The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Funny IQ test questions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1490 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Here are some "IQ TEST" type questions, that I thought might be funny or interesting to add a couple to a routine here and there, maybe for a comedy mentalist, etc.:

A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms. The first is full of raging fires, the second is full of assassins with loaded guns, and the third is full of lions that haven't eaten in three years. Which room is safest for him?

The third. Lions that haven't eaten in three years are dead.

----------

A woman shoots her husband. Then she holds him under water for over five minutes. Finally, she hangs him. But, five minutes later, they both go out together and enjoy a wonderful dinner together. How can this be?

The woman was a photographer. She shot a picture of her husband, developed it, and hung it up to dry.

----------

There are two plastic jugs filled with water. How could you put all of this water into a barrel, without using the jugs or any dividers, and still tell which water came from which jug?

Freeze them first. Take them out of the jugs, and put the ice in the barrel. You will be able to tell which water came from which jug.

----------

What is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and gray when you throw it away?

The answer is Charcoal.

----------

Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday?

Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow!

----------

This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so plain you would think nothing is wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is unusual though. Study it, and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But, if you work at it a bit, you might find out.

The letter "e," which is the most common letter in the English language, does not appear even once in the long paragraph.

----------

A man married his sister, killed his mother, and was born before his father. He was considered socially acceptable by normal American standards. How is this possible?

He was a pastor and married his sister to her husband. His mother died during labor. When he was born his father was present.

----------

Two adjoining rooms are separated by a wall such that you can not see into the second room when standing in the first one. The first has three light switches, each connected to an individual light in the second room. You can only walk to the second room once. How can you determine which switch is connected to which light in one trip only?

Turn on one switch for five minutes. Turn it back off and turn on another. Go check to see which light is on, which is off and which is hot (but off as well).

----------

Do they have a 4th of July in England?

Of course they do, just like any other date on the calendar.

----------

A man tries to sell a coin collector a rare and ancient coin, with a minting date marked on it of 237 BC. The collector has the man arrested for fraud. Why?

It wasn't called BC until long after Jesus.

----------

A father and son are in a car accident. The father dies. The son is taken to the emergency room, and then immediately to the operating room. The surgeon says "I can't operate on this boy! He's my son!". How is this possible?

The surgeon is the boy's mother.

----------

If there are four crows sitting on a fence and you shoot one, how many remain?

None; the others get startled and fly away.

----------

If you call a tail a leg, how many legs does a dog have?

Four; calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg.

----------

How far can a dog run into the woods?

Halfway. After that, he's running "out".

----------

Now that the Soviet Union has broken up, what is the world's largest country by land area?

It's still Russia!

----------

How can you arrange for two people to stand on the same piece of newspaper and yet be unable to touch each other without stepping off the newspaper?

Slide the newspaper half way under a closed door and ask the two people to stand on the bit of newspaper on their side of the door.

----------

How many 3-cent stamps are there in a dozen?

There are twelve.

----------

A rope ladder hangs over the side of a ship. The rungs are one foot apart and the ladder is 12 feet long. The tide is rising at four inches an hour. How long will it take before the first four rungs of the ladder are underwater?

Actually, the ladder will rise with the ship!

----------

Which would you rather have, a trunk full of nickels or a trunk half full of dimes?

Dimes are smaller than nickels, so choose the dimes.

----------

Jim has three piles of sand and Tim has four piles of sand. If they put them all together, how many do they have?

If they put them all together, there will be one pile.

----------

In which sport are the shoes made entirely of metal?

Horse racing.

----------

If the Vice-president of the United States should die, who would be President?

The President.

----------

How can you throw a golf ball with all your might and -- without hitting a wall or any other obstruction -- have the ball stop and come right back to you?

Throw the ball straight up.

----------

The maker doesn’t want it; the buyer won’t use it; and the user doesn’t even see it. What is it?

A coffin.

----------

A child is born in Boston, Massachusetts to parents who were both born in Boston, Massachusetts. Yet the child is not a United State citizen. How is this possible?

The child was born before 1776.

----------

Before Mount Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain on Earth?

Mount Everest - it just hadn't been discovered.

----------

Clara Claxton was forn on December 27th, yet her birthday is always in the summer. How is this possible?

Clara lives in the southern hemisphere.

----------

Captain Frank and some of the boys were exchanging old war stories. Art Bragg offered one about how his grandfater led a battalion against a German division during World War I. Through brillian maneuvers he defeated them and captured valuable territory. After the battle, he was presented with a sword bearing the inscription: “To Captain Bragg for Bravery, Daring and Leadership . World War One. From the Men of Battalion 8.” Captain Frank scoffed and discredited Art’s story immediately. What’s wrong with Art’s story.

World War I was not called “World War I” until World War II.

----------

What is one thing that all wise me, regardless of religion or politics, agree is between heaven and earth?
The word “and.”

----------

In what year did Christmas, and News Year’s fall on the same day?

They always fall on the same day of the week - just at different times of the year.

----------

A woman from New York married ten different men from that city, yet she did not break any laws. None of these men died, and she never divorced. How was this possible?
The lady was a Justice of the Peace.

----------

Why are 1990 American dollar bills worth more than 1989 American dollar bills?

1,990 dollar bills are worth one dollar more than 1,989 dollar bills.

----------

How many times can you subtract the number 5 from 25?
Only once, then you are subtracting from 20.

----------

A taxi driver was called to take a group of passengers to the train station. The station is normally an hour away, but with traffic being heavy, it took a full hour and a half. On the return trip, the traffic was still heavy and yet the trip took only 90 minutes. How is this possible?

An hour and a half IS 90 minutes.

----------

How could you rearrange the letters in the words “new door” to make one word? There is only one correct answer.
new door = one word

----------

Even if they are starving, natives living in the Artic will never eat a penguin’s egg. Why not?

Penguins live in the Antarctic.

----------

Which is correct to say, “The yolk of the egg ARE white” or “The yolk of the egg IS white?”

Neither, the yolk of the egg is yellow.

----------

In Okmulgee, Oklahoma, you cannot take a picture of a man with a wooden leg. Why not?

You have to take a picture of a man with a camera, not with a wooden leg.

There were an electrician and a plumber waiting in line for admission to the “International Home Show” One of them was the father of the other’s son. How could this be possible?

They were husband and wife.

----------

After the new Canon Law that took effect on November 27, 1983, would a Roman Catholic man be allowed to marry his widow’s sister?

He can’t because he’s dead.
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Thanks for sharing those, Marvello, some good ones in there (some very old ones too!).
Quote:
Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday?

To make them think a little longer you could say "without using the words Monday Thursday or Sunday". An alternative answer could be Christmas eve, christmas and boxing day.

Quote:
Do they have a 4th of July in England?
Of course they do, just like any other date on the calendar.

I actually had an American ask me if we had a 4th of July over here.
I said "No, we go straight from the 3rd to the 5th".
He said "Really?". He didn't hear the end of that for a while.

Another date one I used to ask, as a kid, is how many months have 28 days in them?

All of them.

George
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
193 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Good list! Thanks Marvello - here's a few more:

Q. What is Smokey the Bear's middle name?

A. "The"

Q. What can you comb your hair with, brush your teeth with, and sit on?

A. A comb, a toothbrush, and a chair.

Q. A man leaves home, makes three left turns, and returns home to find a man with a mask. What is the man's occupation?

A. A baseball player.

Begin by placing a penny, a nickel, and a quarter on the table. Point to the penny and say "Bob's mother had 3 kids. Can you tell me the name of this child?" The correct answer is Penny. Point to the nickel and say "Bob's mother had 3 kids. Can you tell me the name of this child?" The correct answer is Nicole, or Nicholas. Point to the quarter and say "Bob's mother had 3 kids. Can you tell me the name of this child?" Chances are, they won't get this one. The answer is of course, Bob!

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
Quote:

I personally don't like this answer because tomorrow doesn't have the word "day" in it. If it were me, I'd say "yesterday, today, and someday", or at least some other word that could be substituted for tomorrow.

Ok, a plane crashes on the Swiss/Italian border. On which side would the survivors be buried?

You don't bury the survivors, silly! Smile
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
DoctorAmazo
View Profile
Special user
Florida
643 Posts

Profile of DoctorAmazo
Quote:
On 2007-04-22 22:31, Marvello wrote:

In what year did Christmas, and News Year’s fall on the same day?

They always fall on the same day of the week - just at different times of the year.

Actually, the Christmas and New Year's that are exactly one week apart are in different years!

To be in the same year, it has to be a New Year's followed by Christmas (approximately 51 weeks later). Those two NEVER fall on the same day of the week. This year it's a Monday and a Saturday.
WhiteAngel
View Profile
Loyal user
West Virginia, USA
269 Posts

Profile of WhiteAngel
You are trapped in a room with only a mirror and a table. How do you get out?

You look in the mirror and see what you saw, you take the saw and cut the table in half. You put the two halves together and make a whole, then crawl out the hole...Word play on hole/whole..
True illusionists strive to decieve the eye AND the mind.....
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1490 Posts

Profile of Marvello
A rooster is sitting on the roof of a south-facing house - one side of the roof tilts to the east, the other side tilts to the west. If it lays an egg - which way will the egg roll?

Roosters don't lay eggs.
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
We own a Horse, he got a broken leg so I had to shoot him. Now I have a horse with a broken leg and a bullet wound...

Thanks for sharing.
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Quote:
On 2007-04-24 02:09, clynim wrote:
Quote:

I personally don't like this answer because tomorrow doesn't have the word "day" in it. If it were me, I'd say "yesterday, today, and someday", or at least some other word that could be substituted for tomorrow.

Why do they have to have the word day in them to be a day? Unless your prince is actually on the way 'someday' isn't usually tomorrow therefore not consecutive days.

George
Sal Amangka
View Profile
Special user
Manila, Philippines
710 Posts

Profile of Sal Amangka
Hey Guys,

Thanks for sharing those funny IQ test questions. Very entertaining!

Sal
Salamangka in Filipino means "Magic"
http://www.thechubstershow.com
thechubstershow@gmail.com
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2073 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Quote:
On 2007-04-24 02:09, clynim wrote:
Quote:

How about "And the next day"

M:C
PutASpellOnMe
View Profile
New user
OK
27 Posts

Profile of PutASpellOnMe
Always fun!

What do you put in a toaster?

If you said toast, you're wrong - It's bread before it's toast!

You are running a race and you overcome the person in 2nd place. What place are you in?

Did you say 1st? Nope, think again - 2nd!
"A friend is a present you give yourself"
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
16904 Posts

Profile of joseph
A lady driving down a road...cloudy night, no moon, no street lights, and a man in black crossing road....The lady still was able to stop just before hitting him....How?
It was daytime...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Phil J.
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of Phil J.
Try not to look at the answer straight away, see if you can get it first.

A brick weighs a pound plus half a brick. What is the weight of the brick?

The brick weighs two pounds.
You were born original... Don't die a copy Smile
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Did you know that if you live in Belfast, you can't be buried in Canada?!

Yeah, that's right. But not because you're not a citizen of Canada, It's because you are alive.

Hey now...
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1053 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
The results from my IQ test came back negative.
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
An interesting question that was asked had to do with the highest mountain on Earth being Mt. Everest. While this is certainly true, if the question had been "what is the tallest mountain on Earth", the answer would be very different and dependent on your point of view.

"If you say that "tallest" means the greatest distance above sea level, that would be the mountain you expect, Mt. Everest, at 8,848 meters, or 29,035 feet, above sea level."

"And if you define "tallest" as the distance between the base and the top of a mountain, you get yet a third tallest mountain, most of which is under the sea: Mauna Kea, in Hawaii. It's 10,204 meters, or 33,500 feet, from its base on the sea floor to its tip."

"But if you define "tallest" as the farthest distance from the center of the Earth, that would be Mt. Chimborazo, in Equador [sic], at 6,267 meters, or 20,703 feet, above sea level …. [I[t's farther away from Earth's center, at 6,384,404 meters; Mt. Everest is 6,381,670 meters from the center of the Earth."

Quote:
There are two plastic jugs filled with water. How could you put all of this water into a barrel, without using the jugs or any dividers, and still tell which water came from which jug?

Freeze them first. Take them out of the jugs, and put the ice in the barrel. You will be able to tell which water came from which jug.

If the jugs look alike, you still might not be able to tell. Two possible solutions to this would be to either put a distinguishing dent in one of the jugs or else mix a dye in with one of the jugs before freezing.
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
drkptrs1975
View Profile
Elite user
North Eastern PA
452 Posts

Profile of drkptrs1975
Which of the 50 states is the furthest East?

Since some of the Islands of Alaska cross the International Date Line, it puts them in the Eastern Hemisphere, so Alaska is the state that is the furthest to the East.
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Profile of Magic Enhancer
Spell SILK

Spell WILK

What do cows drink?

Did you say milk? 'Cause all the cows I've ever seen drink water!!

Robert Haas
http://www.MagicEnhancer.com
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
Quality magic products for the working professional.
www.MagicEnhancer.com
tnscot
View Profile
Loyal user
220 Posts

Profile of tnscot
Quote:
On 2007-07-01 22:26, KobiHasOneEye wrote:
Spell SILK

Spell WILK

What do cows drink?

Did you say milk? 'Cause all the cows I've ever seen drink water!!

Robert Haas
http://www.MagicEnhancer.com

Then what is the milk for? Cows drink milk as calves. People tend to forget that we use their breast milk as a beverage, but it exists to feed their young.
As Always,
Scot Legdermain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Funny IQ test questions (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.89 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL