The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » PastaMagic - Frank (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of dmagic
Before I tell my story
I want to know how can I find - Frank from pastamagic ?

PastaMagic/D&F Illusions
396 Davis Ave.
Kearny, NJ 07032

please I need to know
Majestic12
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
643 Posts

Profile of Majestic12
Write him a letter Smile
dmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of dmagic
I buy tricks $220
And the package not arrive 60 days
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I ordered from him years ago. Very over priced as I found out.

Go to MJM Magic ( http://www.mjmmagic.com ) for magic.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
dmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of dmagic
Thanks Christopher
but , I want my money back ! I don't need more magic .

Dudu
doormouse
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of doormouse
If you used a credit card you can do a charge back for non delivery of product, see your bank. Paypal will also let you open a dispute and will eventually give you a refund. There is a deadline so don't wait any longer.
Unfortunately there are a few people out there that will just take your money and then you will never hear from them again.
BSutter
View Profile
Special user
Sitting on a pile of
582 Posts

Profile of BSutter
Contact info:

PastaMagic/D&F Illusions. 396 Davis Ave. Kearny, NJ 07032. Email PastaMagic@aol.com. Telephone Numbers! (201) 998-7773. (201) 998-1293. FAX. (201) 998-5965

I know nothing about these people, I am just providing information.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2164 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Order anything with magnets? Customs drilled a chop cup because xray picked up on it and they found is suspicous. Anything unusual about a package and they will open it and delay it. Did you request he declare a lower value, if so the customs is notorious for opening when a package is heavy and low value declared or coming from a commercial us business. Did you insure the package? I'm sure Frank put tracking on it, unless you requested surface mail, could take up to 3-4 months before it gets there. If the package was insured for 220.00 and a lower declaration was made this would cause a customs issue. You may want to have your postal facility check with customs to make sure it's not sitting on hold with VAT due on it. I've had that happen often with packages we ship overseas.

I've been dealing with Frank for about 9 years, never a problem if something went wrong he always made it right. As to being over priced, well being an ebay seller vendors calculate percentages in to cover ebay fees, but he's convenient and usually has a lot in stock rather than Vaporware.

I see Bill gave you his numbers, give him a call, Frank is on the up and up.

Jake
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
dmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of dmagic
What ? 3-4 month ?
if I know that I just add money for shipping.

but he said 1 month no more ...
he posted 02/22/07
now its 04/27/07

:-(
Charlie the Tuna
View Profile
Regular user
Baltimore Maryland
111 Posts

Profile of Charlie the Tuna
Jake,
I had no idea customs would actually destroy items that seemed suspicious on xray. Many gimmicked magic items will xray funny. Is the best solution to pay for upgraded shipping and declare a higher value/ insurance level?
Charlie
Charlie,
A Magician with Good Taste.

Only perform an illusion once. The first time is magical, the second is an education.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Charlie,

sorry ***s drilled a Ken Brooke Chop cup and when I filed a complaint, they were well within their legal rights, so they say. The whole world has gone to ****. I generally now only ship global priority or express, express seems to go right through. I've never had an issue with express shipping. One thing I have found out from several overseas buyers is that their postal system sits on a package that has a VAT due and never notify the customer.

I no longer under declare as customs opened a box once and matched invoice to declaration, the co. was issued a warning and told of stiff fines and postal legal action. I won't under declare an invoice as that is illegal as well and can definately cause IRS issues. Some say it's easy to manage, but I'm not taking a chance with the IRS or the Company because someone does not want to pay tax.

Jake
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On 2007-04-27 15:08, dmagic wrote:
What ? 3-4 month ?
if I know that I just add money for shipping.

but he said 1 month no more ...
he posted 02/22/07
now its 04/27/07

:-(

Brett Sherwood returned a set of cups to me for tradeout for a corrected set. Brett sent them promplty, but once in the hands of the postal system, both abroad and the US it took 6 months to get back to me. Surface Packages get the old chinese firedrill handling, they get to it after walking around it several thousand times.

Again, all my dealings with Frank, which run well over 100's have always been great and all issues were either damage in shipping or loss by the postal system, all of which Frank corrected immediately. Again I would check with your postal office to see if they are holding them for some reason.
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
Mad Jake, did you ever get a new chop cup? It would infuriate me if customs did this to something that I spent a lot of money on and then said "Too bad" while sticking out their tongue at you!

Canadian customs can be a bear. Sent an item to one person and customs delayed it for over a month. I'm surprised that they didn't open up the box and drill into the air compressor now that I've heard your tale of woe.
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
No, no new cup, had to repair it which took several applications to get it right. Sorry ***s.

I had the postal system ship a Canada bound order to Australia, it set in customs there for 3 months, in the meantime I duplicate the order and reship to Canada, this diaper has the gaul to ream me because I insured the package at my cost and because the insured value was the actual invoice cost, he had to pay VAT tax on it.

What it boils down to is you under declare and break the law and the package gets lost, you're out $$$. Declare it in full and the customer crys foul. It's a no win situation most of the time.
dmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of dmagic
The post office sayd no have something for me .
I call to Frank but he no there at office.
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1599 Posts

Profile of Futureal
I haven't dealt with Frank in a couple of years, but before that I often ordered from him. Everything was well priced and showed up when he said it would.

- not sure if he's still got an eBay store, perhaps do a search on there and try emailing him from there.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » PastaMagic - Frank (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL