The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » 4.20.07 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1239 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Another must have from Sean Fileds.....I'll be dropping the cash on Friday!
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
888 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
I do want to take the time here and now to address a few things BEFORE I release these notes.

However anticipated these notes have been, they are still NOTES. They are well written, and as you can surmise from the effect descriptions, a lot of fun to read. They are very nicely laid out, but there are no photos.This is not an oversight, rather an omission. These notes started as an underground treatise that was only available to select people, and I have tried to maintain that 'underground' feel.

As far as price goes; the second the website is updated, I will post prices for both the PDF and the limited edition hard copies. I assure you, given the material, you will NOT be dissapointed. In fact, some of those that already obtained the notes have asked me not to release them, especially at the price I am shooting for. Oh well, sucks to be them! ;-)

Seriously though, as soon as the site is updated, I will be taking pre-orders for Friday.

Keep it locked here for the latest information.

Fields
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Cool, can't wait!
bsmith
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of bsmith
Ok.. someone should have told Sean that he could make more money and people would be just as happy if he sold each effect individually!

As one of the lucky few with an avanced copy, I have to say the effects in these notes are incredible! Taste-icular alone is worthy of being its own commercial effect that I would be more than happy to purchase at $50 easy. The impact it has is worth far more. Tast-icular will be in my stage show!

I havent told Sean this yet, but with some thought 20 B-low can be adapted to work on a car window, house window, glass door, etc. which I find more common than a glass table... Im even getting some ideas about doing this through a glass cup! (Sean, I'm calling you after I post this)

Excised made its way immediatly into my bizarre act and is the perfect complement to Saw, which was the last effect to make it into my bizarre act. I feel like I owe Sean a couple G's for giving me about 15 min of solid material for my act. Imagine a painless way of doing thread through body, with the emotional attachment of the spectators personal necklace! This kills!

When I read aquatic, I thought it wont look as good as it reads.. then I tried it! Wow! Read this effect carefully and do it in front of a mirror. The illusion is perfect and it is easy to perform.

To be honest, I havent tried FU2 yet, I've been pre-occupied with the other effects. There is a wealth of material and it is not hard to go off on your own brainstorm with the ideas in this book. When I play with FU2 I'm sure I will chime back in with a review... I have no doubt that it will deliver as promised.

Ok, 1337P33K... I don't know why Sean didn't point this out but I will do that right now. It is a FULL BUSINESS CARD PEEK! You don't peak a quater of it or an oddly folded portion of it, you can peek the entire card! This peek can now not only be used for a name, word or number.. it can also be used for a drawing duplication!

Ultimate Epic does away with the anti-climax of Mental Epic. While Mental Epic is a great effect, anyone who performs it will know that this anti-climax and the odd looking board will dull the impact. Sean's solution gives this effect an impromptu feel by using common items and a kicker ending that an Epic effect deserves!

I'm trying to find something negative to say about these notes and I cant!... maybe some pics in certain areas, but that's about it. The beauty about 1337 is that you most likely have everything you need already to perform these effects. If you are a Magician, Mentalist, Bizarrist or all of the above, I promise that you will get so much mileage out of these notes. Thank you again Sean!

B
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4201 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
No say about Iced Up? I hope I can find a way to use it. Having to prefreeze the bottle may sound iffy to me but I'm sure Sean Fields can pull through and make an amazing effect Smile
Carlos the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1234 Posts

Profile of Carlos the Great
Quote:
On 2007-04-16 18:37, illusioneer wrote:
...And I swore I wasn't going to spend any more money!

I know, all these brilliant people are KILLING my bank account.

Sounds really exciting!
Cognite tute
munkywrench
View Profile
Loyal user
Conway, SC
287 Posts

Profile of munkywrench
I have a set of these notes and I must say Sean isn't playing with a full deck. These effects (Sean you are amazing) are some awsome pieces of strange to unlock the moment of astonishment. No pun intended. I saw Sean perform 20 B-low totally impromptu and it f'd everyone up that was around. Every effect is stunning, Taste-icular by itself is worth the set of notes. I'll keep my variations to myself. Bonne idée Sean. The Americans need to step up to the plate or else our brothers up north are going to steal the entire spotlight. Great job Sean or as we say in the military realm Bravo Zulu. And for those who wonder how the effects will play in the real world all I can say is "The material is there, how you present it and perform it is up to you. These effects rock!" For the price of some new crap that is already printed in Tarbell (the bibles of magic) you can get effects that are totally organic (ie. fresh). Get these notes now...never mind what I just said, let the chosen ones keep these effects to ourselves. Kevin #010.
Family Biz. https://www.facebook.com/dreamweaverconway/
Disciple of the Close-Up Kinda Guy PH.
Balloon Blast Video Show junkie.
Supporter of http://www.myrtlebeachmagician.com/
Retired Demo Dude
IBM #334 supporter
tim_06
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of tim_06
Quote:
On 2007-04-16 18:52, Irishghost wrote:
How do these effects play in the real world?

Respectfully,
Jeremy Hanrahan

Hey.

First off, let me start by saying that these notes are amazing. Sean Is nuts for releasing them.

I was lucky enough to get an advanced copy of the notes and wow, I couldn't believe what I was reading. I have performed the majority of the effects out on the street and the reactions are insane.The effects are so hard hitting but yet so simple.

These effects are the REAL reputation makers!

Definitely pick them up a soon as you can, don't miss out of this opportunity.

Cheers Tim
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
888 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
Thank you for the unbelievably kind words Tim!

I really am proud of the effects contained within the notes; each and every effect simply looks outrageous!

Here is the latest on the notes:

They will be released on Friday, however, they will be released in PDF only for right now; the hard copies should be available next week. I am just waiting on getting them shipped to me.

The prices will be:

PDF - $24.95
Hard Copy - $29.95 (To Be Released)

HOPEFULLY, by later on this evening, the store front will be back up and running, and the link to purchase will be active. Please note that although the link to the notes will be active, they still will NOT be shipped until Friday.

If there are any deviations to the above, I will be sure to let you know.

Holla!

Fields
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
714 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
Could the business cards used in the Ultimate Epic effect included on these notes be adapted to larger boards sealed in larger envelopes to be used on a large stage?

Only 2 more days!!!
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
888 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
For the most part, yes. The only business cards that are 'neccessary' are the ones that are written on... Shhhh, it is a bit of a secret, but you use a peek in the routine! ;-) 1337P33K to be exact... :-P

Fields
Carlos the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1234 Posts

Profile of Carlos the Great
Fine...FINE!!! I'll do it. Despite having a list of lots of other stuff to buy, this is going to be one of the things I actually buy this week (joining my appt for Tea with Alice and Jack). In reality, it is pretty easy, I don't see how this could be anything but excellent

Let us know when the store front is up, my clever friend.

-Carlos
Cognite tute
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1075 Posts

Profile of bekralik
Sean,

how are the hard copies prepared? Are they hardbound or softbound covers?
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
888 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
The hard copies are a bit behind schedule. I will provide a bit more input after they are ready to go.
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
888 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
Just to let those who are interested know; the new site is now live. The store will not launch until tommorrow, and the 1337 notes will be available in PDF format on Friday.

Sean
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1239 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
Sweet Sean! Intro page looks great.
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
Amade3us
View Profile
Regular user
Houston
139 Posts

Profile of Amade3us
So would that be like midnight tonight? :-P

-Dustin
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Yeah, I'd also like to know that. If it is midnight then guess I'll be having a late night.
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
888 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
As it stands now, the store will go live at some point this evening, and the 1337 notes will be available to purchase at midnight.

So yea. Come by the site and check it out. There is a FREE PDF for you just for popping by. It is a short set of notes on invisible thread from a lecture I did here in Winnipeg for the Society of Young Magicians. They are basic, but there is some fun stuff in them. If you join the mailing list, there will probably be more free stuff. How can you lose?

Fields
Amade3us
View Profile
Regular user
Houston
139 Posts

Profile of Amade3us
Thanks Sean,

A late night for me as well. :-P

-Dustin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » 4.20.07 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL