The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » 4.20.07 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Carlos the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1234 Posts

Profile of Carlos the Great
Yeah, same here, showed up instantly with allowances for 3 downloads, I believe.

I tend to try not to review products other than give my overall feeling but I will be a bit more specific here:

In my experience, really good magic uses principles that are not "unknown" per se but rather are either uncommon or go unnoticed. An example of relatively recently marketed SIMPLE effects that get (to me) amazing reactions is Indecent from Wayne Houchin or, one I personally like better, Saw from some chap named Sean Fields.

Reading through the effects in 1337 is more of the same. Some really clever thinking taking advantage of the nature of things is what makes these things work. While reading through the notes, some of the time I was like, yeah, I know about that effect in nature, so what? Then, a few seconds later, BLAM!

Clever, clever stuff. Once again, I have only read through it since I am at work at the present but I CAN'T WAIT TO GET HOME!

Thanks a bunch man!

-Carlos
Cognite tute
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1824 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Mine has yet to show up...it has been about 7 hours now.
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Carlos the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1234 Posts

Log back into Sean's site (where PayPal should have sent you when you got done).

Go to My Account.

View your previous order.

On the bottom of the page is "Download Links" which will tell you how many DL's you have remaining.

Click on 1337 Notes PDF and it should pop up on your computer.

PM me if you still can't do it.

I am not affiliated with the site but I had the same problem until I reread this thread, so I understand and am totally willing to help.

-Carlos
Cognite tute
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1824 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Not really sure how you click on previous order when no orders show up. Josh has emailed me once with the same instructions. Hopefully it will all get figured out.
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
wise owl
View Profile
Special user
Australia
721 Posts

Profile of wise owl
After your payment, you will be sent to a thank you page. On the middle_left side, there is a samll table listed the purchase items.A hperlink called 'download', which is at the left colomn is where you should click. It said that you can dwnload 3 times.

This is instant dwnload webpage,there is no email to instruct you thereafter.

If you miss the page, it is best to email sean and see what can be done.
Carlos the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1234 Posts

Hmmm, no previous orders huh? Yeah, I cannot help at all. It works exactly as above for me (I went through it as I wrote it and again just now). I am sure Sean will take care of it.

-Carlos

PS- Did you get an email from Sean's Store confirming the order? Mine was titled Order Process and was from Josh Nekrep.
Cognite tute
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4180 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Come on.. reviews guys!
Carlos the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1234 Posts

Lol, I'll need more than a few hours, at work, sans any materials, to review it. Besides, before I review, I need to learn, practice, then try it out real world. Sorry!

-Carlos
Cognite tute
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
886 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
Sorry to those that are having issues. If you have any concerns regarding your order, email my store manager, Josh Nekrep. His email is on the store page as store owner.

I wish I could be of more help, but this is why I pay him; I am blindingly ignorant when it comes to this stuff.

Fields
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
BUY THESE NOTES!!!!!!!!!!

I"ve read through and tried the some the material with props in hand, and I've got to say, I think Sean is making a huge error by not packaging some of these effects separately to be sold on the market. Each individual item described is worth the asking price of these notes. You're in for a real treat from the moment you read the first page. The writing style is comedic, yet informative. The magic is the stuff of miracles.

My personal favorites are 20 B Low(borrowed, folded, signed bill visibly penetrates the center of a table...NO GIMMICKS) and Aquatic( an extremely visual and relatively easy coin in bottle effect). However Sean has some great peek work for mentalists, that he puts into practice in a routine called Mental Epic.

FU2 seems extremely promising, though I haven't gone through it with cards in hand just yet. There are a couple of routines that aren't for me personally, but can envision playing well for audiences. Excised reads like an effect right out of a David Blaine special, as does Taste-icular. For those into that style of magic, they shouldn't be passed up. And, lastly I think Iced Up will be a great routine for the bar.

All and all, Sean offers a nice variety of material pretty much all facets of magic. I can't wait to see what the lad has up his sleeve for us next.....
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4180 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Fine! I'm buying it Smile
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
My apologies....Sean's offering of an effect utilizing his terrific billet peek is called Ultimate Epic, BASED on Mental Epic.
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you
1230 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
I unreservedly would recommend these notes. For me the coin in water bottle was worth the price. The rest is gravy. And I think the peek would make Richard Busch smile. Quality thinking. Great routines. A refreshing writing style that had me laughing out loud. He writes like he's chatting with you while you're both drinking a couple of beers.
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
Shock and Awe!
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
phase27
View Profile
Loyal user
Tx
228 Posts

Profile of phase27
Whenever I buy ebooks or lecture notes I usually only like 1 or 2 effects from the book and hardly ever use them. Not with these notes though. I got a chance to read through them yesterday and started playing around with some of the effects and love it. Every effect in these notes is well thought out and are not to hard to perform. If you have read the description of the notes you can see that theres something for everyone in these notes. Anyone who is hestitant about buying these should go ahead and make the purchase. You wont be dissapointed. Great job sean.

P.S I just wanted to comment on the awesome service. When I bought my notes I had some problems with my paypal and getting the notes but Sean and his store manager Josh got back to me real quick and had everything worked out. Awesome job guys.

P.S.S Go buy these notes!!!
"Life is only as good as the memories we make..." -K.Roe
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3555 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I have to agree that these are excellent notes. Some of the best I've read.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4180 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I'm trying to get a refund. I reformatted my computer and since then my computer has been being stupid. I can't open the pdf file. I've download the latest version of adobe acrobat. I seriously hope I can get a refund.
jorsha
View Profile
New user
New Jersey/ Texas
61 Posts

Profile of jorsha
These notes have some of the best material I have seen in a long time. They are just the type of effects I have been looking for (besides the necklace coming out of your stomach)!

-Jeff
Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.
Fool me thrice, you're a darn good magician!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » 4.20.07 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL