The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Favorite Food (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
What's your favorite food?

For me, Asian cuisine is the best (Beef Noodles - Taiwan... Sushi+Ramen - Japan... Dimsum - Hong Kong... Peking Duck - China... Korean BBQ... Korea... and the list goes on and on)
GeorgeG
View Profile
Inner circle
Thousand Oaks, CA
1028 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
Mediterranean...Greek, Moroccan, Italian, Middle Eastern...all with a good red wine.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Asian. If I could only eat one type of food it would be Japanese. I have to drive a couple hundred miles for sushi and I do it.
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
Steak. But recently it just sits in my gut.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2464 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Every time I explore a new cuisine it's like opening the best Christmas present ever ... wonders to be found everywhere.

My idea of delight: finding a little ethnic hole-in-the-wall restaurant, where nobody speaks English and I'm the only Anglo they've seen that day - usually in a neighborhood where I have to wonder if my car will still be there when I get out. Extra points if there's a wall-board listing a bunch of specials I can't read.

Unfortunately, my family's tastes run to the bland and the safe, so I have to go it alone. Fortunately for me, living in DC, (as one writer put it long ago) "Our country's inadequate support of unpopular regimes has given the nation's Capital a profusion of ethnic restaurants."

Ethiopian - big broad strokes of flavor, just the way I like it.

Korean - the heat'll blow your tongue out through the back of your head, and that's just breakfast!

Chinese - the true Szechuan Peppercorn is again legal to import; you'll never forget it!

Middle-Eastern of all varieties - hookahs are in, Al Jazeera television is on, and there are amazing things being done with chicken or lamb and rice!

And then there are the markets - entire aisles of noodles, other entire aisles of spices - in a single visit I saw for the first time canned iguana and frozen bull p***s (one sentence you'll never hear from me: "It's been too long since I had a nice plate of p***s.") Nonetheless, it's encouraging to know that IF I wanted some, I know where I could get some.

Now look what you did - you got me started on food - at my weight, that's a bad idea.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I enjoy anything that was inhumanely harvested.
If I had to choose one it would be carne asada, assuming the jalapeno was cruelly picked.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3346 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2007-04-22 00:51, rossmacrae wrote:
Every time I explore a new cuisine it's like opening the best Christmas present ever ... wonders to be found everywhere.

Chinese - the true Szechuan Peppercorn is again legal to import; you'll never forget it!

You KNOW you're eatin' good when a reviewer says THAT about the food or it's ingredients!
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
1942 - 2022
7165 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
When there is no Jif aroind I'll settel for Poodle Almondine.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
Most of you are describing your favorite cuisine. I'd have to say it's a three way tie between, beef, salmon and fresh pappardelli pasta.
POOF!
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
I love Thai food, especially the hotter food. I also love italian food (Pizza/ravioli/manicotti) and authentic mexican food.
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
Pad prik pork, yummmm.
POOF!
Psy-Kosh
View Profile
Regular user
Michigan
135 Posts

Profile of Psy-Kosh
Hrm... I like various things.

I like Italian stuff (pasta and such...)
I love Indian food, when I can get it.
Lessee, what else.. I like vegetarian sushi...
Actualy, from there I've started to recently aquire a taste for sea vegetables.

I like tempeh...

Actually, in general, I like trying new stuff. Smile
magicmarkdaniel
View Profile
Special user
Bolton, England UK
831 Posts

Profile of magicmarkdaniel
Cheese on toast, that's about my limit. Oh, and Pot Noodle. Asda (Walmart) do a dazzling range of microwave meals, at reasonable prices.

I love Italian as I spent a bit of time there (2 weeks Skiing to be exact), and I am partial to Chinese Barbecue Spare Ribs, Mmmm.

Mark
Mark Daniel
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Quote:
On 2007-04-22 16:20, Psy-Kosh wrote:
Hrm... I like various things.

I like Italian stuff (pasta and such...)
I love Indian food, when I can get it.
Lessee, what else.. I like vegetarian sushi...
Actualy, from there I've started to recently aquire a taste for sea vegetables.

I like tempeh...

Actually, in general, I like trying new stuff. Smile
You sound like you are from Ann Arbor - probably a neighbor. Where do you get your sushi from? Makkara? Sodako?
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Hamburgers, hot dogs all the way and pizza.

Good seafood.
A nice fillet mignon.
Psy-Kosh
View Profile
Regular user
Michigan
135 Posts

Profile of Psy-Kosh
Quote:
On 2007-04-22 17:21, Marvello wrote:
You sound like you are from Ann Arbor - probably a neighbor. Where do you get your sushi from? Makkara? Sodako?

Not _that_ far away. I'm from West Bloomfield.

As for the sushi, it's like this: "get sushi-nori and sushi rice from store. prepare rice. mush it onto a sheet of nori. put in avocado/green onion/peppers/mushrooms/whatever and roll it up" Smile
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
Dude, I'm in Southfield. When's dinner? Smile
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14072 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I could eat popcorn shrimp all day long.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
tuffnavyrn
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1238 Posts

Profile of tuffnavyrn
I would live on Sushi.......if my bank account could afford it!
Brian-
"That smart thing that somebody else said".
msc455magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Taipei, Taiwan
1523 Posts

Profile of msc455magic
Thanks for the comments. rossmacrae, I found yours to be one of the most interesting! Smile

Best,
Charles
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Favorite Food (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL