We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » P&T do the Super Bowl (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1401 Posts

Profile of Steve Friedberg
From an ABC-TV news release about this Sunday's Super Bowl coverage:

Penn & TELLER: In a once-in-a-lifetime trick, magicians Penn & Teller will write down and hermetically seal the winner, score and MVP of Super Bowl XXXVII along with one "off-the-wall" prediction during the pre-game show. The two will reappear on our postgame show to reveal their results.

Wanna bet they don't pull the same routine they did during the WMS? Smile
Cheers,
Steve

"A trick does not fool the eyes, but fools the brain." -- John Mulholland
JAEIII
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of JAEIII
Well, they got it right.

Smile
Believe In Magic....I do!
Justin Flom
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of Justin Flom
Maybe this wasn't on purpose but the tube left the camera's sight about twice. Once when the news anchor turned his back on us while holding the prediction tube, and another when it was hit and flew out of sight for a moment. Perhaps opportunities for a switch?
JAEIII
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of JAEIII
Hmm...perhaps. But assuming they were surrounded by what looked like hundreds of people, I'm not sure if they would want to risk a switch that obvious. I'm sure it went out of site by mistake (camera man didn't know what to do or expect I'm sure). I'm not exactly sure how it was accomplished, but I was pretty impressed. Smile
Believe In Magic....I do!
JamesD
View Profile
New user
Lexington KY
70 Posts

Profile of JamesD
They were great as always. I wondered about the off camera incidents as well, but I really think that they're too good to have to resort to kicking something off camera for a switch.

Not that they wouldn't, but that they don't have to.
RandomEffects
View Profile
Veteran user
Boston, MA
323 Posts

Profile of RandomEffects
Quote:
On 2003-01-27 23:02, JamesD wrote:
They were great as always. I wondered about the off camera incidents as well, but I really think that they're too good to have to resort to kicking something off camera for a switch.

Not that they wouldn't, but that they don't have to.

In also noticed that it was off camera a couple of times and i would not put it past them to do something as simple as that. Personally i think that the woman holding the tube was a stooge and did the switch for them, after all who suspects the bystander at that momnet?

Mat
Platt
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1841 Posts

Profile of Platt
Weak switch. All the attention is on the pickle jar and the container inside. That was nice. I'm thinking clean, clean, clean. Of course there had to be another container/tube inside the first container. They got very handsy with the tube. And that was apparent to all. Weak. Weak. Weak.
Sugar Rush is here! Freakishly visual magic. http://www.plattmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » P&T do the Super Bowl (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL