The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Magic for Jugglers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
OK this is a magic forum. What kind of magic appeals to jugglers? I attended a rope trick workshop at a juggling convention, I have seen bill folding workshops, I was kinda taught the Will Rogers snap knot at a juggling convention, and the boomerang rubber band trick is very popular among jugglers. It seems that those magic tricks that requirs high levels of skill appeal to jugglers, and even though my show is 2/3 magic I gravitate to the hand skill magic. When I go out on stage I carry a juggling bag, a jump stool, and an aluminum brief case, and enough magic in that brief case to do two shows.
Al Angello
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
As a juggler, I lean towards magic/routines that have a different edge. The reason for this is because as a juggler I find a lot of jugglers doing the same act (like pairs juggling with an audience member in the middle holding a cigarette or piece of celery which is to be knocked out). Because of this revelation, I have seen a lot of magic being the same and in turn try to be a little more unique, both in magic and in juggling.
Lawrens Godon
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1074 Posts

Profile of Lawrens Godon
I'm currently working on a stage act featuring crystal balls manipulations (multiball contact juggling), and magic.
I have found a way to make a 4-ball pyramid appear in my left hand, being able to palmspin it immediately...all I need is a silk, and the device I devised; soon I will film it for you.
In my act I want to avoid the "make some bubbles and catch them" thing, as I think lot of magicians do it.
^^
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Mr. Bill
I've never used an audience volunteer in my juggling routines, it just never occured to me, but in my magic I use lots of volunteers, and just like you Bill it is all about you that silly guy who makes people laugh.

Lawrens
Is contact juggling popular in France?

Al Angello
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
TroyRoark
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield IL
282 Posts

Profile of TroyRoark
I do this bit where I juggling a grapefruit, orange, and an egg. I do some hack juggling moves, then topit the egg (fake). Now I'm down to the orange and grapefruit. While going the best two ball tricks I know (1), I topit the orange.

Now I take a knife and peel the grapefruit to find an orange inside, peel the orange to find an egg inside. And of course crack the egg.

Then I go into the old bowl of eggs on a ten foot pole routine.
Lawrens Godon
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1074 Posts

Profile of Lawrens Godon
Quote:
Is contact juggling popular in France?

Salut, Al!

I would say that there is a little CJ community here in France...
I know some contact jugglers that work regularly:
Pich
Adrien M
Imer
Mika Quartz...
There's me too, with my own website soon...As a working magician, I always do some multiball routine in my close-up gigs, as well as on stage, and I must say that this is a real hit each time I do it!
Now I get engagements more with the cristal balls than close-up magic! lol!

There are also some good conventions, not only about CJ, there's toss juggling also, and interesting workshops.

^^
esther_scheffer
View Profile
Veteran user
the netherlands
316 Posts

Profile of esther_scheffer
Troyrork, that sounds like an interesting act!.
When I think about it I saw a lot of juggling acts, I saw quite some magic acts too, but really I never saw a combination of it where the magic actually happens while juggling. (seen soem switches when the performer juggles with the magic material before or after the magic happens). Sounds good to me!

As for All's question: I like funny tricks and I like big colourful visual tricks. My mind's like a child it seems sometimes.
As for juggling I do not like to do technical difficult stuff (and I am not so good at it) I like to dress up one of my clubs (she is called "petronella" and is scared of heights so she gets first scared, then angry with me when I start juggling with her and she start hitting my head...)
yes, I mostly perform for children.
CDS
View Profile
Regular user
MI
109 Posts

Profile of CDS
Any tricks from the Ron Bauer Private Studies... In my opinion these booklets are the best magic tricks out on the market… because you get a professional script, with jokes that are actually funny (instead of cheesy or lame lines)..
They are the closes thing we as magicians and jugglers could get if you hired; a writer, director, producer, or acting instructor, to help us put on a show..

they even have FREE trick on the web site...

http://www.thinklikeaconjurer.com/

Chuck
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Catch this if you can! » » Magic for Jugglers (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL