The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! » » Nice to see fellow christians on here (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
enginemagic
View Profile
Special user
Bluffton Indiana
597 Posts

Profile of enginemagic
I`m new to some of this, but have done some small routines in the past. I have a lady that saw my bent quarter routine using the BoBo switch & she would like to have me do it with a story for Children`s chat at a local Methodest church.

Chuck
theres a lot to learn out there,many interesting subjects,and hobbies to enjoy
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
Actually, children's magic began out of Gospel magic. It's a great way to share the Gospel message. I was on the road for 8 years doing Gospel magic 30 to 40 weeks a year, 5 days a week...I think I passed myself going...
enginemagic
View Profile
Special user
Bluffton Indiana
597 Posts

Profile of enginemagic
It`s fun to share many things in a good way with youth weather its magic or building things.there was a show on last sunday called "design department" where they have 2 teams of kids & they built a automatic pancake maker from everyday things.A resturant owner was involved,and he used the machine in his resturant.My hobby is like that ,for many years I have built many fun ,and useful things from scrap metals & old machines.In high school I built a 9 HP garden tractor using automobile parts it works well,and I display it at a tractor show .theres a show on cable that mirrors my hobby called "junkyard wars" really interesting what & how they construct the machines the use in their challange. From reading many magic books & seeing videos I can use my fabricating skills to make some props used in magic routines plus put a extra features on them.
Chuck
Grandice
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Grandice
We think if anything can be used to bring be to understand God more and bring people to him ROCKS! Yor'e right it's nice to see other Christian Magicians around.
We build custom large scale illusions visit us @ http://www.grandiceillusions.com
enginemagic
View Profile
Special user
Bluffton Indiana
597 Posts

Profile of enginemagic
Its a nice thing to see Grandice ,many people have to see that.I do feel a presence that helps me in hard times ,I`m working hard on a closer walk with the.As apopular song in church says.spring has brought a nice feel to the air.
we all go through low times in our lives here ,the cold winters bring me down some.Being around good happy people melts away the coldness of winter
Grandice
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Grandice
I agree with you. Staying with God through all times is what makes you stronger. You know doing magic tricks can make the people around you good and happy people too Smile
keep on keepen' on!
We build custom large scale illusions visit us @ http://www.grandiceillusions.com
Terry Owens
View Profile
Inner circle
Ft. Wayne, Indiana
1707 Posts

Profile of Terry Owens
The Bible says laughter does good like a medicine...
enginemagic
View Profile
Special user
Bluffton Indiana
597 Posts

Profile of enginemagic
Very true ,many good hearts at out local churches
enginemagic
View Profile
Special user
Bluffton Indiana
597 Posts

Profile of enginemagic
I`m working on some nice new little routines to share at our childerns Chat to share with the treachers to use in the talks,they liked the Bent quarter routine I shared 2 weeks ago.was really nice meeting tmowens,and Tim from Ohio at our local IBM meeting last monday ,a nice happy bunch to share magic with
minds-eye-magic
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of minds-eye-magic
I'm new here so I don't really know what all to talk about with peaple here but I'm glad to see that you can talk about jesus here and not offend any one.
whats a really good trick to do for peaple on a missions trip?
DocEdward
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of DocEdward
Quote:
whats a really good trick to do for peaple on a missions trip?

That really depends on where you're taking the trip to. Some places are more receptive to magic than others, or particular types of tricks. While in other places you could really damage your witness with tricks because they could be associated with evil, demonic activity, etc. It all depends on the background of the area. Tell us where you're planning to go and we can chime in on what would be good.

< )))><
minds-eye-magic
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of minds-eye-magic
I'm going to nicaragua for the 2nd time. the first time I went I didn't know what it ment to be christian and now that I'm going again I think it would be good to do some tricks with some meaning behind them. if some one knows of a good trick or can think of a good story for somthing that would be great in the mean time ill just ask God to help me come up with somthing. my parents are thinking about going after I turn 16 years old in 17 days. well if some can think of somthing pleas write back thanks.
Katmando
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Katmando
One nice thing about magic is you do not need to speek the language for the audience to enjoy. But I would think for gospel magic one would need to communicate.

<><
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
I would suggest simple things, small easy to carry on your person type of things and also things that you wouldnt be upset to lose or have some wear and tear or damage occur such as... ropes for professors nightmare, a mental photography deck (let me know if you don't know what that is and I will be happy to share a simple gospel message you can use with one of these), thumb tip for bill switch or silk effects (very visual and fun), things like that. Items that are relatively inexpensive and easy to carry on your person without the need for a bag or backpack etc and are primarily for close up. I am assuming you are thinking of close-up and not planning on doing a stage act!

You probably should start your own topic actually so this original topic can be discussed and not lost in your mission trip news (exciting as it may be).

Either way I am happy to help out with whatever little bits of advice or suggestions that I may have.

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
blackartman
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of blackartman
I love that there is a christian magician section. its nice to know someone is supporting me. I do magic at my church every month for brunch. people love it. I recently got back from ASP (a mission trip) and was known as magicboy the whole trip. the best effects for that setting are tricks by Darwin Ortiz such as Hitchcock Aces. I use it as a devo showing how there is deception all around us and you must trust in the Lord to guide us through difficult times.
enginemagic
View Profile
Special user
Bluffton Indiana
597 Posts

Profile of enginemagic
You find a place to fit in in anny place you feel good about it ,my fitting in with Christians well & at the farm shows they have many Christians there to.we wouldnt have our food & grains with out the farmers.growin up in the church has worked well for me.dropping out of church in the past has Jaded my life.I`m back & devoted to the church now
Steve Varro
View Profile
Regular user
Nashville TN.
116 Posts

Profile of Steve Varro
Greetings:

With the FCM International Convention just a week away, I'm just wondering how many of you are planning to attend?

Steve Varro
Past President
STILL In HIS service

Steve Varro

International President of FCM

Owner/Dock Haley Gospel Magic Co.
broken_arrow
View Profile
New user
Jakarta, Indonesia
10 Posts

Profile of broken_arrow
Quote:
On 2007-05-04 12:52, Terry Owens wrote:
The Bible says laughter does good like a medicine...

I second that Terry, especially when we can make others laugh & smile thru Gospel Magic.

Cheers,
Bento
"Dominus illuminatio mea"
MrEUser
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of MrEUser
I would like to start collecting patter used and which tricks they go with. My plan is to make a book available. Any objections or interested parties?

<')))><
m15d1r3ct10n
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of m15d1r3ct10n
This is great I was always worried if what I did was frowned upon by other christians. Some do jump the gun and think all magic is forbiiden. I think if you are very clear that all of it is illusions and sleights than it should be ok. When was a kid our childrens church pastor did magic every sunday. It was a way to keep our attention, and make it entertainng since we had short attention levels then. I believe it is a great addition to any sunday school lesson.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! » » Nice to see fellow christians on here (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL