The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Flash Bill Production (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

larrylegal
View Profile
Regular user
Raleigh, NC
139 Posts

Profile of larrylegal
Does anyone know a "flash" bill production effect or handling? The idea would be to produce a bill from your hand such that it is opened all the way at once, or at least no less than folded in half. I have been playing around with different folds and places to put my fingers to get it opened quickly with 1 hand, but I thought there might be a handling someone is already familiar with. The thin quality of money along with its shape makes this difficult with 1 hand from a folded and concealed condition. Another criteria is that the bill can then be used in an effect thereafter, so a gimmicked bill wouldn't work unless it can be easily "ungimmicked" in performance without actually switching the entire bill. Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Larry
John T. Sheets
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, USA
1141 Posts

Profile of John T. Sheets
Hello,
There is a very good one called the "Osaka Bills" by Jahn Gallo. I have the DVD. It is now available in the "DVDs for sale or trade" section.
www.johnTsheets.com

See the "Quantum Bender 3.0" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkTVw9FjonE

See my Dove Act here... https://youtu.be/Ms7_u46Qpp0

See the "Energy Bender" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpJOfL0k8xA

See the "Table of Death" in Las Vegas trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YivizLAKD7I
lubdub
View Profile
Regular user
bloomsburg, pa
107 Posts

Profile of lubdub
Great routine and also in this month's M.U.M. has a flash bill production that is very easy and nice looking.
only a magician can play a liar but then all magicians are liars
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
David Stone has some work with this. I think that you can learn it on his Real Secrets DVD

http://www.realsecretsofmagic.com

It goes from a coin routine to the production of a fully opened bill. If it is not on that DVD it is on one of his Coin videos.

C
larrylegal
View Profile
Regular user
Raleigh, NC
139 Posts

Profile of larrylegal
I'll have to find someone with MUM. I am a member of IBM but not SAM, so I don't get MUM. I'm checking out OSAKA and David Stone as well. Thanks!
chan316
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of chan316
Hello all

The flash bill production on David Stones real secrets of magic is called ATM and is an excellent effect I use all the time. The effect spydur is refering to must be on one of his coin magic DVDs, because in ATM, when the fire turns into a bill, the bill is balled up.

If you really want the bill fully open, why not just have some flash paper in one hand, the bill in your other hand at ur side. Ask someone to light there lighter, come forward with one hand to ignite the flash paper, while bringing your other hand forward to produce the bill between both hands.
I always use this method if Im lucky enough to steal a watch or pickpocket someones mobile phone, I prouce the stolen object in this manner.

David Stones real secrets of magic DVD has a nice effect called "flash deck" where a pack of cards appears from a flash of fire. This handling can be used for a variety of objects.

Hope this helps

Chan
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
2571 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Try using black flash paper tape the bill to the other side light the flash paper & presto you have a Bill !
Tophatter
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
Watch Fred Kaps bill productions for some ideas..Cordially,Howard
close-up
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of close-up
Does anyone know if there is a "Real Secrets of Magic" volume 2 by David Stone?
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1130 Posts

Profile of APC
Its being made right now! Can't wait for it!
ehands
View Profile
Special user
Mississippi
524 Posts

Profile of ehands
Hank Lee is taking orders, for $35 I think, and will ship free when it comes out.
"Oh look, we have created enchantment." Blanche DuBois
amazingvijay
View Profile
Regular user
N. California Bay Area
169 Posts

Profile of amazingvijay
The book "Switch" has several methods.

Vijay
N California Bay Area magician
http://www.amazingvijay.com
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1725 Posts

Profile of wally
Osaka bills dvd wanted,
DonHarlan
View Profile
Loyal user
Richmond, VA
296 Posts

Profile of DonHarlan
There was an old packet trick that was called something like "snap bill". The effect was, the performer held a quartered bill in one hand and with a snap it changed to a piece of paper that was completely unfolded. Maybe this could have an application here. Good luck
“Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.”-Tom Robbins
<BR>
<BR>“One man's "magic" is another man's engineering".-Robert A. Heinlein
Pauldela
View Profile
Special user
U.K
882 Posts

Profile of Pauldela
Real Secrets of Magic Vol 1
soccergod
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of soccergod
Quote:
On 2008-05-03 11:17, jinx8107 wrote:
There was an old packet trick that was called something like "snap bill". The effect was, the performer held a quartered bill in one hand and with a snap it changed to a piece of paper that was completely unfolded. Maybe this could have an application here. Good luck

I was thinking the same thing. Im pretty sure it would work.
van
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of van
Bruce Elliot's "Magic as A Hobby" has a chapter on bill productions, Chapter 7.

Van
Later Ya'll

Van
LordFelix
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of LordFelix
Dan Watkins has an excellent bill production in his Coin Man Walking DVD.
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3025 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
The production LordFelix is referring to is my Flash Bill Fold which folds a bill into a compact 1" x 1" packet that is self contained and it won't pop open until you pull it open. You simply pull two corners in opposite directions and it pops into full view.
Click to visit:
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Flash Bill Production (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL