The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Royal Blue "Nu-Lash". (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Face
View Profile
Elite user
495 Posts

Profile of Face
I have been trying to find a backdrop, but I haven't found the right one yet. The fabric is called "Nu-Lash" and the colour I want is Royal Blue. I have only found one place from the internet, called Dazian: http://dazian.com/index.asp. But they don't seem to have this particular item. So I have few questions for you here, hope you can help me:
Does anybody have ideas from where should I also look for it?
Should I go with different colour at all (please do not recommend black)?
Does anybody sell it in the Europe also?
And finally, are there better and more "beautiful" backdrops for hiding threads?

Thanks already in front,
Jürgen,
AmazingEARL
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee, USA
350 Posts

Profile of AmazingEARL
NU-LASH looks like a brand name for standard Eyelash Lame'. You should be able to find Eyelash Lame' from any good theatrical fabric supply house. I've seen it in Royal Blue, so keep looking...someone somewhere carries it.

As long as it "sparkles" and is lighted properly, the backdrop's color doesn't seem to matter.

For thread work, I've seen mylar strip curtains, sparkle lame' and eyelash lame' all used. Even that stuff with faux sequins glued to it seems to work in a pinch...and may be more readily available.

Good luck!

Dan Wolfe, aka. "EARL"
Smoky Mountain Magic
http://www.SmokyMtMagic.com
"We build AMAZING things"
Moth
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Moth
If you check out http://www.rosebrand.com under "fabrics", "metallic", you can get a good look at an uncut Eyelash Lame ("Eyelash"), although it only comes in gold.

Nu-Lash (bengal lash) is a solid-weave metallic fabric - if you went with an eyelash lame, it'll be a little different. Check out the picture.

They also have a Knit Sheer and a product called "Crush" - and if you look at rain curtains, you'll see some mylar curtain options and what the blue looks like.

There's also this place:

http://www.theatricaldrapery.com/metallic.html

I've never bought from them - but they seem to have a blue eyelash for sale.

I'm pretty sure that Rose Brand and Dazian will ship internationally. But if you like the Nu-Lash for specific reasons, I notice that it doesn't have a fire rating...so I think you would want to get it flame-proofed.

I have no opinion on color - just an awareness that the most common colors for metallic fabric are in the gold/silver/copper range - however, there are blues and reds out there.

And you can always order samples!
devlinn
View Profile
Regular user
Orangeville, ON
118 Posts

Profile of devlinn
I recently called ROSE BRAND for a quote on a set of Nu-Lash drapes for a Jet Set.
They were quite adamant that they didn't have it available in Royal Blue and that it was no longer available in that color.
They offered a black prism Nu-Lash instead at a discounted price but I'm not sure how effective that would be for thread work.
Moth
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of Moth
I see that Dazian stocks red - perhaps that's just the replacement for the blue; I'm not sure there would be much of a difference, at the end of the day...

I wonder where all the blue went?
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
I called the Dazian folks some time ago and they asserted that they have discontinued the royal blue Nu-Lash product. Sean Bogunia commented he's heard that some folks have used silver satisfactorily. I Have the same question as you determining the appropriate and affordably material and color for a portable backdrop to use with thread.

Dan.
Magicque
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of Magicque
How does an asrah look with nu-lash?
Bill Lhotta
View Profile
Veteran user
on top of a 14000' mountain in Colorado
356 Posts

Profile of Bill Lhotta
After a LONG exhaustive search I have finally acquired some Royal Blue Nu-lash material! Of course I had to purchase an entire roll (i.e. 52 yards) and I only need about 15 yards for my backdrop application.

The good news is I have 37 extra yards of brand new Nu-lash material I can sell to others at a discounted price. The cut price for this material (if you can find it in this color) is about $12 a square yard. If anyone is interested in picking up some of this material in Royal Blue they can have it for $11 a square yard + shipping. A square yard of this material is actually 42" x 36".

You can put together an 8' high by 9.5' wide backdrop with this material with a minimum of 9 yards of material but I would recommend more (12 yards or even 15 yards) depending on how many pleats you want to incorporate into your backdrop. Pleats help add to the camouflage effect if you are using thread work such as a dancing hank routine.

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Cheers!

** Bill **
jaynet
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of jaynet
Kinkus in Philadelphia provided us with ours. We purchased some more over
the summer. It all comes from Asia and Kinkus was very helpful.
merlinvh
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of merlinvh
Do you have anymore of the blue? I might be interested in about 3 yards. Thank you!
Quote:
On 2007-12-06 16:54, Bill Lhotta wrote:
After a LONG exhaustive search I have finally acquired some Royal Blue Nu-lash material! Of course I had to purchase an entire roll (i.e. 52 yards) and I only need about 15 yards for my backdrop application.

The good news is I have 37 extra yards of brand new Nu-lash material I can sell to others at a discounted price. The cut price for this material (if you can find it in this color) is about $12 a square yard. If anyone is interested in picking up some of this material in Royal Blue they can have it for $11 a square yard + shipping. A square yard of this material is actually 42" x 36".

You can put together an 8' high by 9.5' wide backdrop with this material with a minimum of 9 yards of material but I would recommend more (12 yards or even 15 yards) depending on how many pleats you want to incorporate into your backdrop. Pleats help add to the camouflage effect if you are using thread work such as a dancing hank routine.

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Cheers!

** Bill **
Bill Lhotta
View Profile
Veteran user
on top of a 14000' mountain in Colorado
356 Posts

Profile of Bill Lhotta
Yup, I still have some available and will PM you.

Cheers!

** Bill **
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Royal Blue "Nu-Lash". (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL