The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Unmarked - mentalism, unless it's not (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
For $10 from Tony Chapparo (at http://www.upclosemagic.net ?) you can get -- no gimmick at all. Oh, you could send Tony another $9.95 and he'll send you a gimmick, but you could make it for roughly 1/10th of that. You'd have to know how. And you'd have to know why.

The Why is Tony has found a new way to make an old gimmick which makes it even more invisible, easier to handle, and reliable than the classic version. With this gimmick, I've easily thought of about 50 different effects I could perform with it, and only 30 or so are mentalism. Various card tricks -- no problem. Even a couple of coin tricks. And, oh - the book tests I could perform with this; the design duplications!

It will, however, not make your cut-&-restored rope effect any easier or better.

I hesitate to indicate what exactly this gimmick CAN do, because it will tip the actual "secret" quickly. It's slap-your-forehead why-didn't-I-think-of-this simple, and Tony is to be commended for keeping it simple.

Experienced mentalists and card cheats have already figured out what type of gimmick this is, and I can tell them that this is as easy to use as its predecessor is klutzy. Bob Cassidy would love this, if he hasn't been secretly using one all this time and not telling anyone.

Which brings me to the What. The What is the booklet which will tell you and show you how to make and use one of these Unmarked gimmicks. It's only six pages, but it's a lifetime of effects. At least 50 of them.

*jeep!
--Granpa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
Tony Chapparo
View Profile
Special user
Albuquerque, NM
704 Posts

Profile of Tony Chapparo
Hi Chet,
Thanks for all your kind words about my e-book UNmarked!
For any one who is interested in this you can find it here:

http://505magician.tripod.com/unmarked.htm

Thanks again Chet! where do ya want me to send the money!!! LOL
Tony Chapparo
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Money won't be necessary. But check your e-mail. There's something you might be able to do for me after all.

(Oooooooo -- mysterious!!)

*jeep!
--Mysterious Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
tctahoe
View Profile
V.I.P.
Lakeland Fl.
733 Posts

Profile of tctahoe
UNmarked

This little pdf is wonderful. It is clearly written and easily understood.
The construction of this gimmick could not be easier.

If you have been around magic, you may have figured out what this utility device is but don’t let that stop you from ordering this. Tony’s construction and handling have made this something that you can use… It is something that I will use and that really says it all.

As already pointed out by Chet, "Oh the book tests I could perform with this!" Let me amend that. The book tests I WILL perform with this.

Buy it, use it and sit back and let your ‘abilities’ take the credit.

TC Tahoe
Tony Chapparo
View Profile
Special user
Albuquerque, NM
704 Posts

Profile of Tony Chapparo
TC,
thanks for the awesome review, I am honored to know that you will be using the gimmick! I didn't even consider the mentalism concepts possible w/ the device, as I am not that heavy into being mental... I will be now! ; )
Chet, TC...
thanks again fellas!

Best,
The "other" TC
Tony Chapparo
Tony Chapparo
sibbie
View Profile
Special user
East Coast
525 Posts

Profile of sibbie
I received this from Tony and went through it a couple of times. I really can't add more than what others have already said about it. It is an old concept with a new spin that will make the work easier.

As far as purchasing the gimmick or making it yourself, this comes down to personal preference. This isn't one of those "anyone can do it" items that end up being "anyone with a lot of tools" concepts. Anyone can make this with a quick trip to Wal-Mart and a few minutes at home.

This is a great utility item for those who put it to use. The instructions are clear and the book is easy to read. Tony provides you with a few effects to get your ideas going. Once you read this I am sure you will find tricks you have read that will be easier with this and even more stuff you will create on your own.
Tony Chapparo
View Profile
Special user
Albuquerque, NM
704 Posts

Profile of Tony Chapparo
Thanks for the great review sibbie!
glad you are finding the e-book and gimmick useful!

Best,
Tony
Tony Chapparo
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Has anybody else bought this yet that can provide a review?
Steve Suss
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Steve Suss
Is this something that would enhance a blindfold routine?

Thanks

Steve
Tony Chapparo
View Profile
Special user
Albuquerque, NM
704 Posts

Profile of Tony Chapparo
Hi Steve,

I don't think it would help with a blindfold drive! Smile but I can think of a few ways you could use it.

Thanks for your interest.

Tony
Tony Chapparo
psi-co
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa
134 Posts

Profile of psi-co
Hi Tony

Although 10 bucks is not a lot to spend, I'm just wondering if this gimmick is easily available in South Africa where we don't have Wal-Marts, Staples or any other such places. In fact, our stationery is often times different to what you find in the States, and it's not easy finding a suitable substitute. What say you of this?

Thanx

Alan
sibbie
View Profile
Special user
East Coast
525 Posts

Profile of sibbie
If you have any type of Arts and Crafts store or major department store there should be no issue in finding the necessary items.
psi-co
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa
134 Posts

Profile of psi-co
Thanx Sibbie

You'll be amazed at how I often can't find a specific item... take RO's Final Answer pencil case for example. I believe it's quite common there in the States... here, no go. Same with certain note pads, folios etc. It's very frustrating and sometimes I just can't find a suitable replacement and have to forego the effect or gimmick completely. Even cold glue is hard to get here... why? Because no one calls it that and I can't ask for what I don't know the essential difference is with other glues! Not to mention a re-stickable glue stick. Not common. It almost makes me want to move lol.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Finding restickable glue sticks I find ahrd too - even in Canada! Lucky we have IKEA stores here - you can swipe a gazillion golf pencils...

As for the items in this manuscript - they are SO common at arts and craft stores - you should be OK - and once you see the construction, you can likely use some other similar items to make the same thing anyway!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Tony Chapparo
View Profile
Special user
Albuquerque, NM
704 Posts

Profile of Tony Chapparo
Thanks sibbie and Dr. Spektor, you are making my job too easy!

The materials should be very easy to find, and if not a suitable replacement will do.

Best,
Tony
Tony Chapparo
Steve Suss
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Steve Suss
If I'm doing my blindfold act and want to divine cards without looking at them will this gimmick facilitate that?

Thanks

Steve
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Really, some of these questions are WAY too specific, and far too obviously trying to ferret out "the secret."

Trust me, guys. "The secret" isn't half the value you get from this manuscript. You may already KNOW "the secret." What you'll get is a new perspective, a new method, and a hundred or so inspirations as to ways to use "the secret" that you might never have considered before.

(Hey, Tony! Will this gimmick facilitate my 2-card Monkey and get girls?)

*jeep!
--Granpa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
Steve Suss
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Steve Suss
Grandpa Chet,
I only asked the above question to see if this is something I will use. Reading the advertisement gave me the idea that this might be perfect for a blindfold routine. If that can't be answered then fine, but don't assume anyone is trying to ferret out the "secret". I generally do not buy things unless there is at least a reasonable probability that I will use it. I already have enough magic sitting in my drawers.

Steve
Amade3us
View Profile
Regular user
Houston
139 Posts

Profile of Amade3us
Hi Everyone!

Sorry this review has been quite delayed, due to my lack of available time at the moment. I wanted to really give this the time it deserved, and to not just pop in and make a review without constructing the gimmick and using it a handful of times. So, here's what I got:

Instructions:
The instructions included are great. Everything is covered, and it has enough pictures along the way to help you through the entire process. I was able to easily find the items needed at a local arts and crafts store, and can reiterate that you will be able to get them at any reasonable store of the type.

Gimmick:
Once constructed, the gimmick is a dream to use. I have never really delved into this sort of product before, so all of this was fairly foreign to me. I was able to master the use of this item relatively quickly, and was out performing with it the next day. At my local bar everyone knows I do magic, so anytime I want to try something new out that's where I do it. I did some other things first, and then busted out this gimmick. I borrowed a deck of cards from the bar owner, and went about doing a couple of "demonstrations" with the gimmick. It honestly could not have gone any better. Everyone was convinced that there was actually some sort of markings on the deck, and I had worked out a deal with the owner beforehand! That's how amazing the things are that you can do with this little utility. I've been working out a gambling routine to put into my act for awhile, and this is going to be the item that gets me those amazing reactions we're all constantly in search of.

A quick note about constructing this thing: Do it yourself. It's amazingly easy, and all the items needed are easily obtained.

Thanks again Tony!

-Dustin
fib
View Profile
Inner circle
1535 Posts

Profile of fib
Do you have to touch the cards?
fib
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Unmarked - mentalism, unless it's not (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL