The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Russian Roulete (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

junior_way
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of junior_way
I want to include in my show a russian roulete routine as a closer. The ideea goes like this:
I have 5 plastic cups and a spike with something heavy on the bottom. I turn my back, he puts the spike under one cup, I turn my back, I read his voice as he is counting(as Derren's russian roulete)and I pop 4 of the cups. After this is done I show that in fact I knew under what glass was the spike even before with a prediction in a anvelope or something).
My method was an asistent and a multiple prediction and that's good but I want to do it by myself(without assistent). A method would be to move the cups but that I think would be obvious(even if the later on prediction will say that I already knew the cup).
I would like to hear from you an ideea for finding the glass without an assistent.
Thanks!
PS: sorry for my english
rorythegreat
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
393 Posts

Profile of rorythegreat
There are many of these effects out on the market including a version called scorpion from outlaw effects. I recommend that you do some research before you attempt anything like this. There have been many accidents where trained professionals end up picking the wrong cup and stabbing themselves in the hand. Be careful and smart about this if you do go through with it. Do your homework!
simquad
View Profile
New user
York
65 Posts

Profile of simquad
Could do it with drawing pins....(tacks are they called if your American)...that would be safer.
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3370 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Patrick Kuffs has a routine in one of his DVDs, where he crushes all paper bags except the one with a broken bottle in it. You might want to have a look at that one.
Cards never lie
obijuan
View Profile
Loyal user
New Lenox
242 Posts

Profile of obijuan
Mark the base which the spike is under.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Russian Roulete (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL