We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Your favorite stack deck routines (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ekozuch
View Profile
Veteran user
argentina
329 Posts

Profile of ekozuch
What are your favorite effects with a stacked deck? (not memorized)
churken
View Profile
Regular user
California
199 Posts

Profile of churken
If you're going to go to the trouble of stacking a deck, why not memorize it? Why spend the time to stack a deck that you can only use for one trick? It seems more practical to have a set stack that you can use for multiple effects.

These are some of my favorites, but they all use the same stack and it is a memorized one.

Richard Osterlind has several on his Mind Mysteries DVD. Test Conditions is one that I use all the time.

Mnemonicosis by Juan Tamariz is one of the greatest effects you can do with a stacked deck.

Shuffle Board by Simon Aronson
Two Beginings by Simon Aronson
Invisible Deck by Michael Close
Two Mules by Michael Close
Do You Want To Continue by Barrie Richardson
Maximum Risk by Darwin Ortiz
Poker Demo by Simon Aronson using Dennis Loomis's added touches

There are also story effects. Sam the Bellhop is probably the most famous. I use my own that was developed for the Aronson Stack.

There are so many, but this should give you a start. Hopefully you will see the power of a memorized deck. If you learn one you will have one of the strongest tools in card magic.

Paul
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4930 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
The Dragon's Pearl by Lennart Green (Lennart GREEN LITE DVD, Cyclic Stack)
Out of Body by Larry Becker (Si Stebbins Stack)
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3840 Posts

Profile of JanForster
There are so many (including your own stuff?), but you should look up definitely Simon Aronson's "Everybody's Lazy"!
Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17063 Posts

Profile of joseph
Martin Nash's Colors on the March...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
dannywhit
View Profile
Regular user
Oak Ridge,TN
121 Posts

Profile of dannywhit
Wow! So many...Hmmm.. I would say J. C's Super closer, Fastest Gun Alive, Marlo's Miracle routine, Ovation, Galaxy, My version of Night at the Improv, Shock Treatment, Dead Reckoning, Ultimate Oil & Water. I could go on all day.
Robert Apodaca
View Profile
Special user
504 Posts

Profile of Robert Apodaca
Quote:
On 2007-04-25 16:02, dannywhit wrote:
Wow! So many...Hmmm.. I would say J. C's Super closer, Fastest Gun Alive, Marlo's Miracle routine, Ovation, Galaxy, My version of Night at the Improv, Shock Treatment, Dead Reckoning, Ultimate Oil & Water. I could go on all day.

How does Fastest Gun Alive and Ultimate Oil and Water require a stack when you have spectators shuffle the deck at the beginning of the routine?
dannywhit
View Profile
Regular user
Oak Ridge,TN
121 Posts

Profile of dannywhit
Well, in the routine Ultimate Oil and Water from Scams and Fantasies by Darwin Ortiz the spectaters are not suppose to shuffle the cards. I on the otherhand give the deck a special Faro shuffle before displaying the cards. This sets up my stacked deck so I can do the routine. As far as Fastest Gun Alive goes I might of miss called the effects name. I am refering to an effect that uses a Si Stebbins stack from Scams and Fantasies as well. I believe the correct name is the Quick and the Dead. If you know Ultimate Oil and Water then you have to know a stack is involved. A simple one, but it is a stack.
Robert Apodaca
View Profile
Special user
504 Posts

Profile of Robert Apodaca
Quote:
On 2007-05-06 23:03, dannywhit wrote:
Well, in the routine Ultimate Oil and Water from Scams and Fantasies by Darwin Ortiz the spectaters are not suppose to shuffle the cards. I on the otherhand give the deck a special Faro shuffle before displaying the cards. This sets up my stacked deck so I can do the routine. As far as Fastest Gun Alive goes I might of miss called the effects name. I am refering to an effect that uses a Si Stebbins stack from Scams and Fantasies as well. I believe the correct name is the Quick and the Dead. If you know Ultimate Oil and Water then you have to know a stack is involved. A simple one, but it is a stack.

I know in his video series Ortiz has the cards shuffled before Ultimate Oil and Water and then culls the deck in front on the spectator.

Same thing for Fastest Gun Alive, but this is the video series, the actualy book may be different.
dannywhit
View Profile
Regular user
Oak Ridge,TN
121 Posts

Profile of dannywhit
I guess that answewrs your first question that the deck is stacked then does'nt? That is the beauty of the cull if you ask me. You can set up a stacked deck right in front of your audience.
amazingvijay
View Profile
Regular user
N. California Bay Area
176 Posts

Profile of amazingvijay
My favorite is Any Card at Any Number by Barrie Richardson

Vijay
N California Bay Area magician
http://www.amazingvijay.com
misterblack
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of misterblack
Another vote for Richardson's 'Any card at any number' here. However, I've just learned 'Shuffle Bored' and think it's fabulous, with the added advantage that I can re-assemble my memorised deck after 'Any card...' and follow with it.
gelbepfeife
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of gelbepfeife
With a BCS: Challenge Mind reading, 2 cards to pocket, card calling

greetings Gelbe
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Tameriz four of a kind
ferryascanio
View Profile
Loyal user
Jakarta - Indonesia
265 Posts

Profile of ferryascanio
Did he said "non memorized deck"? standard stack deck is different with mem-deck. it means the stack that not assosiated with Tamari stack, Aronson stack, Joyal stack or others, also that different from cyclical stack like Osterlind, Stebbins,Eight King stack.
my favorite effects for stack deck that isn't mem-deck are lazy man card tricks (Al Koran) and doubly lazy (Aronson)
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
Automatic Lie Speller from The Card Magic of Nick Trost, page 155. This is used as the finale to the Gene Anderson Si Stebbins Routine... enough said.

Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1779 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
Two deck canasta by Simaon Aronson
Magicmike1949
View Profile
Special user
647 Posts

Profile of Magicmike1949
Histed Heisted
Past, Present, Future
Tamariz Symphonie series
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4856 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
"Entropy" from my new book Kingdom of the Red
MikeMgc
View Profile
Regular user
162 Posts

Profile of MikeMgc
Coincidence and Divination by Nick Trost - Combines a couple of principles with a stack. A very strong effect.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Your favorite stack deck routines (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL