The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Monday Night Magic (webcam) chat (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I'm going to see how this goes. I use to host a Monday night magic chat at Kevin James site. I also use to be a regular at another popular magicians chat. but neither of them are up and running anymore. I miss those chats so I decided to start my own.

I realize that there are magicians here on the Café from all over the world. so it'll be hard to find a time that works for everyone. But for now I'll just try Monday nights out to see how it goes.

This chat also has the ability to habve webcam and audio chat. It's a great tool for demonstrating tricks and moves.

So for the next few weeks I'll host a chat in there starting at 8:00pm Eastern time. Stop on in and chat with me and other magicians.

It's monday night right now so guess where I am. I'll stick around for a couple of hours to see if anyone else shows up. (There are a couple right now). Keep in mind you don't hav eto have a webcam to chat and even without one you can still watch the others who are broadcasting.

Here's the URL:
http://www.magicjax.com/newsite/chat.html

You can see the password hint above the chat box on the page. But just to let you know the password is:
thumbtip

Hope to see you there.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
Sorry, Jaxon. I didn't see your post until 11:30 EDST, so I missed the chat. Will try again next week.
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
Ethan the emazing
View Profile
Elite user
anywhere but here USA
454 Posts

Profile of Ethan the emazing
Too bad...we have dial-up and I have a Bible study every monday night. oohh well
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Well I'll try again next week. I'm actually in there for a while each evening just to see if anyone shows up. I'm surprised at how often people show up there. So I just go tehre and watch youtube videos while I wait. You can do the same if you like. You never know when I or someone else might show up.

A fwe showed up last night. I hope you had fun.

Just to show you the kind of things I might do. I was talking to someone in there last night and he asked if I have any advice for manipulating a jumbo coin. So I showed him a few moves. A little alter I went to youtube and saw that you can put videos on there directly from your webcam. So I made this short video of some jumbo coin manipulation. It's not a very smooth slowing performance. More like a demonstration of some moves. I think it'll show just how useful a webcam can be in a magic chat.

You can check it out here:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_U31b4iVxLc

By the way. Feel free to use the chat anytime you want. You can schedule your own chat or if you're talking to another magician and trying to explain or help with a move or trick. Feel free to use it. You can even put this exact chat room on your own site of myspace (For magicians). The codes are on the bottom of the chat room page at http://www.magicjax.com/newsite/chat.html

It could turn into a sort of webcam chat ring.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I just made a video capture that shows how you can watch and save youtube videos on the webcam chat.

Check it out here.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vedjnraB9-Y

I use this while I'm waiting for others to show up.

Ron Jaxon

Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I have a little request. If anyone in here happens to have "Dragon Naturally Speaking" software on their computer. I'd like to see if it would work in the chat room. Right now I can broadcast my voice while chatting with someone but they have to type back if they say anything to me. That's not much of a problem but I'd still like to see if the voice recognition would work in there.

I've talked to pople in IM's using it and it's as close to a live phone call I've been in for years. So if anyone want's to try it out with me let me know and we can schedule a time to give it a go.

Ron Jaxon

Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I just thought I'd try this.

It's now 10:15 ET Sunday night. I'm in the chat. If you read this in the next hour or so stop on it. I'll show you a couple of tricks? Smile

Ron Jaxon

Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
It's monday night and I'm in the chat. Stop on in. I'll be there for quite a while tonight.

If you stop in and I don't reply right away. I might be browsing around. I'll be checking back to find you every minute or two.

I find it best to sign into the webcam chat. Open the Café in another window and shrink the Café window down. So I can browse the Café as I chat.

Oh there's one more thing I want to mkae sure it's understood. Some have contacted me saying they'd love to chat but they don't have a webcam. I want to make sure it's understood that you don't need one. This is a regular text chat room but you also have the ability to use your webcam and microphone in it if you wish you. You also don't need a webcam to see others.

Ron Jaxon

Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
It's not Monday night but I'm in the chat room now if anyone wants to stop in. I can perform a few for you or you can show me something.

I'll also have my Monday Night chat tomorrow night. I hope to see some of you there.

Ron Jaxon

Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Come join me I the chat tonight. It'll start at about 8:00pm ET. If I'm not there right away I'll be there very soon (No later then 10 after).

I have a couple of tricks and moves I can teach tonight. Of course, you can show me your latest or see if anyone can give you any help with the tricks you're working on.

Hope to see you there.

Ron Jaxon

Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
I will be there at about 11 hope your still there. Nothing gets in the way of 24!!
Justin N. Miller
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Great. Hope to see you there.

I had to start the chat an hour late tonight. I had a strange thing happen. I went outside and found a car parked in my driveway. I went ot neighbors to ask them to move it and they didn't know who's it was either. After calling the police to have it towed it turns out the car was stolen and abandoned in my driveway. It's been a strange day.

See you in the chat. I'm there now.

Ron Jaxon

Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I want to point out that you don't have to wait until Monday night to use the webcam chat. If you ever talk to another magician and want to show them something via webcam. Feel free to invite them there so you cn show them in real time.

I also know that there are magicians from all over the world here on the Café so my Monday night Chat might not fit your schedulte. Feel free to contact your friends and schedule your own chat session there. I've found the servic eto be very useful. Not only for the product support on my site but also for showing ideas and getting feed back on the things I'm working on.

In fact if you look at the bottom of the chat page you'll see a chat room code that'll put the "Magicians webcam Chat room" on your own website or magicians myspace. You can obviously create your own if you wish but if you put the same room on your site we might be able to form a sort of magicians webcam chat ring. That would make it more liekly we'll be able to spend time meeting other magicians in there.

I just wanted to point that out. I put this up because I found it to be a very useful tool. So I figured it could be useful for you all as well.

Hope to see you tomorrow night.

Ron Jaxon

Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I mentioned before that this chat has a "credits" system that I'm not too crazy about. "credits" does not mean money. It's a "spread the word" kind of deal. For instance in the chat if you use the form to invite someone to join the chat room you'll receive 5 credits. The more credits you have the more features you can use. A perfect example of the "features" is if you have no credits you can only watch one persons webcam at a time. But if you have 20 credits you can watch 4 webcam's at a time. This isn't such a big deal because when one of us decides to perform something for the room we all just open their cam to watch them.

Like I said. I'm not very happy about this and I've been looking for another webcam chat room server that works as well as this one does but doesn't have that credits deal. But so far I can't find a good one without spending a few hundred dollars or that no one will have to download anything to use it.

I've been telling the servers about my thoughts and they are making some changes. Sometime next week they'll have these changes in effect that'll give you credits just for joining the chat room (meaning when you join and create a profile you'll get credits for the features).

I just wanted to share this news for those who have been using it.

We've been having a lot of fun. Had the busiest Monday night chat so far last week. It seems to be getting better and better so please come join us.

I'm in there for a while most evenings so stop on it. I'm sure I'll perform a trick or two for you if you like. Smile

Ron Jaxon

VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
I'll give this one a shot tonight.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
VcosNJ showed up in the chat last week. He even performed a couple of my tricks for me. I hope you had a good time and we'll see you in there again.

For next weeks Monday night magicians webcam chat I'm going to try something a little different. I'm going to write up some basic instructions to a trick I came up with called "Petrified Rising". Then I'll give those who join me a link to these instructions and I'll be able to show it to you live on the webcam chat.

Petrified Rising - Effect

A card is selected, remembered then lost in the deck. The magician causes the card to rise out of the deck. The spectator is asked to pull the outjogged card out to see if it's the right card. When they do and the magician let's go of the deck and they discover that the deck is now a solid block with their selection still sticking out from it.

This trick gets some funny reactions. Especially when you let go and they jump to try to catch the cards they think are going to fall to the floor.

So I'll be teaching this effect this coming Monday night. Hope to see some of you there.

Ron Jaxon

Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I have the Petrified Rising instructions all ready to go for tonights chat. The instructions will only be available during tonights chat so if you want to learn it I hope you can make it.

I'll be starting at about 9pm eastern time.

Ron Jaxon

VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
I'll be there again tonight. I've got a few things I want to show you as well. Smile
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Great. I look forward to seeing you again. We haven't exactly had a Monday Night chat that was "packed" yet but each week a few more join in and most of them come back. So they must be having some fun in there.

I look forward to seeing how this goes as I teach how to do the new trick. I've only showed this one to a hand full of magicians and I keep getting requests to release it. I still might sometimes but I'm sharing it for free tonight.

It's less then an hour away. I'm heading to get ready. Smile

Ron Jaxon

billmonroe
View Profile
Regular user
Annapolis, MD
181 Posts

Profile of billmonroe
Ron, How do we join. Also I do not have a webcam yet, will this hinder me? Thanks Bill
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Monday Night Magic (webcam) chat (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL