The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Fresh Mint - New at Full 52 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Kip Stevens
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Kip Stevens
FRESH MINT by CAMERON FRANCIS - An incredibly clean Signed Bill to 'Tic Tac' box! + 3 mind blowing bonus effects!

I jus' ordered this SUKKA!!!

Can't wait until I'm foolin' the pants off EVERYONE I see!!!

When my inbox receives the e-ster I'll be back to tell ya's AAAAAAALL about it.

Kipster
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
A thread already. Cool! Thanks, Kip!

Hope you guys enjoy this offering, my first to the magic fraternity. David Forrest has put together a very nice PDF to showcase my effects (although would you expect anything less than stellar production quality from Dave?). Not only that, but he's even included a bonus video with his very nice handling of a variation of the "Fresh Mint" effect. How cool is that?

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to shoot me a PM.

Cameron
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Kip Stevens
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Kip Stevens
I'm playing with this NOW, I'm EXCITED!!! It's an awesome idea. Reminds me of Jay Spankey's paperclipped. I'll write more once I've calmed down a bit.

Gonna go and fiddle with it (and practice the trick!!!)

Kip
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Glad you like it, Kip. Smile
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Majestic12
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
643 Posts

Profile of Majestic12
Wow this looks great, I do not normally view this section of the forum but I came across the pdf on http://www.itricks.com . Will await some more reviews but I probably will have to get this!
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
I ordered this yesterday but have not recieved it as of yet, looking forward to it.
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
693 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
Cameron,

This is fantastic! I've just spent the past hour playing with this in front of the mirror, it looks incredible, I fooled myself!

I also enjoyed the bonus effects, especially Hard Knocks, very direct, very commercial.

I much look forward to your future releases.

Iain.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Iain, thank you so, so much.

I'm glad you liked the card effects as well. "Hard Knocks" is one of those tricks that I just love doing. The effect builds very nicely and the end really hits them right between the eyes. Great effect for couples.

While "Fresh Mint" is great utility device for the appearance of bills and playing cards, I think the posibilities are endless. I would love to hear other people's ideas and uses for it. I'm sure some mentalists might find a few interesting applications.

Something interesting to those who have purchased this who live in the U.S. I only noticed this after David sent me the booklet and I looked over the photo illustrations. David lives in Scotland. I live in the States. And there is a bit of a difference between U.K. Tic Tac packaging and U.S. Tic Tac packaging.

It appears that here in the States, the labels on the front of Tic Tac boxes are a little longer than they are in the U.K. In fact, the labels cover almost half the box. Which means when the bill is in the box, at least half the bill is obstructed from view.

In the U.K. (and perhaps other countries) the labels are shorter and barely come down past the cap. So your spectators get a great view of almost the entire bill.

So for those of you in the U.S., a possible option is to remove the label completely from the front of the box so that the spectators can get a clear view of the bill with nothing obstructing it. I personally like the label as it adds character to the box. But most of the time, I go with the no label method as the spectators can get a much better view of the bill.

Just a little observation I thought I'd point out.
Magicman101uk
View Profile
Regular user
Nuneaton, UK
146 Posts

Profile of Magicman101uk
Quote:
On 2007-04-21 10:27, Majestic12 wrote:
Wow this looks great....

Is there a video demo of this effect? I couldn't see anything on David's site.

Cheers

Paul
Anyone here believe in psycho-kinesis? Raise my hand!

www.paul-humphreys.com
Majestic12
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
643 Posts

Profile of Majestic12
Quote:
On 2007-04-22 07:11, Magicman101uk wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-04-21 10:27, Majestic12 wrote:
Wow this looks great....

Is there a video demo of this effect? I couldn't see anything on David's site.

Cheers

Paul

No
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

No demo. However, when you purchase it from full52, you get access to an explanation video of Dave Forrest's handling of the effect with a signed playing card. Dave's handling is very nice and not just limited to plaing cards.

I can tell you this, the effect as described in the ad is exactly what happens. Nothing's been exagerated or left out. It's very clean.
meyegr
View Profile
Special user
Only able to muster
800 Posts

Profile of meyegr
Yes it is - very good effect!!
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Thanks, meyegr!
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1194 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
For those of you looking for a very clever "bill to impossible location" type trick that is perfect for walk around...check this out...I like it! For the money you can't go wrong!

Cody S. Fisher
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Thank you so much, Cody!

For those who purchased this and want a fun line to tie up the "mint" theme, here's a line I use right after the Tic Tac box has been removed from the Altoids box:

"As you can see, I'm working with a theme, here. Strong mint... fresh mint... U.S. mint!"

Gets a nice chuckle... or groan, depending on who you're working for. Smile
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
I received mine and it's great!
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

I would love to hear your thoughts on it, Y2John!

I thought of another simple but effective presentational idea which popped into my head recently. Those of you who have this will figure out the workings.

Here's the bare bones effect: Four or five Tic Tacs transpose with the bill that was in your left hand. Dump the Tic Tacs into your right pocket and with an incredibly empty hand, reach into your left pocket. Pull out the Tic Tac box with the bill inside. Proceed as normal.

Hopefully you get the idea. I haven't tried this yet but I think it would be a fun presentation. And the handling would be squeaky clean.
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
I can only say that this is a very cool method of doing this type of effect. It has an amazing number of uses. I will tip one of my favorites. Just a hint. Try it with pocket writing. you will BELIEVE!
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
robjohn
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of robjohn
Can this also be done with other candy/mint containers?
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

It works best with a Tic Tac container although there is another mint container which is similar to the Tic Tac containers except the plastic isn't quite as clear and it's a little softer. You could use that but for this method, you want to use a crystal clear container. It just makes everything that much more fair.

Although before you pull it out, the Tic Tac container can be in absolutely anything you want it to be in. Altoids box, card case, pocket, titanium vault, whatever.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Fresh Mint - New at Full 52 (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL