The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Cunning Card Case - Great Opener! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
serge storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
380 Posts

Profile of serge storms
Just received my Cunning Card Case from Bob Solari magic and am happy with the purchase. Basically you remove a deck of cards from the case, and the case instantly vanishes. Don't have to worry about sleeves, wearing a jacket or anything like that. This is cute, fast and so far, stunning. Once they recover from the quick vanish you're free to go into any of your usual card material.
Like most of bobs items it is affordable priced at $12.50. Available at his gmrcreations web site.
Other favorites of his to check out are his New Jersey Experiment, Breather card, and an older one I love is his Double Barrel.
IlDaDe
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of IlDaDe
There's a video of the vanish?
Thanks, Davide
runawayjag
View Profile
Inner circle
1085 Posts

Profile of runawayjag
Sure sounds Bro. John Hammanesque?
e-man
View Profile
Special user
HILTON HEAD,SC
880 Posts

Profile of e-man
Also sounds like "Card Case Go! "(1993) MAK MAGIC
我被烹调
ERIC HELVENSTON
IlDaDe
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of IlDaDe
Quote:
On 2007-04-17 14:09, serge storms wrote:
Just received my Cunning Card Case from Bob Solari magic and am happy with the purchase. Basically you remove a deck of cards from the case, and the case instantly vanishes. Don't have to worry about sleeves, wearing a jacket or anything like that. This is cute, fast and so far, stunning. Once they recover from the quick vanish you're free to go into any of your usual card material.
Like most of bobs items it is affordable priced at $12.50. Available at his gmrcreations web site.
Other favorites of his to check out are his New Jersey Experiment, Breather card, and an older one I love is his Double Barrel.

Hi again, is possible for you to make a video of that? Thanks
zing82
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
218 Posts

Profile of zing82
Hi guys,

I've just received this lovely effect this morning. However I've a little question, how do you guys keep the "set-up" together in your pockets until you are ready to perform?

Regards,
Alvin
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice.
serge storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
380 Posts

Profile of serge storms
In my suit I have a narrow pocket which works best for me. I haven't done it wearing anything else but a suit. I guess you could also just have it in front pants pocket as well. Not really an issue for me.
RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
697 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
I love my shrinking card case by Henry Evans. If you vanish something, spectators will go a-lookin' for it, but if you change it into something else, they're drawn into the new object.

Rick
www.vancouvermagic.com
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
697 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
The shrinking card case is actually called Tribute to Varone

Rick
www.vancouvermagic.com
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Quote:
On 2007-04-17 20:04, runawayjag wrote:
Sure sounds Bro. John Hammanesque?

Definitely.

This is nice little opener. And, you can get rid of the gaff by simply pocketing the Joker.

I also like "Tribute to Varone". This is a very nice routine where the spectator's card ends up folded inside the tiny little card box.

But, my all-time favorite is still John Corneilus' Incredible Shrinking Card Box. I believe that they're made in plastic now. This is my favorite way to begin a card routine.

Robert
zing82
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
218 Posts

Profile of zing82
Where can I get John Corneilus' effect?

Alvin
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice.
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
IlDaDe
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of IlDaDe
Quote:
On 2007-05-10 10:19, Robert M wrote:
http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/cart.php

Robert

I've tried to search it, but I cant.. have you got another link?

There are a videos of these effects ? (cunning card case, tribute to varone and john cornelius' trick)
IlDaDe
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of IlDaDe
Quote:
On 2007-06-25 18:59, IlDaDe wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-05-10 10:19, Robert M wrote:
http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/cart.php

Robert

I've tried to search it, but I cant.. have you got another link?

There are a videos of these effects ? (cunning card case, tribute to varone and john cornelius' trick)

I have found all the videos, except for the cunning card case. Can someone help me please? Thanks
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1213 Posts

Profile of APC
I use the shrinking card case from John Kennedy's Shrinking Card routine, I believe that may be the Corneilus case. I then like to go into "In a Flash".
Adam
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Yes, if I remember correctly, the Kennedy routine is a combination of the Corneilus Shrinking Card Box and Bro. Hamman's Micro Macro.

BTW, I ordered a Shrinking Card Box from Hank Lee's so I would have a back-up, and it's made a little differently than the Corneilus boxes. I don't like it nearly as much as the original.

Does anyone know if the original Corneilus boxes are still available (preferably in plastic)? Anyone have contact info for John Corneilus?

Robert
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1266 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Why, thank you Steve! ;-)

Robert
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
For anyone who is interested, I contacted John Corneilus, and he no longer sells the Shrinking Card Boxes - the manufacturer died! But, he's looking for a new manufacturer.

Robert
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I think Ebay has a few shrinking card cases check it out .
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Cunning Card Case - Great Opener! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL