The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » 20th century silks missing a silk? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WhiteAngel
View Profile
Loyal user
West Virginia, USA
269 Posts

Profile of WhiteAngel
I recently bought this, and upon opening it, I think a normal silk is missing. Do you have to buy an extra silk? (the one I don't have is the one I'm supposed to vanish). Or should it have came with this one as well?
Also, I should add that The instructions are written poorly and are hard to comprehend. I get the general idea, but any help would be appreciated.
True illusionists strive to decieve the eye AND the mind.....
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
A matching, ungimmicked silk came with my set.
Mister Mystery
WhiteAngel
View Profile
Loyal user
West Virginia, USA
269 Posts

Profile of WhiteAngel
I got mine with two green ones and an orange one to appear in between. the orange and one green are gimmicked, and then one ungimmicked green. so am I supposed to somehow vanish the gimmicked orange or should I have gotten another orange ungimmicked?
Trekdad
View Profile
Elite user
Telford, PA
445 Posts

Profile of Trekdad
2+2=4

The silk which appears between the 2 "knotted" silks must first be vanished.
Barnhardt: You have tested this theory?
Klaatu: I find it works well enough to get me from one planet to the next.
The Day the Earth Stood Still
Robert Kohler
View Profile
Special user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
520 Posts

Profile of Robert Kohler
In other words, the vanished silk must be an exact match of the silk tied between the gimmicked and regular silks....
We judge ourselves by our intentions - others judge us by our actions.....
<BR>
<BR>B. Wilson
Trekdad
View Profile
Elite user
Telford, PA
445 Posts

Profile of Trekdad
Exactly . . .

I tried this originally with the underwear version, and it only came with 1 BVD --I had to make sure I was wearing an extra.

For those who haven't seen it, Leslie Melville's "Magictales" has illustrations for an ungimmicked version of this effect. In "Ahmed’S Terrible Temptation", he has created an engaging story to actually explain why the silks are tied together -- it's a tale of a young prince’s love for a 15 year-old girl.
Barnhardt: You have tested this theory?
Klaatu: I find it works well enough to get me from one planet to the next.
The Day the Earth Stood Still
Jimmagic
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Jimmagic
It should come in a full set. You should recieve 2 green and 2 orange silks. It would be difficult for you to find a matching orange silk, as it might come in different quality. I would suggest you to check with the dealer that you have purchased from or get another 2 silks to replace.

The 20th century underwear or bra only supply the two gimmicked silks and underwear or bra. You don't need to vanish them in order to reappear them and it's only meant to be a joke.
WhiteAngel
View Profile
Loyal user
West Virginia, USA
269 Posts

Profile of WhiteAngel
Thank you. It only came with two green and one orange. I'll talk to him tomorrow and see what I can do. Thanks!
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
I think you got "short silked".

Jim
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
WhiteAngel,

If you are coming to the Twin City Convention in Bristol in June, bring it with you. I think we can match it up even if it isn't a DoveLite.

Also vanishing an 18" is another problem. We will solve that one too.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » 20th century silks missing a silk? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL