We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Counterfeit Spectator???? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

NewsReporter
View Profile
New user
Bentonville
13 Posts

Profile of NewsReporter
Paul Harris....spectator's name appears on bill....I think Blaine did it once. Does anybody remember or know this? It seems that no one ever discusses this effect. I updated it, which really seemed to add to the effect, and use to use it all the time. Got great reactions, but it became THE trick everyone constantly requested...and it really isn't an "on request" effect. So, I quit for about a year and now it seems as if I've lost the "magic" as far as this trick is concerned. I would love to discuss it with anyone familiar with it. Anybody, please. Even if you don't know the effect but are familiar with B s**tches (The letters omitted rhyme with 'wubble you' and 'my') or similar illusions, please get in touch with me. As you can see, I'm kind of desperate.
Any help's appreciated,
nr
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Email me. if you can answer a question or two to prove you know it.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
illusionist987
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of illusionist987
I learned it from paul Harris' art of astonishment books. I forget which volume but it is an extremely useful resource if you havnt checked it out already.
New School Magic
"Where YOU are the master of reality!"
mfeld
View Profile
Elite user
San Francisco
458 Posts

Profile of mfeld
I do this effect. And I love it.

I didn't have the same problem where my spectators started to come back and request it again and again, but I could see how that could happen.

Whenever I have an effect like that, which can't be repeated, but that restraunt clients tend to request again, I use this concept:
When you hand the bill to the spectator, tell them to hold onto it and if they come back, you'll do something even more impressive with their now SIGNED bill.

This way, when they come back they request a DIFFERENT trick, and you are free to do any kind of bill trick (so long as you don't have to switch it out for some reason, but there is plenty of magic like this)

but if you're more worried about a stale presentation, feel free to PM me. I still do this effect and really like it.
Michael Feldman
www.michaelfeldman.com

Or follow me on Twitter - @magicianmike
And Instagram - @magicianmichaelfeldman

Check out my newest book with Ryan Plunkett: A New Angle
https://www.ryancplunkett.com/project/anewangle
Benji Bruce
View Profile
Special user
930 Posts

Profile of Benji Bruce
If you take mfled's suggestions about telling them to hold onto the bill and when they come back you will do something even more impressive then you can follow it up with Daniel Garcia's Fraud. Just make another bill with their signature and have it set up for fraud. In the end, they will have a bill with their signature on it, and a relocation of the seal.
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1619 Posts

Profile of bugjack
A question about how people prepare for this effect: does anyone try to make it so the spectator's actual signature appears onto the bill? To me, that always seemed like the logical presentation, but it would obviously be a much more involved preparation. If you don't do it that way, does anyone ever mention that it's not their signature?
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
This is in the 2nd book just to let you all know.
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
No one I have done the effect for has ever EVER said, "Hey that is not my signature!" But then again that is just me.

Remember that magic is happening. You are the one that creates the context, so create it as their name, NOT their signature.

C
THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota, USA
2379 Posts

Profile of THEGUY26 (Will Swanson)
When you perform it, don't even say it is their signature, just that it is their name.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Counterfeit Spectator???? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL