Profile of trickychris
I recommend you get hold of eddie izzards stuff - in particular GLORIOUS - which is without doubt the finest stand up video ever (in my eyes).

loved the x marks the spot presentation - very funny. will be using that at my next close gig.
mjdowden
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of mjdowden
I thought of another non magical influence if you're still interested. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Morcambe and Wise!! In fact, I think (not that I'm comparing me to them) that there is a hint of that coming through in X marks the spot! Just thought you might like to know!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Coming Very Soon! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL