The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Books of Wonder 1 & 2 by Tommy Wonder (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Jon,

From all available accounts, (which are admittedly sketchy) Tommy Wonder (fka Jos Bema) is alive and doing well, having recently survived the experience of getting married. Smile

I haven't seen him since we had him out here for the Hawaii convention in '92, or so. One story: He decided to attend a Hawaiian Luau, and they boarded him on a bus with the other visitors. It was a long ride to the luau grounds, so the bus driver made everyone sing "Old McDonald" all the way out. Tommy is very funny telling the story, including the fact that he started thinking this was the strangest way for people to behave, but by the end of the trip he was singing along with the rest of the bus and having a great time. Smile

Part of the purpose of Tommy's "Books of" was to set the aspiring magician on the right track, and to help him avoid problems along the way. They do this remarkably well, but that's coming from me, a guy who's made most of those mistakes already. I've always wondered what would have happened if I had this advice when I started out. Would I have listened?

So far, it appears the book is still on Maxim's B list, so maybe not.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
973 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
Great books filled with practical info from a warm human being that overflows with talent.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Howzit Barry! Nice to have you with us. Smile
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
973 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
thank you Curtis....nice to be here. Been lurking during coffee season but will be adding more of my opinions now. And always happy to put in a good word for Tommy Wonder.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
Dave Egleston
View Profile
Special user
Ceres, Ca
632 Posts

Profile of Dave Egleston
I was lucky enough to meet Tommy Wonder in the early '90s - He was staying at my friends house in Sacramento - As for the "impracticality" of some of the tricks presented -- I think the people who think these tricks as impracticle are equating hard work with impracticality.

"B" list? - Maxim, if you're serious about adding first class books to your collection - Run out and get these books

Dave
RichTom
View Profile
New user
Santa Monica, CA
17 Posts

Profile of RichTom
These are great books - well worth the study!
felix
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of felix
I don´t think you will do much of the magic in the book but the theory behind the routines and the capters that deal with theory only are great and will definitely make you think. You also learn alot about direction ( after reading these books, you will probably never use the word mis - direction again ).

Yours Felix
Symmatrix
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of Symmatrix
Great Review and discussion ...

So guys where can I find Wonder Books Vol 1 & 2?

Thanks

Symmatrix Smile
What We See Is Mainly Depend On What We Look For.
Only Those Who Can See The Invisible Can Do The Impossible.

Symmatrix Magic
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
781 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
Symmatrix,you can find these books at either, H and R magic or denny and lee. oblique
scottlurowist
View Profile
New user
Wappingers Falls, NY
52 Posts

Profile of scottlurowist
These books are now out of print, so if you are going to get them, get them now.

I ordered a set for $75.00 from The Magic Warehouse. I haven't received them yet, but my credit card was charged. So I assume they still have them.

I know Chazpro only has vol. 2.

Scott
Mark Ennis
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC
1031 Posts

Profile of Mark Ennis
I don't have his books but I finally saw a video performance of a lecture he gave in England about 10 years ago. He performed 3 effects - Torn and Restored Card, Lighter to Match Box and Shrinking Card Case/Ambitious Card/ Shrinking Cards.

I thought he was fantastic and I will also pick up his books.
ME
rnaviaux
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of rnaviaux
I think these books are part of the very few books in the literature of magic that form the theoretical foundation of our art.

'nuff said.

Randy
andre combrinck
View Profile
Special user
South Africa
953 Posts

Profile of andre combrinck
Must have books.
Andre
ajcombri@telkomsa.net
danielchua
View Profile
Regular user
Malaysia
119 Posts

Profile of danielchua
Any comparision between his books and the DVDs?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Books of Wonder 1 & 2 by Tommy Wonder (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL