The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Card trick openers - stacked (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MDew
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
125 Posts

Profile of MDew
Quote:
On 2007-04-20 15:53, ekozuch wrote:
What mental effect do you know with a stacked deck? (not mnemonica)

I don't do much mentalism, so the only effect I know is OOTW, with a stacked deck...if you consider OOTW to be mental effect...

Quote:
On 2007-04-19 07:34, JanForster wrote:
There are many spectator cuts to the aces plots which are easy to construct a way that doesn't disturb the order, for example Randy Wakeman's excellent "spectator on stage" (Apocalypse, June 1987). You can follow with a Twisting the Aces and the Christ/Aronson Aces (see Simon's website). Three short and visual effects which don't disturb anything. I do this sequence often. Jan

I'll give this a try. Many thanks!
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Quote:
On 2007-04-20 15:53, ekozuch wrote:
What mental effect do you know with a stacked deck? (not mnemonica)

See my post further up! Smile Galaxy should be performed as a mentalism item.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4106 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Mental effects: Here are two of my all time favorites: Histed Heisted and 4 Part Harmony, both are Simon Aronson's. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
4106 Posts

Profile of JanForster
To make it complete: "There are many spectator cuts to the aces plots which are easy to construct a way that doesn't disturb the order, for example Randy Wakeman's excellent "spectator on stage" (Apocalypse, June 1987). You can follow with a Twisting the Aces and the Christ/Aronson Aces (see Simon's website). Three short and visual effects which don't disturb anything. I do this sequence often."
Often after that I follow with "Twice as Hard" (Simon Aronson's ACAAN with 2 cards and 2 numbers!) followed (and closing) with OOTW using the memdeck with all the cards always face down. This hard to beat. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Mike_A
View Profile
New user
Bristol, UK
27 Posts

Profile of Mike_A
Love the Cards in Pocket effect using Richard Osterlind's Breakthrough Card System. Helper cuts the deck, takes two cards face down and places them in two of their pockets unseen. I then ask the helper to call out the names of the card values from 1-2-3 to J-Q-K, stopping them on one of the values. I ask them to name the suits at random, again stopping them at a value. They are then invited to pull out the card from their first pocket - which matches the card we just 'deduced from their voice pattern'. I reiterate the fact that they must have had a subliminal feel for the card despite the fact they had not seen it and that I too had a 'feeling' about another card - which turns out to be the one in their other pocket.

Mike
nboisen
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of nboisen
Jan, in which of Simon's books will I find these two routines (HH and 4 Part H)?
ryman
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of ryman
"I open my card routine with chicago suprise. I also hav a stacked deck with the Osterlind Breakthrough Card System. "

yupp, this stack is pure genius
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
4106 Posts

Profile of JanForster
You find them in "Bound to Please" and "The Aronson Approach". I think you should have these books. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
magicduro
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
529 Posts

Profile of magicduro
Four aces followed by a royal straight flush on top of the deck allows many possiblities.

Overhand shuffle with faces toward the audience, pull an ace each time.
Have the spectator say stop... repeat. Then you will have an ace on each pile and also a royal on top of one. You are set up to do Maxi-Twist
nboisen
View Profile
Loyal user
288 Posts

Profile of nboisen
JanFoster: What's your opinion of Aronson's newest book, Try the Impossible? Would you get that over "Bound to please" for instance?
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
4106 Posts

Profile of JanForster
No, there are all good, I recommend all of them very highly! My favorite is still "Simply Simon". Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
I agree with Jan... all of Simon Aronson's books are great. If you are going to pursue memorized deck work, you will want to get Bound to Please first. In there Simon explains his memdeck stack, teaches you how to memorize it, and explains all of the built in effects which he built into the stack. (Of course, after the stack was created, many other effects which utilize it were created and there are some of those in Simon's other books, on his website, and on my website.
Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Card trick openers - stacked (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL