The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Harley Newman in Coney Island 4/18 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2911 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
If you enjoy what we do at the sideshow in Coney Island, you can not miss the show we are putting on tomorrow night, 4/18. It is the Professional Lunatic himself, Harley Newman in concert. You will see him do things that no one else in the world does. He will do an escape that will have you on the edge of your seat. And what he does with a bed of nails will make your mind spin. He might even be doing his ONE NAIL 'BED'. Yes, you read that right...he supports himself on the point of A SINGLE NAIL. But that is just a small part of the unforgettable show he does. Harley is also one of most articulate performers working today. He will make you laugh and make you think...and make you think you are laughing!

Harley has been muttering that he might retire the show soon, so this might be your last chance to see this true master that makes sideshow performance into an Art. Do no miss this show.

What: Harley Newman-The Professional Lunatic
When: Wednesday-4/18/2007-8pm
Where: Sideshows by the Seashore 1208 Surf Ave. at 12th St. Coney Island, NY 11224
How Much: Only $10.

For more info, go to http://www.coneyisland.com
For more about Harley, go to http://www.bladewalker.com

I hope to see you there,

Todd Robbins
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Once again...d@mn my location...
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Special user
717 Posts

Profile of jondark445
Todd:

After spending the week with you two weeks ago I think I'd take your advice regarding anything...well...maybe not birth control...but I'll be there to see Harley, you can be sure of that!

--Tony Gangi
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2911 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Tony,
I have found that the way woman feel about a guy that does Blockhead is a GREAT form of birth control.
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Break a leg, Harley!

Yours,

Paul
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
This casting 'neener's' out to the west coast is becoming a habit Todd. The least you can do is get it on video for us ferners!

Narley Hewman break stuff.

Retire the show? hahaha
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4205 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Darn! I wish I could be there tonight! Rock on Harley. I'm sure you will dazzle!
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5112 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
We had a good time last night!

Retire? I can't even imagine that. But I have another show, about two hairs from being ready to debut, so the one I've been doing, is about to be sidelined.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
jondark445
View Profile
Special user
717 Posts

Profile of jondark445
Harley:

It was a kick ass show last night! I can't say enough about it. Truly unbelievable. It really was something to see. Hopefully you'll bring your new show to Coney Island as well!

--Jon
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5112 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I was a little confused, which probably didn't show up much, as it fits my character so well (both on and offstage). I forgot a prop or two, and got some things out of their normal order.

It's funny. I've been putting a lot of thought into my new material, and my sense of timing for the old stuff is out of synch, as a result.

One of the things I love about performing, is taking all these little things, and weaving them together. I tend to look at performances the way I might look at a piece of handwoven cloth...all kinds of threads going in and out of each other, creating an appreciable picture.

Ah, the webs we weave, the stories we tell!
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
jondark445
View Profile
Special user
717 Posts

Profile of jondark445
Harley:

I have to ask....does it freak your daughter out watching you do this stuff?

--Jon
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5112 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
She hasn't been to a show in a few years, so there were a couple of things she hadn't seen, and a couple she'd sort-of forgotten. But some things never become comfortable.

Kinda like doing them.

www.bladewalker.com
Addy
View Profile
Loyal user
NY
243 Posts

Profile of Addy
Amazing show last night. The whole room was on the edge of their seats for the whole set. To paraphrase Dick after the show, 'one nail is just so wrong, and yet Harley can do it'. Your daughter looked kinda shaken during the bed of nail. (Leave off the S at the end, THERE'S ONLY ONE!!!) I know I was...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Harley Newman in Coney Island 4/18 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL