The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » IBM Rings--no, real rings (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1448 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hmmm I think this thread stopped. let me re-ignitethe flame. I need a sample ring in order to prduce it. If I have it,then I will ask the permission of the IBM headquarters. I thnik I will have no problem for getting the permission since they do not produce it anymore. Most probbaly we will have them in three sizes for we may not do it tailormade for everybody. However in Turkey is is really easy to have them adjusted to your size for a few dollars. I have no idea how it is in the other countries.
Any idea where to find a sample or should I produce one prototype from the old photos ?
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
J.Robert
View Profile
Loyal user
Gettysburg, PA
240 Posts

Profile of J.Robert
Tora, glad to see the intrest is still there. I don't know anyone who has an IBM ring to get a sample of. Maybe someone in the Headquarters can help. If it doesn't go anywhere, I'll call them in a few days and see what we can do.
Ender_The_Irish
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Ender_The_Irish
I'd actually love to get a ring. What's the progress on production?
J.Robert
View Profile
Loyal user
Gettysburg, PA
240 Posts

Profile of J.Robert
Tora, do you already have photos of the rings? Does anyone have a ring that we can get pics of? If there is anything I can do to help this along, please let me know!
Jay Austin
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of Jay Austin
http://www.magician.org/Gold_Ring.htm

That is from the website. Click the order link and the price is there.
Jay Austin

http://austin-computer-solutions.com/
Hire a tech, not a geek.
J.Robert
View Profile
Loyal user
Gettysburg, PA
240 Posts

Profile of J.Robert
Thanks! That's great, how did you find it? I was at the IBM site and didn't see it anywhere. I'm afraid to see the price!
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
J.Robert,
You may have missed the part where Joe Bertuzzi said the project was suspended. That's probably why you don't see a link to it anymore. The price at the time ranged from $425 to $750 but they stopped offering it when prices increased even higher.

As much as we enjoy wishful thinking, all the planning being done here means nothing if IBM doesn't want to pursue it.

If you're an IBM member, you'd do better contacting IBM, by way of Joe Bertuzzi to voice your wishes.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
J.Robert
View Profile
Loyal user
Gettysburg, PA
240 Posts

Profile of J.Robert
So that link is defunct? The ring in the picture looks really nice! I'll check with Joe again and see how things look.
Jay Austin
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of Jay Austin
Quote:
On 2007-11-14 13:26, Dave VanVranken wrote:
J.Robert,
You may have missed the part where Joe Bertuzzi said the project was suspended. That's probably why you don't see a link to it anymore.

The link that I posted I found yesterday. I saw where Joe said the project had been suspended. But since I saw the link yesterday, I figured that it had been reinstated.
Jay Austin

http://austin-computer-solutions.com/
Hire a tech, not a geek.
JohntheMagician
View Profile
Regular user
Mechanicsburg, PA
157 Posts

Profile of JohntheMagician
Ok so what we need to do is just a list of Names / Signatures together and send it to Joe asking for the Ring Project to go forward. I myself would prefer a silver ring (Cheaper too) and I am sure they can come up with something as HS Clss Rings find ways to keep price down.

Here is a link to the signature list

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/IBMRING/index.html
“The hard must become habit. The habit must become easy. The easy must become beautiful.” ~ Doug Henning
<BR>____________________________________________
<BR>WWW.ILLUSIONDELUSION.COM
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17198 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Quote:
On 2007-06-16 03:48, TORA wrote:
If BJW may supply me a sample ring or if have to do one prototype ( this will cost something additional ) then I can get the right price. I soppose we also have to get permission from the IBM headquarters about manufacturing this ring.
As an industrial designer myself ( eeerrr officially, I mean ) I can follow the process. Naturally I do not have a workd,shop and I will have one goldsmith do the job for us. We will only buy it from him.
My two sents, we may do it BOTH gold (14 carat) and Silver ( 900 0r 800 carat ) so one may buy the one according to the taste as well as his budget.

Not really the kind of Jewelry that BJW does, but if you did work with BJW you would probably have an inside to IBM headquarters, considering that Robbie Wilmarth (the W of BJW) is the wife of the IBM international president.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
J.Robert
View Profile
Loyal user
Gettysburg, PA
240 Posts

Profile of J.Robert
I was at Wal-Mart a while ago and found a brochure for Keystone Rings, they specialize in class rings for Wal-Mart. Maybe they can make them using that old photo. I really don't know where to go from here with it, maybe I'll mail the brochure to the IBM and let them know we have intrest.
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1448 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
I have contacted to several producers. They all say if they have sample it is much easier. IF they have to do the artwork they charge for the handcraft and it has to be devided per ring.Since we have no idea abour how many rings we will do, and we also do not have any idea if the ring they will make is not the one the pople has expected; then what happens. Alternatively, there are rings similar to this belonging to other communities such as a club, army, college and alike. We may have them carve an IBM logo on one side and somethjing alse on the other side of the stone. Or the better we may have two logos on either side.
Please give me some idea I can begin to work on this. Moreover, even the gold one will never be 700 $ or so...It will sure be cheaper...
I think I'd rather contact the head office for that. And we also have to know that they will have no opposition to it. Plus we may offer a small donation from each ring.
Rush your ideas !!!
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
JohntheMagician
View Profile
Regular user
Mechanicsburg, PA
157 Posts

Any update on the idea of getting IBM Class Rings? I really would love a silver one. My wife is always looking to gut me something cool as far as my magic is concerned. An IBM class ring would fit the bill nicely.

Let me know
“The hard must become habit. The habit must become easy. The easy must become beautiful.” ~ Doug Henning
Merlina
View Profile
Veteran user
Maria Ibanez
370 Posts

Profile of Merlina
Hi John, contact Sindie Richison at headquarters. There is an IBM ring available you used to be able to get it from Joe Bertuzzi.

Maria Ibanez
JohntheMagician
View Profile
Regular user
Mechanicsburg, PA
157 Posts

Maria,

AS always you come thru when a question is asked. You are with out a doubt one of the nicest person's that I have ever had the pleaseure to chat with on this forum. I hope to be able to actually meet you face to face someday.

As I have said before, if your ever in the Harrisburg, Pa area please look me up ther are plenty of people in my group would would love to meet you.

Keep up the great work and thanks.
Merlina
View Profile
Veteran user
Maria Ibanez
370 Posts

Profile of Merlina
Hi John, thank you much for your very kind words and thank you for the invitation - I will make it a point to visit.

Here's a link to the page where you can actually see the ring: http://www.magician.org/portal/en/node/285 It is a lovely ring, I've actually seen one and worn it for a while just to see what it would look like on my hand....I'll have to put it on my wish list for a gift with my husband

Again, John, thank you for your kind words and invitation and don't hesitate to let me know if I may ever be of any assistance.

Keep a dream in the making

Maria Ibanez
clownmagic
View Profile
New user
Fallsview, NY
41 Posts

Profile of clownmagic
What would be cool was if the ring was PK or somehow "magical"!
Mike Gorman
View Profile
New user
Cary, North Carolina
58 Posts

Profile of Mike Gorman
BJW Magical Jewelry has great, HIGH QUALITY IBM Rings and other magical jewelry for men and women. They are expensive, but if you want good quality jewelry, you have to make the investment.

BJW is run by three magicians producing jewelry for magicians!

Here is their link: http://www.magicaljewelersbjw.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » IBM Rings--no, real rings (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL