The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Magic, magicians in books or movies? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

peteton
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of peteton
Hi there,

I have just watched the prestige and am wanting now to read the book. I was wondering what other books or movies there are featuring magic, magicians or the world of magic. (Aside from harry potter of course!). I have also read the Vanished Man by Jefferey Deaver - which I loved. Any other suggestions??

thanks in advance,
pete
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
The Magician, by Sol Stein.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
TV Magic Pal
View Profile
New user
Dogtown up in the 'Lou
62 Posts

Profile of TV Magic Pal
The Dresden novels/series (father is a stage magician)
Clayton Rawson's Merlini books
The Magician Out of Manchuria (Charles Finney)
The Magician's Wife (Brain Moore)
The Magician of Lublin (Isaac Singer)

Penn and Teller Get Killed
Houdini (of course)
The Wizard of Gore

And, although I have not read it for many, many year, I have a nagging feeling that the main character in Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby is often compared to a magician trough the use of metaphor and such. Vague memory of a high school discussion that I was probably not in the best of shape to participate in... Maybe I'll give ol' F. Scott another chance!
Michael L.

Magic is a lie. It is our job to convince the audience to overlook the lie and our goal to make them embrace it.
eddieloughran
View Profile
Special user
942 Posts

Profile of eddieloughran
This has been didcussed before;
the number of books is amazing.
peteton
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of peteton
Thanks for all your suggestion... where abouts has it been discussed before? I did a search before I posted but couldn't find anything substantial
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Magic, magicians in books or movies? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL