The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Glasswalking at Art Event (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
I have been booked as a glasswalker at a high-end art opening in Pittsburgh expected to draw 1200 guests. Please see:

http://www.phipps.conservatory.org/chihuly.htm

I will be performing continuously as an installation piece.

I am posting this here because I think it is interesting that there now appears to be some acceptance of a sideshow feat among high-budget corporate types. Perhaps this is a good sign for all of us.

Yours,

Paul
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
That's a nice job to land!

Maybe you need a sledgehammer there, and something to make it look as if you're deconstructing one of the exhibits.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
What a great gig that was! The next morning, Eric Starkey and I met for breakfast and had a great time talking. I would love to do more gigs like this in the future. None of these folks had ever heard of glasswalking, let alone seen a live performer do it. It was fun being "recontextualized," without the frock coat, top hat, sideshow banners and talking.

Yours,

Paul
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Good job!

Hooking up with Eric is also good. He's an excellent human being, and a very solid performer. And I like the way he thinks, which makes the two of you very dangerous.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1357 Posts

Profile of handa
Paul,

Sorry I missed you. Our messages "crossed streams" somehow.

Locally, I heard that the installation was a huge success and touted as a very classy introduction of several new artforms to the Pittsburgh cultural scene. Phipps was fortunate to have somebody such as yourself as a part of the installation.

Chris
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Chris,

I am sorry that I missed you!

I think that it is safe to say that no one at the event had ever heard of glasswalking, let alone seen it done. There were a lot of photographers and video cameramen. Check out Whirl, which ought to have a lot of photos soon.

And Harley, you are right about Eric. He has a lot of terrific ideas. We had great fun bouncing them around.

Yours,

Paul
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Chris,

I am sorry that I missed you!

I think that it is safe to say that no one at the event had ever heard of glasswalking, let alone seen it done. There were a lot of photographers and video cameramen. Check out Whirl, which ought to have a lot of photos soon.

And Harley, you are right about Eric. He has a lot of terrific ideas. We had great fun bouncing them around.

Yours,

Paul
Eric Starkey
View Profile
Regular user
Pittsburgh, PA
180 Posts

Profile of Eric Starkey
Harley / Paul,
You guys are very kind. I am proud to call you friends and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Be good...

Eric
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Glasswalking at Art Event (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL