The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » MAGIC - The Magazine For Magicians » » Just When You Thought it Was Safe... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nyte Dragon
View Profile
New user
Tampa, Fl
66 Posts

Profile of Nyte Dragon
For those of you that have May's issue (and for those of you that are getting it) The short blurb on pg. 32 entitled "Just When You Though it Was Safe..." What are your views on this? Honestly, I don't think this guy needs any more plublicity, and now for him to get this? And you just know it's going to be a top seller, too! I wanted to burn this guy at the stake the first time....

Draco
jquackc
View Profile
Loyal user
JC - Denver
218 Posts

Profile of jquackc
Quote:
On 2007-04-29 16:41, Nyte Dragon wrote:
... The short blurb on pg. 32 entitled "Just When You Though it Was Safe..."
Draco

This is actually on page 36. FOr those of you who don't have the issue yet, the article is a short one about the return of the "Masked Magician". Aparantly the people behind the specials are pushing to make graphic novels based off Valentino's character and in each novel secrets to tricks will be revealed. It's even rumored Valentino is behind it. It's just a rumor but this sounds like a crappy idea. Not because secrets will be revealed but because it just doesn't sound like an interesting premise for a comic. I hardly think this will have much affect on the magic community because I don't see it getting very popular even if it does go through. If it does, then I just don't get it... It's such jackass move to devote so much time and effort to the exposure of modern magic, just for the sake of exposing. Whatever... maybe they'll make a buck or two off of it... good luck to them.
JC

www.jquackc.com
myspace.com/jquackc

It's coming...QUACK... a new ebook from the fallible mind of JC... April 2048... groundbreaking material... limited edition... only 200 will be sold. Starting at $47... Preorder your copy toda
Nyte Dragon
View Profile
New user
Tampa, Fl
66 Posts

Profile of Nyte Dragon
Well in there defense, they ATTEMPT to make it interesting by giving it some storyline, should you care to call it that. What was it? He's accused of a crime and uses magic to outrun the law and try to clear his name? I dunno, I mean I agree, I don't see it going anywhere, and I know it wont be popular, but realy, it's just the idea of it all. As if he didn't get harshed on enough with his miniseries. I guess he just wants to leave his mark and make a name for himself in the magic community, not matter what it took. Jack@**.

Sorry about the page typo, though. Thanks for the correction.

Draco
dlachance
View Profile
Veteran user
Mississippi
344 Posts

Profile of dlachance
I personally have a very big problem with this...as I did "Night at the Museum" when they exposed the TT. I open my table hopping with a TT routine and now every little person that has seen the movie is screeming "I know how you do it....I know how you do it"....so I am going to have to start using my dye tube..hehehe...

-Dorian
-Dorian LaChance
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » MAGIC - The Magazine For Magicians » » Just When You Thought it Was Safe... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL