The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » 1337 by Sean Fields (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Price:$25
Where to by: http://www.seanfields.net

this is one set of material, it has three effects with bottles of water, a billet peek, epic routine, a impromptu incredible singed bill through glass table, a psychic surgery effect(awsome by the way), and an impromptu torn anfd restored card.

20 B-Low- the incredibly visual bill through glass table effect where the bill is singed and there is two hands above th table when the bill is passed through! 10/10

Auquatic- a very nice penny through water filled bottle. this uses a gimmick, but if you don't have it within your reach then your a laymen. 8/10

Iced Up- this doesn't seem very practical but ive hear of people doing this and getting reaction like crazy! 9/10

Excised- this is the psychic surgery routine that's just gross(but your audiences will love it), where you burrow a necklace and swallow it(hand shown empty). then the performer graps his stomach and pulls the necklace(with blood) through his skin, all using a common gimmick, NICE!10/10

FU2- this is described as "the final word on T&R card effects", but I see it as a more final word on impromptu T&R cards. this is the hardest effect to master and you will read it a few times to understand it, still is awsome! 9.5/10

Taste-icular- this is the highlight of the notes, where water changes to moutwash in a specs mouth! a gimmick is easily made and is so easy to carry and perform. the method is a little restricting though, since your can't do very many other changes.10/10(it is worthy of more)

1337P33K- this is such a great billet move. if you like the acidus peek you will love this(i know I do). anything can be written in seconds you peek it, this looks like a physical impossibility.

Ultimate Epic- this is the epic mentalism routine taken to a new level, this puts the previous peek to work with cold hard nerve. this is practicly impromptu(though you do need something) and it plays for a lot of genres.10/10

CONCLUSION
this was my first look into Sean's work(but not my last). I would pay a lot for everyone of Sean's routines, yet he sells them at a bargin and is great on customer service.
10/10 TOTAL
Pathian
View Profile
Regular user
Dayton, OH
175 Posts

Profile of Pathian
Is that Tasticular routine similar to Morgan Strebler's Taste Conditions?
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
I'm not familiar with Morgan's method, but Sean mentions the methods are very different.
Eric Gretencord
View Profile
Regular user
Houston, TX
170 Posts

Profile of Eric Gretencord
Quote:
On 2007-04-28 03:25, Pathian wrote:
Is that Tasticular routine similar to Morgan Strebler's Taste Conditions?

Yes, the routine is but the methods differ. Morgan's is more psychologically based whereas Sean's is done with magic trickery and nearly sure-fire.
He who wonders discovers that this in itself is wonder.
-M. C. Escher
Charlie the Tuna
View Profile
Regular user
Baltimore Maryland
111 Posts

Profile of Charlie the Tuna
Does anyone else have experience with Sean's effects?
Charlie
Charlie,
A Magician with Good Taste.

Only perform an illusion once. The first time is magical, the second is an education.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
While I haven't played a lot with them, the taste-icular is better than Morgan's...I think it's more realistic and the psychology and liklihood of being discovered is not as great. I found this worth the price of the notes alone!
landon
View Profile
Regular user
Alberta, Canada
158 Posts

Profile of landon
Tasticular is awesome!!! Definately worthy of being sold on its own. I've been having troubles with some of the other effects though, such as Aquatic and the "1337 peek". Maybe I just need to read more carefully... B-low is also very nice. The only problem is I barely ever encounter a glass table top. All in all, great set of notes.

Landon
magicswan
View Profile
Loyal user
springfield,ma
253 Posts

Profile of magicswan
Does the coin HAVE to be a penny?
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
I think I was one of the first to see the test version of these notes. Worth every penny an check out the rest of seans stuff
landon
View Profile
Regular user
Alberta, Canada
158 Posts

Profile of landon
Quote:
On 2007-04-29 23:13, magicswan wrote:
Does the coin HAVE to be a penny?

I think I mentioned this in another thread, but the illusion is somewhat angle sensitive and difficult to achieve. This is my experience so far, although I haven't worked with it extensively yet. Because of this, I think a bigger coin would be much harder. Sorry for being vague but I'm trying not to expose too much.

I would test it out for you but I'm still trying to get the penny to work! If you are thinking a half dollar like coin, it will not work, at least not with the method provided.

Hope this helped,

Landon
magicswan
View Profile
Loyal user
springfield,ma
253 Posts

Profile of magicswan
Nah,a qaurter or one from another country..not fishing,but thanks for the info.
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
I really cant wait for Justin Miller's CIB.
illusiOHN
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of illusiOHN
Just bought these. Have only played with the coin in bottle so far. Here are my early thoughts:

On the upside: great notes at a great value!

On the downside: I'm having trouble with finding good props for the coin thru bottle.

However, Sean has been very helpful via PM's!

If I get a chance to share more, I will.
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Well aquafina bottles are probly the easiest to find so I practice with them. ive played with the FU2 a little more and wow it is such a awsome routine!!!
Chris Oberle
View Profile
Elite user
California
444 Posts

Profile of Chris Oberle
Quote:
On 2007-05-08 22:35, magician 336 wrote:
I really cant wait for Justin Miller's CIB.

Justin Miller does not have CIB's coming out.
Ellusionist is coming out with them on their site.

Justin does the teaching and performances for E.
Justin does say they are the best he has ever seen and uses them himself.

Quote:
On 2007-01-03 23:51, jussy wrote:
I can tell you right now that these three version's of cib are the BEST ones I have seen by far...ever! Now I no longer do magic, and I have already been well taken care of for this project so I do not get royalties for this or anything like that so do not think this is a marketing ploy by me. I am just thrilled about these CIB's that will be out with E. I did the teaching and the street performances..these WILL go down in magic history as the BEST versions EVER created thus far.
Bravo Nick.

e-man
View Profile
Special user
HILTON HEAD,SC
880 Posts

Profile of e-man
I wish Sean put THEE Torn and Restored card in this still awsome value.
我被烹调
ERIC HELVENSTON
zachdotcom
View Profile
New user
Orlando, FL
58 Posts

Profile of zachdotcom
25 bucks is a tad on the expensive side for an e-book. That's all that kept me from buying it.
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
The book is devoid of pics which makes it hard for people like me to follow.
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
NYC
752 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
Zach,

While the price is a little steep at $25... the routines you'll gain from this will more than make up for it. Besides, the thinking alone behind "Taste-ticular" has proved it to be more workable than the previously released "Taste Conditions." And that was around $30 if I remember correctly. It really is stuff you will USE. Not just pipe dreams.

macGyver,

I do agree about the lack of pictures. But Seans byplay and thorough description make it relatively easy with concentrated reading. Are you a right handed person who found FU2 hard because of it? Good. Me too. LOL Smile

J
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
The Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
1982 Posts

Profile of The Mac
I'm right handed ,dyslexic with the concentration span of a retarded goldfish..in short I am the Homer Simpson of magic. If anyone has made videoclips of anythng frm the book..LINK US!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » 1337 by Sean Fields (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL